Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 2:37 PM
Congrats you guys! Thanks for the comments judges!
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#102 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyCat
I suck so bad... last place
I WILL DO BETTER for K & D!!

Hey now...you don't suck...none of you do.
And Lucy, you are not in last.

For those of you with lower scores things can turn around in a heartbeat.

Great job matrix. I really like those colors.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Mad Poster
#103 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 1:58 AM
my second was update, not my best work, due to the cohesiveness, but I tried and thank you sisaly :p
Forum Resident
#104 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 5:30 PM
I went for a more rustic feel this time, with coarse wood, warm colors and some floral patterns. Tried to make the room "lived".

Kitchen, first pic is the night shot.

Dining room, first one is the night shot.

Test Subject
#105 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 6:27 PM
Sorry i have to drop out, my Computer crashed and i had to deinstall sims 3 and i won't be installing it again, because sims 2 is so much more fun... I'm sorry but... That's it. I wish everyone good Luck and fun!
Mad Poster
#106 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 9:41 PM
it was fun. you wil be missed
Field Researcher
#107 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 10:08 PM
Sad to have to see you go pai.kea!

Right here are two shots of my kitchen during the DAY

and the kitchen at NIGHT

And here are two shots of my dining room during the DAY

and the dining room at NIGHT

My Sims 3 Creations
Nothing matters. We're essentially all highly evolved monkeys clinging to a rock that's falling through space and the rock itself is dying. Frankie Boyle.
Just call me sam its easier.
Scholar
Original Poster
#108 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 2:54 AM
I'm so sorry to see you go pai.kea! Hope your pc behaves for you.

Very nice Sam! Those colors rock!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 5:27 AM
Thats too bad, i like the way pai.kea design...

Challenge breeds Excellence
Forum Resident
#110 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 10:18 AM
Default Oh, I love this contest
no way to compete now? I did not read this news

I create for my amusement. I share for -I hope!- yours :)
Enjoy and ... Happy simming!
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 2:02 PM Last edited by severe_009 : 13th Sep 2009 at 5:46 AM.
Default Dining and Kitchen
Modern dining and kitchen. It's the dining and kitchen area of the house Im designing.

Dining Area

Night View

Kitchen

Nevermind my sim there at the window, hehehe^^

Night View
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#112 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 10:51 PM Last edited by easypeaze : 12th Sep 2009 at 6:15 AM.
Great rooms you guys...I am having a bit of a CAST block(lol or not). I am almost there and will have my pics up either late tonight or sometime tomorrow. Good luck everyone! Well here's my K & D. To honestly tell you, I don't know what the style is...I tried to go with an exotic, tropical kind of feel.

K-Night Shot

K-Daytime Shots

D-Night Shot

D-Daytime Shots

Scholar
Original Poster
#113 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 8:04 AM
lemoncandy, I'm so sorry I didn't see your pictures! I love your rustic theme. Reminds me of my mother's kitchen.

Alisar, sorry you missed out, maybe you can catch Cycle 2.

sever_009, do you realize that you have rotten food on your counter and in three of your pics you can see the sim locator?

I hate that frigging thing. I know my sim is right in front of my face....thank you EA. Without your help I might never have found them.

/sarcasm

easypeaze, You managed to make a great dining room out of one of my least favorite patterns and leopard print. Brilliant job!

Field Researcher
#114 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 2:07 PM
Thank you Sisaly! This contest is fun and even if I don't go on, I would love to follow it and continue decorating this house. I also want to thank lemoncandy for all her little goodies(don't know what I would do without them!) and another thank you to JaneSamborski love your wood conversions! You guys rock!
Scholar
#115 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:04 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 13th Sep 2009 at 12:46 PM.
Default Round II: TRIriana
Kitchen

Day

Night

What becomes immediately obvious when viewing this kitchen, is that there's a definite purple and black theme. The threads of white dotted here and there serve to bring some lightness into the room, as does the presence of plants. It's the most spacious room when viewed in comparison with the dining room, and both mesh in particular ways.

It's a kitchen for someone who likes sleek, and who loves to cook. The ceramic and metal bookcase gives much-needed space for cookery books and, if there isn't something in there for a masterchef to prepare - the television will have a cooking channel to view. The kitchen also has a laid-back breakfast bar, for those less formal moments.

Dining Room

Day

Night

Most of the light for these two rooms comes from the dining room and, as the black and purple theme continues, differing shades start to come out. There's a greater appearance of white too, to increase the brightness of the room. It's clear to see too, that this time there is a larger array of patterns and thse bring together the overall "funky" theme that underlies this area.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:16 PM
TRIriana...I was seriously going to do purple! It's my favorite color. Last night I was thinking that if I make it to the next round I'm going to so do something purple. Great job!
Scholar
Original Poster
#117 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:16 PM
TRIriana, I love me some purple!

One quick question, does that part of your house have a roof? Cause those shadows make it look like it's outside. No one else has shadows like that.
I do that all the time, add a new room on then forget to make a roof for it. :/

Scholar
#118 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:51 PM
Thank you, Easypeaze

Sisaly, I'll double check!
Test Subject
#119 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 3:03 AM
Kitchen Daytime 1

Kitchen Daytime 2

Kitchen Nighttime

Dining Room Daytime 1

Dining Room Daytime 2

Dining Room Nighttime
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 5:23 AM
Hahaha, i didnt notice those, maybe when i fast forwarded it, there they do all things without me noticing hahaha, let me just reupload them, and the sim locator i dont know how to remove them...
Field Researcher
#121 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 5:35 AM
severe_009 If you type help in your ctrl panel, I think the cheat is something like HeadlineEffects off or something like that.
Sisaly-Greer is just beautiful...I got her, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 5:49 AM
Im quite new to taking pictures, i ask for apology for the poor presentaion, but see i learn :D

Scholar
Original Poster
#123 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:26 AM
Thanks easypeaze! Wish I could find a skintone I like that doesn't give my sims the Michael Jackson nose. LOL

sever, you ARE learning! YAY!

LEsherick, your kitchen is so bright and sunny. Great use of color!

Just 5 more to go, then we can close the round.

Forum Resident
#124 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:42 AM
Just 5 more to go: 5 contestants? *hoping it's not hours...*
Scholar
Original Poster
#125 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
Just 5 more to go: 5 contestants? *hoping it's not hours...*

LOL, contestants, not hours. You have 15 hours.

Page 5 of 10