Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#19026 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:17 PM
I have UC, how do I get the patches for it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#19027 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:20 PM
Start up Origin and right click on UC icon and check for patch. This is also the same way to do a repair just incase the game goes bad on you.

You should take out your my doc "The Sims 2" folder and place it on your desktop if you have any mods in or have a config file for they could be replaced.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#19028 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:24 PM
Thank you, marka93
Top Secret Researcher
#19029 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
There are about 14 patches after installing UC that need to be done, sometimes you can do all of them 1 at a time and some players had to restart there computers after each one for them to take.

This morning after turning my computer back on I checked and it said it was up to date. Just now, after playing, I checked again to see if it was indeed turning the game on/off and it patched again...it's turning the game back on and off that makes it patch again, not the computer.

I know I have tarlia's cleaned templates but nothing I could do about that now anyway (the Universities and stealth hoods at least. Regular 'hoods apparently didn't need to go in there so i'm not sure if they were or not and just put in my documents). Not sure if I have, or had, anything else in the program files.

I'll just have to play and see if I come across any problems.

I'm not trying that patch again.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#19030 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 11:15 AM
Does anyone know if it's normal game behaviour that Young Adults show up in the "Hire Employees" panel with OFB?

If so - is there a mod to stop this?

If not - anyone know what mod I have which is enabling this??

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#19031 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That's good.

So today I loaded up AGS again to carry on with the build that I am doing and I got the creating 'Exotic Destinations' screen. Anyone know what's going on with it now?

That means that it's adding the vacation stealth hood to your neighbourhood. Is that what you were asking? Sorry if I misunderstood.

Mad Poster
#19032 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 12:26 PM
I thought that the UC was already fully patched?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19033 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
That means that it's adding the vacation stealth hood to your neighbourhood. Is that what you were asking? Sorry if I misunderstood.

Yes but why? AGS shouldn't suddenly do that. I hope it wasn't to do with me deleting the neighbourhood manager.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19034 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I thought that the UC was already fully patched?

EA said they will fix and patch the UC when they find problems with it, they will not fix the corrupt hoods but they will fix problem that were caused by making UC.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#19035 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 2:47 PM
I mean that all the EP patches were included in the UC (yeah, don't fix the hoods you corrupted; that would require actual effort).
Field Researcher
#19036 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:39 PM
Ugh, I' so glad I was able to find most of my EPs used on eBay (I already had bought Deluxe, Uni, and Best of Business ages ago) because the UC sounds like a freakin' nightmare. I'm avoiding Origin like the plague anyway. Maybe it's because I'm old and I grew up in the era of floppy disks and 8-bit games, but I really don't like that the gaming industry is slowly becoming digital downloads only. I have Steam but only because my husband bought me RPG Maker VX Ace for my birthday. I feel like it's easier for gaming companies to milk all the money they can out of people by doing it this way.
Top Secret Researcher
#19037 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 10:56 PM
ACR....is what the option says, like "set to totally faithful" what it already is or what it will be when I click it?

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#19038 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 11:13 PM
OK ... I'm still obsessed over that stupid spectral cat.

Supposedly, it's a bad thing to add it to a family, and can cause corruption. But I want to make sure .... that's if you try messing around with it (via a cheat) and try to make it a regular pet, or attempt to control it or give it functions it wasn't meant to have (such as bladder functions), correct? Not if you get it via a spell, make no effort to control it (except by max motives) or mod its actions to make it anything else than a variation of a Cheshire Cat. In short, if you play it the way the game intends you to play it (well ... maybe max motives is cheating. But just a little. And as far as I know, it doesn't alter the function or character of the cat. Just makes the creature more content.)

I know I'm not the only one concerned by this, so I don't feel too stupid. Only slightly in this case.

This one Wiki entry seems to indicate I'm on the right path: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Spectral_cat . At least it doesn't warn of dire circumstances if my witch summons one.

But then there's this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Regarding_NPCs

The bird and remote-control car is on that list, too (which might be why I thought the RCC was the spawn of evil, and should never be deleted).

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#19039 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
ACR....is what the option says, like "set to totally faithful" what it already is or what it will be when I click it?

Yea, it's confusing that hacks and stuff use both ways; but with ACR what you SEE is the opposite of what it is actually set to. So if it says "set to totally faithful" it means it is NOW set to be allow any interaction. That means if they show up on a community lot as unplayables they could decide on their own to have sex (or anything else). This particular setting is one of many in the "Cheating" category. I usually set it to "static", which will keep it from changing, then set to "totally faithful", then go back AGAIN and click on "allow low flirt". This keeps my nice family lady from ACCEPTING or starting anything but a little flirting.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#19040 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Yea, it's confusing that hacks and stuff use both ways; but with ACR what you SEE is the opposite of what it is actually set to. So if it says "set to totally faithful" it means it is NOW set to be allow any interaction. That means if they show up on a community lot as unplayables they could decide on their own to have sex (or anything else). This particular setting is one of many in the "Cheating" category. I usually set it to "static", which will keep it from changing, then set to "totally faithful", then go back AGAIN and click on "allow low flirt". This keeps my nice family lady from ACCEPTING or starting anything but a little flirting.

Thank you SO much! Stuff is set all wrong because I was so confused! Now it should be all good well once I get around to "fixing" everyone anyway.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#19041 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 12:34 PM
No this isn't correct. With the old version of ACR the option showing was an option to click to change it, but with ACR2, the option showing IS the option which is selected. It depends which version you have. But I'd assume most people have ACR2 now. (However, if it says "set to" then that does imply that it's an option you can click to change it...)

I would double check the ACR documentation for ACR1 and the Quick Notes for ACR2 (which come in the zip) - the ACR1 documentation still applies EXCEPT for the quick notes, which show the change. ACR2 also comes with an FAQ, which should answer your question I would have thought.

Jo - it happens when you load a hood and the hood doesn't think it has a vacation stealth hood attached. It can happen if you change your method for avoiding bin families - I believe one of the methods is to rename files? I don't know how AGS creates clean hoods, because I've seen the option but never touched it, but it might be related to that. Either way, something has gone wrong, and I would restore from a backup, because if you have double stealth hoods attached you end up with clone sims walking around. I have a (throwaway, so I didn't fix it) hood with double Hobbies and Magic stealth hoods. Both hobbies hoods show up when a sim unlocks a secret lot, but the spare one just looks blank, and every apartment townie has a clone. I haven't played it long enough to know about long term problems with it, but it's only there to test my Apocalypse rule set anyway, so I'll leave it until it dies in a real apocalypse of its own!

Deleting the neighbourhood manager should not do this, I have done that many times. But it might if you had only used the renaming method, possibly? Basically there is a code somewhere which instructs the game to check a loaded neighbourhood to see if it's been updated to all installed EPs. When it sees the attached stealth hoods, it won't try to add them again. When it doesn't see them, it adds them. If you have them replaced with empty versions, then it just adds an empty stealth hood which will prevent another (populated) one being added. But if they were renamed, then I don't know what it does. It might be that it tries to add one, can't find it and skips that. So then if you accidentally load the hood in a game where they are not renamed, it will add one automatically.

If the AGS hood is not supposed to have BV included, then something has gone very wrong! Sorry I haven't been able to follow exactly what you've done up until now because this thread is too disjointed. It might be worth starting a new thread if you're interested?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19042 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 12:42 PM
I'm going to have to read up on it again. It's the mini hood version with all EP's and SP's slot that I had loaded. I got it running and I've been using it for building for a good year now, but I'm clueless over the details.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19043 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 1:40 PM
User Tools - My Downloaded Items

Does the list only go back so far or is there a way to unlock older downloads? Mine doesn't show anything earlier than 2011, but I know I've downloaded stuff before then.
Top Secret Researcher
#19044 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
No this isn't correct. With the old version of ACR the option showing was an option to click to change it, but with ACR2, the option showing IS the option which is selected. It depends which version you have. But I'd assume most people have ACR2 now. (However, if it says "set to" then that does imply that it's an option you can click to change it...)

I would double check the ACR documentation for ACR1 and the Quick Notes for ACR2 (which come in the zip) - the ACR1 documentation still applies EXCEPT for the quick notes, which show the change. ACR2 also comes with an FAQ, which should answer your question I would have thought.

Jo - it happens when you load a hood and the hood doesn't think it has a vacation stealth hood attached. It can happen if you change your method for avoiding bin families - I believe one of the methods is to rename files? I don't know how AGS creates clean hoods, because I've seen the option but never touched it, but it might be related to that. Either way, something has gone wrong, and I would restore from a backup, because if you have double stealth hoods attached you end up with clone sims walking around. I have a (throwaway, so I didn't fix it) hood with double Hobbies and Magic stealth hoods. Both hobbies hoods show up when a sim unlocks a secret lot, but the spare one just looks blank, and every apartment townie has a clone. I haven't played it long enough to know about long term problems with it, but it's only there to test my Apocalypse rule set anyway, so I'll leave it until it dies in a real apocalypse of its own!

Deleting the neighbourhood manager should not do this, I have done that many times. But it might if you had only used the renaming method, possibly? Basically there is a code somewhere which instructs the game to check a loaded neighbourhood to see if it's been updated to all installed EPs. When it sees the attached stealth hoods, it won't try to add them again. When it doesn't see them, it adds them. If you have them replaced with empty versions, then it just adds an empty stealth hood which will prevent another (populated) one being added. But if they were renamed, then I don't know what it does. It might be that it tries to add one, can't find it and skips that. So then if you accidentally load the hood in a game where they are not renamed, it will add one automatically.

If the AGS hood is not supposed to have BV included, then something has gone very wrong! Sorry I haven't been able to follow exactly what you've done up until now because this thread is too disjointed. It might be worth starting a new thread if you're interested?

Thanks I went and looked up ACR 2.0 (which is what I have) and looked at the quick notes. It seems ACR can be really confusing to get into and used to to begin with but once it's all figured out it shouldn't be difficult. Now to just go around fixing all the Sims they are all manner of weird I think.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#19045 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 7:23 PM
[QUOTE=simsfreq]No this isn't correct. With the old version of ACR the option showing was an option to click to change it, but with ACR2, the option showing IS the option which is selected. It depends which version you have. But I'd assume most people have ACR2 now. (However, if it says "set to" then that does imply that it's an option you can click to change it...)QUOTE]
OMG I didn't know that, now I'm confused! And I THOUGHT I had the latest version.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#19046 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 10:03 PM
Check your documentation, grammapat I'm sure that will tell you.

Jo - I'm not sure why somebody keeps disagreeing with your posts! Strange person. If it's only used for building, in that case, I probably wouldn't worry about it at all. Yes you might have some extra vacation stealth hood data, but it's not going to affect anything for individual lots that you aren't moving sims in to (the original). Probably something just glitched and it got added.

ETA: And I'm gonna repost my question, because it got buried. :D

Does anyone know if it's normal game behaviour that Young Adults show up in the "Hire Employees" panel with OFB?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19047 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 10:13 PM
Thanks for taking the time simsfreq.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#19048 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:39 PM
@simsfreq I have had YAs show up as hireable, but I'm not sure if that's 100% normal or if it has to do with the hack I have that allows YA walkbys in the main hood. If you have the hack allowing YA walkbys, don't worry about it. If you don't, maybe wait for someone a bit more knowledgeable to weigh in.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Scholar
#19049 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:04 AM
- Is it safe to call a YA when your house has a teen? Is the reverse (YA calling a household with a teen in it) safe? I heard having teens and YAs meet in TS2-land causes problems.

- How is the positive/negative witch memory assigned? Is it based on who initiates you?

- How do I get the baby into the baby-daddy's household after an affair / out-of-wedlock pregnancy?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Scholar
#19050 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 7:21 AM
I hace never had any problems with interactions between YAs and teens. My YAs have had teen relatives and friends visit them at University and vice versa.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 762 of 1000