Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#201 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:38 PM Last edited by levini : 29th Apr 2012 at 11:06 PM.
I do not know if this issue was addressed (I read but didnt find anything about it) but I am having a problem, When I import the ini files and ramps from any EA world, I get this
. It only appears when I zoom in to the lots. BTW, I did not edit the ini or the Ramps at all in this world.

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#202 Old 2nd May 2012 at 5:22 PM
Which files exactly are you importing, levini?
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:47 PM
Hi

I'm just wondering, is there a way to reverse or undo, if you've added files to a world (for experimentation, of course) and now you want to try new ones? Previously I've just backed up the world file and experimented, replacing the original world file back etc etc. But is there a way to just ... wipe all the changes? I hope that makes sense.
Field Researcher
#204 Old 5th May 2012 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Conorsim
Hi

I'm just wondering, is there a way to reverse or undo, if you've added files to a world (for experimentation, of course) and now you want to try new ones? Previously I've just backed up the world file and experimented, replacing the original world file back etc etc. But is there a way to just ... wipe all the changes? I hope that makes sense.

I do my weather as override packages. You can turn them on/off by renaming the file from WeatherTest_001.package to WeatherTest_001.page as an example. That way you can keep as many weather configurations as needed, and activate them quickly. They can also be embedded in a world file...and they are easy to share.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Test Subject
#205 Old 6th May 2012 at 10:04 PM
Default Create-a-World - Fog Distances??? INI files-Bridgeport
So I've been customizing my world using the bridgeport INI files and color ramps,and the only thing I've really had a problem with is my water. I've finally, after soooo many times, gotten the color I wanted for my water. However, the water is really transparent. I can see so much of the seabed and everything. The color of my water is visible but only at the "bottom" of the water (if that makes sense?). I raised and lowered the WaterDepthFactor and achieved very little effect. I then saw an old thread about changing the fog distances. I raised and lowered the start distances but it made little difference. If I changed the ends, my water color changed to a totally different color And ofcourse, making the start and ends the same, results in extreme fogginess and blurriness. SO that didnt work either. I compared all of the other wheather files and all of the numbers are very inconsistent and I dont understand the pattern (if there is one). I am using the Custom file since that is the only file that achieved the water color effect I wanted (why? Idk), therefore, the end numbers are all the same, at 1000. My question is: What do I need to set the fog distance numbers to in order to have the same water level/opacity of a Clear or Partly Cloudy file, and not have that transparency??? As of now, I am stuck and don't know what to do. Please help. Thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#206 Old 7th May 2012 at 12:04 PM Last edited by simsample : 7th May 2012 at 12:17 PM.
Just delete the files, Conor. Open the world in S3PE and sort by tag, then remove any with the _INI tag. Also, remove the colour ramps- they look like this:
https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...Aug-1102.04.jpg
Sort by type and then group to find those easily.

@GoofyGirl17- I merged your post with this thread, since you are asking a question on this topic.

To have opaque water, make sure the S3_1F886EAD_00000000_D89F9D186B7BB372%%+_INI.ini has WaterDepthFactor = 10; this is the default value. Then try making the fog start at 500 and end at 2000. That should give you the water colour back. If you want less fog or no fog at all, try copying the fog figures from the basegame Sky_ClearLight.ini file.
Test Subject
#207 Old 29th May 2012 at 9:03 PM
Hi! I've been lurking for a while now, and I've tried making my sky more sunny/saturated/bright, but I ended up with green skies instead lol.
You guys seem to be great at this! Perhaps could you upload a mod or something for a more hued/tropical sky/water for download? I've seen a few on here, but they're not as good /sunny enough. I know a few people that would like to have prettier skies aswell, but it's hard to do! if you don't take requests,thanks anyway, the explanation is very detailed (:
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#208 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:29 PM
Mmonroe, this thread is designed to help you to create your own! It would be no fun if we were to just give you the files, would it?

Anyway, there are already a few custom weather/ sky mods uploaded to this site, if you care to peruse the downloads section. If there is something specific you are stuck on with making your own files, perhaps you could show us some pictures and upload your files, so that we can take a look and help you?
Test Subject
#209 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 3:25 PM
Default Lime green water problem
Hey! I just tried the color ramps out. Here's a pictre of the one I used:

But I ran straight into a problem the first time I opened my world in CAW (and I still can't see what it is, after reading the whole post again... and again). Sorry guys I have to ask you about this. This is how I work before the problem shows:

1. First I make sure the world is looking correct in CAW (I have not exported it yet, I only test it in CAW) if not, I replace it with the backup files.
2. I go into Photoshop and make the color ramp the way I want it.
3. I save the .dds and this is how it looks like...

4. After saving I start S3PE and open up my test-world.
5. I enter Resource > Import > From File and choose my .dds-file(s).

I tried naming all 5 types of weather-ramps just in case at one point, but still I get the greenish result.

6. Then I Save and open the world in CAW. And it sure has changed, just not the way I wanted it to. The water it so transparent you can see straight to the bottom, and when I look from above the water it looks really green:

From a lower point of view though - it just snaps into normal color again (though the water is still more or less fully transparent).

What is it that I do wrong?
PS. I know this probably is a very long post for a really small problem, but I put up all the images and info anyway. Better safe than sorry so to say. I hope you've got all you need to help me out here.
Also I tried to use the Appalosa Plains color ramp that I downloaded as well (and saved the same way as the others) but still the same result. I have to replace the backups to make it normal again every time.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  KetheirasColorRamp.zip (26.5 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Description: All the 5 pics look the same, they are just saved in the above mentioned names.
Test Subject
#210 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 8:34 PM
Default Questions from me?
Okay so I think I understand all the steps but I cant seem to find ProgramFiles/ElectronicArts/TheSims3/Gamedata/Shared/Nonpackaged/Ini. So I go to Documents/ElectronicArts/Thesims3 and there is no gamedata file in there.? And I realize Documents isnt ProgramFiles but I dont understand by what it means by ProgramFiles. Please reconsider these direction thank you very much!!
Test Subject
#211 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:38 PM
Default Major Issues
Im stuck on the part on how to add your custom water to one and only one world.
When i go into S3PE and try to open my [already exported] world by going to Documents/ElectronicArts/TheSims3/InstalledWorlds its not there. i guess i never REALLY installed it but how would i install it? please and thanks
Forum Resident
#212 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 3:17 AM
Once you export your world, a .sims3pack is generated in your Sims 3 Exports folder. Double click it, and it will install to your game. Installing your World without Uploading to the Exchange
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#213 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 1:02 AM
My goodness this all seems so complicated... Well, it's time to sink or sail!
So I have a northern, coastal themed world. I'm currently using Simsample's Jericho .ini-files, which I love! But I'd just want to add a bit more aerial mist to the air, for a really coastal feel.
To explain, I took two pics in CAW with the 'Time of Day' tool!

So in this first picture the air is really foggy, but still the objects can be seen very clearly.

The thing I'd want want is in this second picture. The air looks more misty, and also, the objects seem to look misty too.

Any ideas what to tweak and how to add/decrease the mist in the air...?
Test Subject
#214 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 12:24 PM
Here are the files from Lucky Palms.
Simsample, if you want, you can take the file in your third post

This thread is great !
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_Kiwimaus_Lucky Palms_ini_dds.zip (21.9 KB, 49 downloads) - View custom content
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#215 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 2:26 PM Last edited by simsample : 1st Jul 2012 at 4:24 PM.
@Ketheira- that green colour usually occurs when you have a colour ramp loaded without its corresponding INI file. Make sure you have all necessary files imported, see the first posts for details.

@bryannam97- if you want to make an override for one world only, you do not need to use the files from the game installation- just use the files attached to post #3 to start with, and edit those. Full details in that post also:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...971&postcount=3

@Arisuka- You need to change the fog distances in one or more of the ini files:
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_560C0FD7012DA7F3%%+_INI.ini
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_967BC6C3B3808C00%%+_INI.ini
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_FE1F6A95A24A604A%%+_INI.ini
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_2C02B3532B64EB49%%+_INI.ini
S3_1F886EAD_00000000_8DEA7AE7631A026A%%+_INI.ini

Each of those files corresponds to one weather type, so if you want constant for you would make them all foggy, but for occasional for you would make only one or two foggy. For Jericho I have one stormy, one foggy but light, one foggy but dark and two relatively fog free weathers. The fog distance varies too, so that they are different degrees of fogginess- only one of them has close fog, so that the water looks foggy too.

As a guideline, look at the images in this album to see what the fog distances will do.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y2...Sky_Parameters/
The name of the files gives the figures I used- for example, Start500End5000.jpg means I used a start distance of 500 and an end distance of 5000 to get that effect, like this:
[FogDistance1]
start = 500
end = 5000
curve = 1
timeOfDay = 1

Note that if you have very close fog, for example start 100 end 500, you will see that the water becomes transparent and takes on the colour of the fog. This may or may not be desirable!

The images that have names beginning with FogCurve are showing the effects of changing the fog curve figure. Yes, I have images for all of the sea/sky parameters, but haven't had time yet to write up a proper tutorial. It's on my list of things to do, number three after live and earn money, I promise!

Note that there is a time of day parameter too; that relates to hours so timeOfDay = 16 gives the fogginess at 4PM. I think you could add or remove sets of fog numbers according to how you want it to change, so for example if you wanted to specify that it gets foggy once every two hours, you could insert blocks of numbers and change the time of day to specify this. But remember the more changes you have, the more it will lag on low-end machines.

Remember also that the ProbabilityWeight will determine how often you see that weather type!

@Kiwimaus- Thank you! I added it to the first post, very useful. I really want that world!

Edited to add: Is it me, or does Lucky Palms only have four weather files, but five ramps? Kiwimaus, could you please check whether you missed an ini file? Thanks!
Test Subject
#216 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 6:18 PM
I have sorted by type and found these nine ini-files (see screenshot)

The ini-file S3_1F886EAD_00000000_8DEA7AE7631A026A%%+_INI.ini
is not included in Lucky Palms.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#217 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 6:41 PM
How odd; I've just been gifted this world so I looked at my copy too, and it definitely isn't there. We've seen the Vacation worlds which only have two colour ramps and their corresponding weather inis, but I've never seen an EA world which has five colour ramps and only four corresponding weather inis.

The S3_00B2D882_0076A684_F0A86F660985BF20%%+_IMG.dds ramp is there, so the 8DEA should definitely be present. If the game tries to randomly select that 'Overcast' weather, there could be some strange effects seen- usually a colour ramp without the INI will cause an undesirable tint to the world.
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 12:39 AM
To all of you who wrote this:

Thank you.

Since ive never ever did anything in sp3e other than changing values. this is such a success for me. Ive tried, and tried to get rid of that creepy Bridgeport water color, and finally did it.

So, even though It may not be an official tutorial, everything you wrote works magically It took me time *5hrs to read and understand, actually its written in simple words

Once again, from a pure beginner - THANK YOU

simsample@ you are such a nice guy!

**Supergirls Don't Cry**
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#219 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:15 PM
Well done for making it work, Fiona=hazel! Don't forget to show us some pictures!

Thanks for the nice words.
Test Subject
#220 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 6:43 PM
After some help I finally saw where to download the .ini files and now it looks great!

Now I only need to make the weather effects, and change whichever of the .ini files that create the weather changes every hour (or export the original), and I'm done with my Survival Island. Thanks for a great thread!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#221 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:04 PM
Nice work, Ketheira! It looks great.

You could share your ini files in this thread, if you were so inclined.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#222 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 9:25 PM
For everyone currently making custom weather for their world, this little object may help you.

cmomoney has made a Time & Weather Change Mod which can be used to switch between your weather types. So, you can view all five of your colour ramps in-game without having to wait for the skies to cycle randomly!
Retired
retired moderator
#223 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 7:24 PM
Has another had an experience where the entire world becomes purple/fushia upon shifting to a new tuning? I had this one in Port Piston but it disappeared. Now it's happening in Grimschurch, and I've seen others report it.

It doesn't happen consistently. I keep checking if I'm missing a colour ramp or something, but don't seem to be.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#224 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 3:07 PM
@kiwi_tea- which colour ramps and ini files are you using? Could you attach them or send them to me so that I can take a look at them? What I'm thinking is that you have a ramp in there that is giving you this effect, as EA did one like this.
Retired
retired moderator
#225 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 7:11 AM
Was it Bridgeport? Currently I'm using Bridgeports with *very* minimal tweaks.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Page 9 of 18