Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:06 PM
Just got mine from Amazon- a surprise, because the ship date was supposed to be the 21st.

I went through the launcher library and removed the few bits of non-CC that I had there. I removed my entire Library, Mods, Saves, and SavedSims folders from the Electronic Arts directory, purged all caches, and installed.

Made a Keeshond kinda like my RL one, but I was a little disappointed that I couldn't half-uncurl the tail. CAP seems pretty thorough, though, I was amazed at the detail and the number of sliders. The animations in CAP for the different personality traits are supercute.

I replaced all my CC hair, clothing, cosmetics, paintings, and patterns. I also put in my navetsea v2b skin and bloom feet- all of that seems to work fine. So does hryniuk's No Foot Tapping and No Route Fail Animation, and the No Martial Arts Idles.

NRaas NoCD also works.

I can verify everything that's been said about objects with slots- forget about your CC furniture, shelves, and kitchen appliances...

Anything you'd like me to try for you?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:07 PM
I ordered it online for pick up today and do you know what they said to me? Come back in a week.

I live in America and I ordered in advance, why don't you have the game? The only reason I even preordered was for the LE version and now I'm not even going to get it!
Theorist
#28 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 8:33 PM
What are the *other* animals like?
The birds, lizards, and stuff.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Inventor
#29 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:53 PM
Just got mine, installed and everything!
I'm loading up Appaloosa Valley as we speak!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
I ordered it online for pick up today and do you know what they said to me? Come back in a week.

I live in America and I ordered in advance, why don't you have the game? The only reason I even preordered was for the LE version and now I'm not even going to get it!

already paid? get your money back and order somewhere else.
thats what i would do, anyways.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 11:27 PM
Can't. Website won't let me.

Apparently, the shipment from EA didn't arrive, but they're hoping it will come before Tuesday and they'll call me when it comes in.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 12:19 AM
weird, as far as i know, any order in any online shop should be optioned to cancel.
really sucks that you are now forced to wait.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

I haven't seen very many of them yet. There was a rat running on a treadmill in the upstairs apartment over the stylists- the animation wasn't bad, and the rat looked and moved like a rat. When my sim took the rat from the little aquarium it was in, there was no animation for that- the rat disappeared from the cage and reappeared in the sim's inventory. She took it home and let it go in the back yard. It ran off a few feet and disappeared. I had her Maine Coon Cat patrol the area but there was no sign of it.
Eminence Grise
#34 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

My cats have been catching a lot of these... I think it's hilarious that they can keep em in their inventory. Besides a valuable beetle, the only one I've put out in a terrarium is a turtle... it moves around between its log and its lil pool area, and has to be fed. Haven't had the sim play with it yet, she's too busy seducing half of apploosa plains The cats like to watch it though.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:09 AM
I wish we could let small animals roam on the ground for a little bit.. I think it would be more realistic.. and then like watch the cat try to paw at it... To bad there isn't like a hamster ball type thing for the small rodents... that would be awesome.. I guess I'm just to picky lol..
Field Researcher
#36 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:13 AM
I suppose it would be cool if we could lets the small pets out. I always let my hamster out, though I realesed it into a box or a ball.

My Simblr: Here
Field Researcher
#37 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:36 AM
Has any one tried to befriend a unicorn and make it a part of their household yet?
Eminence Grise
#38 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
I wish we could let small animals roam on the ground for a little bit.. I think it would be more realistic.. and then like watch the cat try to paw at it... To bad there isn't like a hamster ball type thing for the small rodents... that would be awesome.. I guess I'm just to picky lol..

If a cat has a small animal in its inventory, and takes it out, it IS released on the ground. My cat had a beetle that she kept taking out to play with, until Mom wound up selling it to pay the bills (it was a rather rare beetle )

So, if you take it from the pet inventory, it's loose; take it from the human inventory, it gets a cage, terrarium or whatever.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:51 AM
How much did you get for the beetle?

My Simblr: Here
Field Researcher
#40 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 7:52 AM
Oh okay... but does the animal run away??? I don't have it yet I'm going to get the expansion pack tomorrow or well later today technically..
Eminence Grise
#41 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
How much did you get for the beetle?

That was a stag beetle and went for about $125. Not a huge amount but she's broke

Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
Oh okay... but does the animal run away??? I don't have it yet I'm going to get the expansion pack tomorrow or well later today technically..

I think it can, yes, if you dont retrieve it promptly

Edit: just had to share this... kitty autonomously unrolled the paper and lay on it:

Field Researcher
#42 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:13 AM
Lol aww kitty wants newspaper bed... My cat in real life likes shoes and boxes... I wander how long it takes for them to escape if you put them down? If you put it down will your pet cat or dog try to eat it? Do birds fly around the house? Can you have more then one small animal in a cage?
Mad Poster
#43 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:52 AM
I haven't tried letting a bird fly around the house but there is an option to open the bird cage just like in ts2. You could get the bird to fly away if you open it I guess lol
Forum Resident
#44 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Edit: just had to share this... kitty autonomously unrolled the paper and lay on it:

That's just too cute, haha, I wish my kittens would do that, they always love to shred, chew, make a huge mess out of my papers then drag and scatter them all over the floor.
Scholar
#45 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:10 AM

:cylon:
Need me to punch them?

Hey there! :)
Test Subject
#46 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:04 AM
i got it last night after a mad dash to the supermarket after work to get it before closing. Didn't get chance to install last night as I was sooo tired. Installing now while I have a quick bath before work. Wont get to play until 4pm. It's 9am now!

../The Most Beautiful Flowers in all the World, A Baby's Hands\..
Mad Poster
#47 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:24 AM

If you mean the 'limited edition' version that promises you the pet shop, it's available in stores. You could get it now if you bought it at the store instead.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:27 PM
I switched stores and manged to get Limited Edition. I'm installing now. And Twallan updated StoryProgression today! Woo!
Scholar
#49 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:53 PM Last edited by bassoon_crazy : 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:19 AM.
So I just got it...

Why didn't I have to enter the code to get the pet store?

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 11:38 PM
Been playing non stop since I got home this evening and I am loving! Yesterday my couple had twin girls and one I've decided to make a horse enthusiast (love it!). Adopted a horse called Knight, chestnut coloured mixbreed. Had a play about in the create a pet. Love the animations for the different traits, they are ever so cute. Plan on Cleo my athletic, brave horse enthusiast training Knight and creating a show jumping champ and turning them into the best of friends. So far I'm loving the pets. And the update fixed my falling through the floor problem (bonus!). :D

../The Most Beautiful Flowers in all the World, A Baby's Hands\..
Page 2 of 2