Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Hanging with the Gnomies
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 10:28 AM Last edited by leesester : 1st Aug 2011 at 5:50 PM.
Default Monthly Theme - August Apocalypse
Hello!

We have a new theme for you guys!

Apocalypse!

Time to bring out the run down buildings, hobo sims, dirty or broken objects and everything you can imagine!

How to take part?

Make a Apocalypse-themed upload. It can be anything - a lot, a sim, clothes, furniture, whatever comes to your mind, as long as it has something to do with the theme.

The upload process goes the way it normally does. You include required pictures, files, information... The only new requirement is that you include some of the following tags to your upload search keywords:
  • "theme-Apocalypse"
  • "Apocalypse"
  • "theme"

How long is the theme active?

The Apocalypse theme starts today, August 1st 2011 - and ends August 31st 2011.

Have fun with the new theme!
19 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Gnome
The Apocalypse theme starts today, August 1st 2011 - and ends August 31st 2011.

Hmm... Does the rest of the world know about this?

Anyway, great theme idea! I hope these start catching on more; I haven't noticed a whole lot of fitness/time travel uploads.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:41 PM
"I hope these start catching on more"

I think so. Apocalypse is a great theme!! Broken/ dirty stuff is more easy to do and makes fun. In my opinion "Time Travel" was very difficult to do, like it had had to be something that blow you away, Fitness had kind of a lot uploads. But I think Apocalypse will be more appealing than fitness.

Please feel free to correct me, if I make mistakes. I want to improve my English. Thanks! - My website
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 7:47 PM
I think I might do something for this! It would be my first upload! W00T!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 8:55 PM
Now this one will be fun!
Alchemist
#6 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 9:50 PM
Oooh cool, now I can finally upload my old bunker as a residential, I almost forgot about that!

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 1:51 AM
I'm really hopeing the next theme is 16th, 17th or 18th century i really miss our cool historical sims 2 stuff and we need it for the sims 3 T_T
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:56 AM
i think it is interesting!
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:10 AM
This theme tickles my brain
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 4:50 PM
Cool! These themes always get me inspired!

Dedicated to Tuning and Tweaking the Sims 3
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:31 PM
Yay! Now I can get working on some post apoc stuff

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:12 PM
lol - I was JUST drawing some plans up for a Fallout shelter. XD
What incredible timing! Now, lets see if I actually get this one done for a change.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:22 PM
This sounds like such a cool idea! And I feel silly to have to ask this, but I'm new to this website, and I was wondering where would I find the apocalypse themed items once people post them? Again I'm really sorry, I've never really used forums before haha, if for some reason this post shouldn't be here, let me know and I'll delete it! :p
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ennayr
This sounds like such a cool idea! And I feel silly to have to ask this, but I'm new to this website, and I was wondering where would I find the apocalypse themed items once people post them? Again I'm really sorry, I've never really used forums before haha, if for some reason this post shouldn't be here, let me know and I'll delete it! :p
The themed items will go to the downloads (see downloads - Sims 2/Sims 3 on the nav bar on top) as any items here. There is no separate place for them.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:40 AM
Omg so excited!!(:
#ApoclypseFuckYeah
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 9:42 AM
Oh gosh! This sounds completely awesome, I'm not gonna lie. This is kind of ironic though, because I recently found a Zombie Apocalypse challenge, so this would make that challenge a lot funner to do.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 9:56 AM
Wow, this theme is great!
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:40 AM
There are no words to explain the sound that came out of my mouth when I saw this. I suppose it could be described as a "squee"? This is the perfect idea for my first upload!
I retreat to my building cave!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#19 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 9:56 AM
YAY! Love the theme! :D

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:40 AM
xDD YEHEY!!!!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 6:27 PM
The only apocalypse themed things there were on this site was the apocalypse dining set.. WHERE ARE THE OTHERS?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 8:37 PM
A) The month isn't over yet, and B) why not take a stab at making some stuff for the theme yourself? We have tons of helpful tutorials to get you started
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 6:22 AM
great