Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Seasons, Into the Future
Mods will not work (and I have read all the suggestions online)
Please Help! I had mods on my old computer, but then I got a new computer and I have been completely unable to get anything to work for months! I have followed all the directions from modthesims, and my game is up to date, Yes, it is called "Mods." Yes it is called "Packages." Yes, I have Resource.cfg. These are the ones I got from modthesims. All I can think is the pathway is a little different on this windows 8 computer. It's C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Mods. Could this be the problem? Please help, I am so tired of playing without mods!!!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:59 PM
From what I understand Win8 Folders/Files are managed pretty much the same. Mod are not installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\.. That folder contains the Core Game files. Have you tried putting your downloaded Mod package files in: your The Sims 3 game folder (where your CCcache Folder, Library, Saves etc are) in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. It might be worth checking out until a Win8 user responds.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th May 2015 at 6:09 PM
I thought it was meant to go in C:\Users\(Current user)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\ . Thats where I have it and it works fine.

Edit: Just saw some one posted while I was writing mine. Sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2015 at 6:13 PM
Dude! You are brilliant! Thank you! You deserve a cookie!!!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2015 at 6:17 PM
Mods in the Program Folder was the "Old Way," many years ago prior to Patch 1.12. If your game is up to date, you are then running Patch 1.67 and that is no longer a supported configuration. This page explains how to convert the Old Way to the New Way.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Way_to_New_Way

Which, now that I've typed that all out, might be old news to the OP already.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th May 2015 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
From what I understand Win8 Folders/Files are managed pretty much the same. Mod are not installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\.. That folder contains the Core Game files. Have you tried putting your downloaded Mod package files in: your The Sims 3 game folder (where your CCcache Folder, Library, Saves etc are) in C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. It might be worth checking out until a Win8 user responds.
Wow, I've been having the same problem. Nome of my Mods are working in my game. But the way you just described the Sims3 Game folder is not how mines look. None of those folders you listed are inside of my Sims3 Game folder. In fact my Cache, Saves, Library folder are all outside of the Sims3 Game folder. And I don't even see a bin folder. It seems that my install wasn't very good. i see some bin files in my Sigs Cache folder, but no Bin folder. This is crazy and very frustrating. My game has been jerky and stalled for two days now and I don't know the reason. Auuugh help me please.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th May 2015 at 4:36 AM
You need to set up your Mods Folder with the correct Framework as detailed On This Page . There is a download for the framework there. Also see Setup Folders & Files on that page. The illustrations show how your The Sims 3 game folder should look. The Cache, Saves, Library folder etc. should not be outside of that folder.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th May 2015 at 2:58 PM
You need to set up your Mods Folder with the correct Framework as detailed On This Page . There is a download for the framework there. Also see Setup Folders & Files on that page. The illustrations show how your The Sims 3 game folder should look. The Cache, Saves, Library folder etc. should not be outside of that folder.
Wow!!! Thank you so much Barbarat!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th May 2015 at 3:26 PM
Default That was really Helpful!!!!
OKAY, I have reset my MODS folder as I discovered the two files in the package folder weren't there anymore. But I still don't know if I have the correct order of the files in my Sims3 folder.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 8th May 2015 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mahoganywood
OKAY, I have reset my MODS folder as I discovered the two files in the package folder weren't there anymore. But I still don't know if I have the correct order of the files in my Sims3 folder.

Great. Now to check the order of files in The Sims 3 Folder go back into that link I gave you and enlarge the very first illustration under Set Up Folders And Files. That illustration shows all of the folders except the Mods folder because it is an illustration given before the Mods folder was set up.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th May 2015 at 5:44 PM
Great. Now to check the order of files in The Sims 3 Folder go back into that link I gave you and enlarge the very first illustration under Set Up Folders And Files. That illustration shows all of the folders except the Mods folder because it is an illustration given before the Mods folder was set up.

Just a follow up, if you haven't installed Venue's/Worlds/Sims with the launcher some folders won't be made by the game in the initial setup, such as the Library Folder. So it can somewhat differ to the illustration on that page.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 8th May 2015 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Just a follow up, if you haven't installed Venue's/Worlds/Sims with the launcher some folders won't be made by the game in the initial setup, such as the Library Folder. So it can somewhat differ to the illustration on that page.

Thanks J4KS .. I forgot to mention that

Edit: Whoops .. I used you NRaas name ... Sorry stevset :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th May 2015 at 6:23 PM
Thanks J4KS .. I forgot to mention that

Edit: Whoops .. I used you NRaas name ... Sorry stevset :D

Rats, no more incognito. Though if the moderators are able to change my ID on here to J4Ks, I wouldn't mind at all ;-)