Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:33 AM
The Bedouin Challenge?
Hi out there!
I just came up with this Challenge and can't get it out of my head. But before I introduce it to you I have to ask for your consideration, english is not my native Language

Here the preparation:

- you should use nraas mastercontroller an portrait panel.

- You need an all empty World. There can be lots, but nopremade homes. A desert or island would be best, but if you don't have a desert or island any other world (except bridgeport) is fine too. I recommend creating an own World without Streets, but you also can delete all lots in sunset valley, for example, and use it.

- you also need a Lot for the only 2. Family in the Town. In that household should live Some Teens of both genders, so your teens have some options for relationships. a small house with the most necessary stuff schould be enough.

- The only lot that can be placed in your City is a elixir shop or a "Commission bearings" (google translation- don't know what it is realy called) BUT THIS IS OPTIONAL

- I recommand playing with the ep's supernatural, island paradise and pets, but it is not necessary

- If you create your own world, note that you place some spawners for birds, smaller pets, Gems... u know what i mean. And its good to built an oasis too. The EA worls have Water-stuff too, it is just fair.

The Setting:
A small oriental family lives in the desert as bedouins after beeing banished from their clan an try to survive. They have to live from what they find and sell. The young daughter also has another Problem : finding a Husband her Father does not hate immediately. Also the mother tries to find a wife for her son, who is not really interested in girls or even relationships. They have an own fish pond, but there are no fish in it anymore, because a raccoon ate all of them, so they try to find new fishes for their pond. (Oh god i guess it is too messy to understand)

In CAS:
You have to create the 4 Members of the Family:
The Father should be a strict looking Man (adult) and have the traits: gatherer, does not like children, angler
The Mother should be a (young?)adult, but she is thinking like an old, embittered woman. Traits she should have: family oriented, green thumb (useful) , natural cook
The Son is a teenage boy, but he has a soft personality and does not feel ready for marriage or even a girlfriend. He kind of misses the other boys from their old clan and his father is ashamed for him. Traits he should have: neat, very emotional, does not like relationships (do nt know the correct discription)
The daughter is very romantic and just wishing for a good-looking Husband. But her father makes it hard for her to meet nice guys. Traits she should have: hopeless romantic, family oriented, natural cook

optional: if you have Pets i recommend thinking about a horse, a dog and a cat. dogs an cats can find helpful things like Gems, metals, small animals and even fish. But you will also need to feed them. A Horse would be the only allowed mode of transport, and it can allow your Sims to reach destinations faster.

Your sims will move to a empty lot. The size does not matter. Choose wisely what you buy for them. anything that needs electricity is not allowed at that moment. As you get richer, you can built more rooms and if you reach 20.000 Simoleons, you can buy a "power line" and use electricity. If you are lucky, your Sims will soon have a oriental-villa You shall only keep 1000-5000 simoleons.

The Father is doing his best gathering stuff to sell an to eat for his family. Besides that, he keeps looking for the perfect husband for his daughter, while he is forbidding his daughter to meet guys herself.
The daughter is looking for a husband, but she can only do that when her father is not at home. She hast to go out secretly and when shes at home she needs to help her mother with cooking an cleaning.
The mother is caring for the household and searches for the perfect daughter in law. Girls can only get close to her son if she likes them. She also allows her daughter to go out without the permission of the Father.
The son is helping his father. He is a loner and loves nature. He is very shy and does not like his mothers plans about marriage.

You have to find partners for your children and try to keep the family alive. If you have animals, try to breed sometimes so the next Generations will have helpful pets too. If you have Horses, only the male family members are allowed to ride them. You can alter the sims(elders) after their childs got married. Try to build up a nice, big home with enough space for all your Family Members and keep the oriental theme in mind. The goal is to have as many generations as somehow possible live like that and to make the home luxury. Your Sims will have to build everything on their own and find a way out of poverty.

I would like to see what you think and maybe someone will enjoy my challenge.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 5:07 AM