Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2015 at 12:34 PM Last edited by Weissmann : 1st May 2015 at 9:18 PM. Reason: Retelling of problem.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Game Reset Itself?!
My game has reset itself and now acts as if brand new.

I was playing just last night and turned the game off for about fifteen minutes when I decided I wanted to play a little bit more. Before it worked fine and I just saved and quit. When the game started loading up I noticed it had the interactive loading screen again when I had turned it off to save on loading time. When the game finally got to the start screen my saved file was gone.

My CC from the store isn't working either. I don't have much. I really could care less for the three worlds Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, and Midnight Hallow. All I want is one of my store content hair styles, shoes and aquarium. My mods aren't working either. None of them interfere with each other I just have a body mod (1), contacts(1) and non default skins (3).

When I go to Documents>Sims 3>Downloads, all my store content is there. I tried re installing them and they did but they still do not show in my game.
I did the same thing with my mods with the same outcome.
I've looked at the folders and they have all the information it just isn't showing up in the game. I deleted my DCCashe and the DCBackup. Nothing has worked and I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem or the people who have something similar are MAC users.

Please help! I just re installed the games on a my laptop 4/28/15 because my other laptop broke. Nothing should be wrong.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th May 2015 at 8:07 PM
Wait, did you delete the whole files for DCBackup and DCCache? I don't think that was a good idea...

Your game might have gotten corrupted somehow. Did you check your saves file to see if it was in there? Even if you delete the save from the main menu, it will still be in that file. If it is there, I would make a copy of the file and keep it somewhere safe on your computer, and then completely uninstall the game and start fresh. You can then put the save file back into the game and see if it shows up. I wouldn't try playing the game now that you have completely deleted both of those files.

For future reference, here is a list of things safe to delete: http://measmusings.blogspot.com/201...-make-your.html