Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

The Utility Pole Mini Stuff Pack ****UPDATED**** 2/20/07

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,629 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 161,692 Views
  Featured Upload!   This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 21st Dec 2006 at 8:55 PM
Updated: 22nd Oct 2007 at 12:34 PM by tigdadx4 - Added link to the reworked items!
UPDATED - I have reworked parts of this set and the updated versions can be found HERE ! . Please still download all items here just extract to your downloads folder then go and get the updated versions and replace all files it asks to !!!!

Hello again !!!!!

Here is another addition to the ever popular Gutters that I made ... This time in order to make our houses look even more realistic I have designed a set of utility poles and a cable box and an electrical box plus some parking signs for the poles ...

FORGOT!!!
You will have to use the moveObjects on cheat in order to place a lot of this stuff in the correct position !!!!!

I have made the pieces I forgot to make and were requested and have uploaded them now ...They are a cable box (left and right versions) and an electric box with wires comming from the ground instead of having to use the poles ..I have made the pieces so they can be used with or without foundations , I did that by just making the wire going into the ground REALLY REALLY long !!!!!..*****WARNING***** you MUST have the utilitypole package installed in your downloads folder anyway for these items to work as they are repository objects of the utility pole meaning they pull their texture for the wires from the pole and therefore the pole is needed ...But if these are all you want you can just download the utility pole package and that will be all that is required ....I have also included a BONUS item for these parts and that is a sort of access panel to be placed near the sidewalk since the utility co.'s have to have some way to access the wires so here is the panel for them to do it .... Here are the screenshots of the NEW pieces of this set !!!!

Details for the new pieces :
access panel Faces: 38 Verts: 71
cable box alternate Faces: 1060 Verts: 1245
cable box alternate 1 Faces: 872 Verts: 891
electric meter alternate Faces: 340 Verts: 300

Also I have included a screen shot of the meticulous detail I went to on this project and that is of the GRADE 8 bolt texture seen Here !

********** UPDATE 12-23-06 **********
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL

Here are a couple more pieces to add to this collection as requested !!! First off there is a circuit breaker box in an open and closed state for placement on walls ....And second is the wires with yellow plastic stuff that can be seen comming from the utility pole down to the ground securing the pole for bad weather and such !!!!!

Details on the new objects are as follows :

Circuit Breaker Box Open - Faces : 1272 Verts : 1856
Circuit Breaker Box Closed - Faces : 272 Verts : 222
Pole Tie Down - Faces : 192 Verts : 274

Here are the pics of the new items :

UPDATED 2-20-07
The thread for the house pictured in this upload can be found here at MTS2!!!!!!

Also I have added a collection file for all the pieces that are currently in this set including the new updated items !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new items are seperated into 3 different rar files and need to be downloaded in addition to the original pieces of this set .....All update items are NOT included in the allstuffpackitems.rar and must be downloaded individually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is 1 main pole and two end poles for placement a number of ways ....The main pole is the repository object for almost all pieces in this set so it is required for anything with wires to display proper textures ...

I have also designed a cable box to be placed on the side of your houses ...The cable box will only work on 2 story houses ...There is a cable for placement above the box depending on which side of the house you place the box on and there are also 2 different cable boxes because of the wires comming out the bottom of the cable box ...Then there is a extender piece of wire for flexability (so no matter how far away from the street your houses are you can still place the wires for the cablebox) then there are 4 different end pieces for connecting the extender wire to the actual cable wire on the pole ....The electrical box I made is basically the same thing as the cable box except there is only 1 piece to place above the box itself ...

Next I have designed a sparking sign for placement on the utility pole ...I have made a base version (to allow easier recolors, There is only a red rectangle around the perimeter) and I have also included a bunch of recolors that can be found in pretty much any village town or city across this country ....

I have also designed a round transformer as seen on the top of some utility poles and can be placed on all 4 sides of the pole ..So essentially you can have up to 4 transformers at the top of your utility poles or none depending on your preference .....

There are some seperate rar files for the various pieces and also there is a COMPLETE rar containing EVERYTHING in this upload .....

All items can be found under decorative sculptures and contain the following details :

Cable Box - Faces: 1372 Verts: 1427
Cable Box 1 - Faces: 1184 Verts: 1073
Cable Wire Extender - Faces: 240 Verts: 156
Cable Wire Extender 1 - Faces: 24 Verts: 26
Cable Wire Extender 2 - Faces: 240 Verts: 156
Cable Wire Pole 1,2,3 - Faces: 24 Verts: 26
Cross Wire 1,2,3 - Faces: 528 Verts: 416
Cross Wire Extender - Faces: 48 Verts: 52
Electric Meter Box - Faces: 508 Verts: 417
Street Sign - Faces: 64 Verts: 88
Utility Pole - Faces: 4190 Verts: 3460 ( A little high but plays well on my puter only running a 256mb vid card 600+ mem and a 1.1 Ghz cpu)
Utility Pole End - Faces: 3254 Verts: 2764
Utility Pole End 1 - Faces: 3234 Verts: 2502
Utility Pole Transformer - Faces: 804 Verts: 1420

As i said already the pole poly counts are pretty high but as stated earlier my machine is not even close to up on performance and I had all these items on my lot at the same time with no apparent performance issues ....

Everything in this set can be uploaded with your house uploads ...The only thing that can be recolored is the sign and I really encourage the sign to be recolored as I only scratched the surface of the signs .....

Any questions or comments please feel free to ask and enjoy this latest addition to my items to make your simmie game a little more realistic !!!!!!