Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 11:20 AM
Default Possible to Have Adults or Teens Study at Home?
There must be some cheat that allows you to do this by putting the game in debug mode. I'm thinking, if I aged a sim with a cheat to young adult, then enrolled them into college somehow with a cheat, then aged them back up/down, would that work? I just need to put the missing pieces together and figure out how to enroll a sim into college with a cheat. I've made it so sims can retire as adults from their careers by aging them to elder, getting them to retire from their career over the phone (works on custom too), and then aging them back down again, but I wonder could I somehow use this same technique also on students to get the desired effect? I just need to know the way to get the cheat that will enroll them in college. I searched the wiki under the cheats, but they are not all of the testing cheats, was wondering if anyone had any input.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 11:55 AM Last edited by fruitsymphony : 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:30 PM.
Perhaps, you can add the student, to a family in the main hood, with teleport thing? And see what happens.
Anyways they probably have to be YA to be able to hand in assignments and papers.(?))

(Is there a hack so mature people sims can study?)

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:42 PM Last edited by sweetbaby160 : 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:53 PM.
you can try here: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2.htm (content page) I didn't look too extensively (just dug up the page & pasted lol) but I am 90% certain that there's a "college kid lives at home" mod somewhere there...

EDIT: I stopped being lazy for two seconds & here's the direct link to the school page which/should be more helpful: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...ims2_School.htm

***actually went thru the links I gave & I was wrong, from what I can tell after a 5min look, the adult student isn't here...Katya posted the right one...my apologies***
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:48 PM
Try Christianlov's Adults Go To College mod, available in this collection here. Not tried it myself, can't guarantee/don't know how it works (maybe someone who has or does use it can say?), and the creator has left, but it's the only one I know that even vaguely allows adults at university.
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:53 PM
I was actually hoping to do this without custom content if possible due to problems that may arise. The only custom content I would feel safe using is insimenator. So if someone knows a way of using insimenator to do it, please let me know.

ETA - Sim Blender is also acceptable to me.
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 1:06 PM
Can you add a student to family in main hood with sim blender?

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
Try Christianlov's Adults Go To College mod, available in this collection here. Not tried it myself, can't guarantee/don't know how it works (maybe someone who has or does use it can say?), and the creator has left, but it's the only one I know that even vaguely allows adults at university.

I've used this one, basically, you put the noticeboard in a dorm, send a YA to college, and then they click on the noticeboard and summon an adult to college. The adult's life bar is replaced with a semester timer and when they graduate, their adult lifespan resets. The adult I used it was unemployed, so I have no idea how it affects jobs.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 5:03 PM
If you mean having uni students in the base hood, I do that all the time with this mod: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96190.0.html

Actually, I NEVER send sims to campus! Because it is way more relatable for me if they attend college while still living with their families since in my country, that is way more common than students leaving home to live away from their family at campus. That idea sounds weird for me! I attend college, and still live with my parents and all.So, I love being able to have my sims do the same. I could never imagine having to live alone in a dorm with...ew....strangers! And having to do laundry! And cook my own food! I am lazy as hell, in case you didnt notice. Actually, what I do is age the sims to "teen prodigy" with the insimenator for the first two semesters, which makes them look like teens, but enrolled in college, and when they reach junior year age them to YA. Then, I let some of them find their own place since they probably are old enough to live alone by then, but all of this is in the main hood.
Test Subject
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rulue
Actually, what I do is age the sims to "teen prodigy" with the insimenator for the first two semesters, which makes them look like teens, but enrolled in college...

Doesn't work for me.

When I age teens to 'teen prodigy' (using the insiminator's Temporal Adjustor) they look like a young adult (height, voice, hair-styles, clothing all YA), and of course they're enrolled in college. So they are young adults, in every way. This happens whether I do the aging in the main 'hood or the Uni. Have I got a bug, or am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?