Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:21 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 15th Jul 2016 at 1:11 PM.
Default Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 4: Stuff Packs
Upcoming Pack(s):
Cool Kitchem Stuff
Does your Sim spend their free time making hearty breakfasts, luscious lunches, and delightful dinners? Good news: it’s time for dessert! The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff is perfect for all of your foodie Sims!

-----
Stuff Packs:
May 2015 - Luxury Party Stuff
June 2015 - Perfect Patio Stuff
August 2015 - Cool Kitchen Stuff
OCtober 2015 - Spooky Stuff
January 2016 - Movie Hangout Stuff
February 2016 - Romantic Garden
June 2016 - Kid's Room Stuff
July 2016 - Backyard Stuff

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:27 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 10th Jun 2015 at 7:18 PM.
Welcome to The Party!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throw a luxurious party and add a touch of style to your Sims’ lives with The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff.

This pack is similar to:
-Celebration! Stuff
-Much of TS4's pre-order content.

Gameplay:
-Depending on mixology or cooking skill level, the food/drink fountain can be filled with juice, chocolate, cheese or caramel.
-A buffet table can be instantly stocked (for a price), or manually stocked with pre-cooked food.
-A mischief skill will allow players to spike the fountain.

Create-a-Sim:
Male:
-Blazer
-Shirt w/ Vest

-Designer Suit I
-Designer Suit II

-Formal Shoes I
-Formal Shoes II

-Short Cut I
-Short Cut II
-Short Cut III

Female:
-Halter Top
-Blazer

-Striped Pants
-Pants

-Cocktail Dress
-Designer Gown I
-Designer Gown II
-Designer Gown III
-Designer Gown IV

-High Heels I
-High Heels II
-High Heels III

-Earrings
-Necklace I
-Necklace II
-Necklace III
-Bracelet I
-Bracelet II

-Bun
-Short II
-Long Cut I
-Long Cut II

-Eye Makeup I
-Eye Makeup II
-Eye Makeup III
-Eye Makeup IV
-Eye Makeup V
-Eye Makeup VI
-Eye Makeup VII
-Lipstick I
-Lipstick II

Buy:
-Backlit End Table
-Dining Table w/ Cloth
-Ottoman

-Draped Dining Chair
-Bar Stool

-Modern Wall Art Lamp
-Floor Sculpture Lamp
-Sequinned Curtain Lamp

-Modern Banquet Table
-Traditional Banquet Table
-Food/Drink Fountain
-Backlit Bar
Screenshots

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:30 PM
This is most definitely not what I would have expected as a first stuff pack, since the pre-order content was heavily involved with parties and ceremonies. I'm not exactly excited, but we'll see what comes of it.

Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:34 PM
I'd say that it's similar to Glamour Life Stuff as well..
We haven't seen anything yet but the title implies that :P

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:44 PM
When will Homeless Hobo and Mid-range stuff come out? We need poor people stuff EA!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:45 PM
I don't get it. I don't understand why we need more party stuff so soon.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943
I'd say that it's similar to Glamour Life Stuff as well..
We haven't seen anything yet but the title implies that :P

I was going to add Glamour Life as well, but I felt that it was geared more towards lifestyle rather than a momentary party. I'm still kind of itching about it, but we'll see.

Alchemist
#8 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:49 PM
How predictable ..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th May 2015 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
When will Homeless Hobo and Mid-range stuff come out? We need poor people stuff EA!

There's been a notable change in culture in regards to the Sims. This is the party pack from

TS1 - House Party:
Was pretty trashy. It focused on parties and wasn't about wealth in the slightest - it was stuff for home parties, clubs, bars, etc. Pretty tacky.
http://juegosabiertos.com/lossims/i...ouseparty_1.jpg
http://media.moddb.com/images/games.../51339_full.jpg

TS2 - Celebration Stuff
It was pretty generic, and actually void of expected class (I don't remember the prices). It was even marketed at middle class Sim families.
http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/...ion_stuff_5.jpg
http://www.cheatcc.com/imagespc/sim...ionstuff_4a.jpg

TS3 - didn't have one (that content came with generations actually). Again, marketing toward the middle & lower middle class families.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...=20140512125037
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...=20110510065908

TS4... is flat out luxury. Everything is luxury. Even the starter homes, with the exception of that one trailer, are pretty high end. Even all of the low end furniture is pretty stylish and not what you'd find in your average starter home.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:21 PM
The Sims 2 Glamorous Life tease
Instructor
#11 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:56 PM
They need to add Toddlers,Cars,Dishwashers,Trash Compactors and Ect items and worry about party items later on.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th May 2015 at 6:39 PM
Their priorities are spot on. No, really....
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:15 PM
I've never purchased a Stuff Pack. Ever. Are they worth the ridiculous price?
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:45 PM
What about family game play EA?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by j030977
I've never purchased a Stuff Pack. Ever. Are they worth the ridiculous price?

The Sims 3 stuff packs have been pretty crap all around, I only have High End Loft stuff. The Sims 2 packs were much better, with the likes of Teen Style, Kitchen and Bath, IKEA stuff (a godsend), and were cheaper to boot.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:28 PM
I've often seen stuff packs as a means of introducing new themes without the need to have gameplay attached to them, but they still enhance the culture of the game - but ONLY when done well.

Prime example: Mansion & Garden stuff - it's an expansion toward the exterior facades of homes, focusing on mansion in particular. It adds a layer of visual appeal that other EPs weren't really focusing on. It was unique, different and versatile enough.

Many (not all) of TS2's SPs had that kind of appeal - subtle substitutes where the game lacked overall: Parties & Gatherings, Home Renovations, Social Groups/Cliques, High End luxury (when the game lacked it), shopping centers - it felt appropriate, but many could be skipped. It's hard to ignore that it added a goof flavor.

TS3 had that going for it for the first 3 packs. Right after that, it all went down hill. Master Suite? Movie Stuff? 70's, 80's, 90's? Sweet Treats? I appreciate the efforts, but much of their effort on those packs didn't really enhance the game. It's just had the occasion nice object.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th May 2015 at 12:36 AM
Matrix summed it up pretty well. The stuff packs in the sims 2 augmented the game really well. In the sims 3, it was just a collection of junk. With the store, I never understood why they continued stuff packs.

I'm going to wait and see what EA has to offer in this pack before I rush to judgement on the name alone. I was pleasantly surprised with the effort and quality of outdoor retreat. Who knows.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th May 2015 at 12:44 AM
Well, if they really are bringing more partying to the table, I hope the sims learn some new dance moves.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Well, if they really are bringing more partying to the table, I hope the sims learn some new dance moves.

Nah. Awkward dancing is well enough.

It's a better alternative than break dancing to classical music.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:31 AM
Nononononono. Awkward dancing is not well enough in this case. They danced fine in TS2 and TS3 but in TS4 the dance animations are so bad that I don't take my sims to the club anymore.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:36 AM
I was joking. The team has never really found a good style of generic dancing, with the exception of the rocking side to side thing Sims did in TS3 when dancing together.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:47 AM
Don't joke like that. My poor heart skipped a beat.

Instructor
#23 Old 6th May 2015 at 3:33 AM
I liked the slow dancing in Sims 2 :lovestruc

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th May 2015 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eman72
I liked the slow dancing in Sims 2 :lovestruc

I miss the hell out of that in TS3, I mean the head on the shoulder thing is so sweet.
Scholar
#25 Old 6th May 2015 at 10:25 AM Last edited by pirate_wolf_12 : 6th May 2015 at 12:28 PM.
Bullshit, why is it Luxury Party Life? I'm sick of rich people getting special treatment. Where is my Lower-Middle Class Sweet 16 Garage Party Stuff or Rural Simissippi Yee-haw! Barn Raising Stuff Pack or Council House Heroin Hootenanny Stuff Pack. This is garbage. I'm gonna send another threatening hate tweet to Gwyneth Paltrow, I'm so mad rn.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Page 1 of 141