Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#726 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
I wish they would give us(I mean release in some pack) portable stands(different models to fit style of stuff being sold*) so our sims could sell crafts(paintings, pottery, clothing, carpets, curtains, scarfs, jewel, food etc).
*A board to hang paintings/photos, stand to place food, vegetables, etc w/food related color/illustration options, stand to hang clothes, jewels, a carpet to place crafted furniture(after all our sim doesn't own the lot, can't place furniture everywhere), etc

Just carry your stand to a park, place there(like the cake stand for kids in TS3 Ambitions I think) and sell it in a park or a new lot "hippie fair" that would spawn npcs selling in stands.
  • New pottery wheel & skill + sims would need painting skills to decor the items they made...maybe your sim made a perfect vase but then he ruined it w/the worst paint job ever and its value decreases, etc.
  • New sewing machine & skill that would allow to do custom clothes & scarfs (to be unlocked on CAS if a sim buys it), curtains, carpets, kitchen towels, teddy bears and rag dolls(unlocks in build mode), etc.
  • New jewelry(bijou) station and skill(also available to kids for creativity and fun), items unlock in CAS if a sim buy them.
  • Flower station to make bouquets and new flowers to plant.
  • New wooden toys available at the (base game) woodworking table
(In TS2 there are no skill for these stuff, just talent badges, but it was because the number of skills was limited, the very same since base game)

There is already retail in GTW, but what if your sim can't afford buying and maintaining a retail lot? It also adds new gameplay to simmers that love to play a "rags to riches" challenge. (Your sim just own a empty lot, living in the streets, selling crafts, etc 'until someday he manages to own a big house and his own store, etc.)

I agree that they need to give us a self-employed "career", just an option to register as self-employed and when asked about it, it would say "Simmilian discovered Simminson is self-employed", I don't think a distinction about what the self-employed sim does or those rewards, milestones, cash bonuses (like it used to be in TS3 ambitions) really matter or are needed. At the most a new aspiration with milestones about selling items, money earned, leveling up at least one craft skill(all of them count to it), etc Reward trait: indie

As a plus a fortune teller(npc) in a table w/cards and crystal ball and a decor gypsy wagon, the table being also portable and usable by our own sims(to give readings and earn simoleons).

I think this would fit much better the bohemian style but would be too much for a Stuff Pack because of new skills, a gamepack maybe?

PS:Btw whatever happened to children muffins, cookies, etc in TS4? No kids' oven yet.

Love all of these! So basically a remake of Freetime/OFB/Ambitions but with a theme of flea market/farmers' market

Maybe The Sims 4: Bumbly Bazaar GP (10 internet points for you if you get this reference )
New lot assignment: Bazaar
NPC: Fortune teller (like the OR bears, but less annoying)
Main gameplay: self-employment, and if you have GT: market vendors

And btw the boho LSD color explosion palette will go great with this, not Movie Hangout.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#727 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
Yeah craft ables are good but I don't see them being added in stuff packs at least not as in depth as we'd like. Also some of those craft ables would need their own skill. Stuff I want to see them add are sport activites. I would like to see the basketball hoop and rockclimbing wall make returns but this time the basketball hoop should have the option to not only be a half-court but a full-court as well and allow us to play more then just 1 on 1 maybe 3 on 3.

I have nothing against craftables, some of them would be great in the future (something to do with those flowers !) but I don't see how they would fit in a SP either : any craftable item would be one less item in Build/Buy mode most likely, and people like to count the numbers of CAS/Build/Buy to gauge the value of the pack, so I'm not sure how that would work.

At the moment, they are other things I want more than craftables, I too would like to see more sports activites (so I can finally use children athletic wear), and new outdoor activites in general, especially ones that don't require an object (like children games/cops & robbers) but I don't see how that would fit in a SP (new gameplay object without object). More things for the bedroom would be great too (so many possibilities for gameplay objects : new toys for kids, bunk beds, etc).
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#728 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:36 AM
Actually, if they had thought about it soon enough, pretty much every object could have been a craftable. All EA would have had to do was add a couple of data fields to the object's xml for required materials. We don't even need intermediate states, one generic rough block could have been shared by all objects for intermediate stages of manufacture. Craftable to go straight into inventory or household inventory upon completion for player to place as required.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#729 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 11:58 AM
Just lock it behind a cheat wall like all of the other furniture that requires crafting, like the woodworking stuff. At the very least, an exclusive recolor can be made and the rest is in build/buy. Idk...

Also, I'm in favor of better beds.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Inventor
#730 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Just lock it behind a cheat wall like all of the other furniture that requires crafting, like the woodworking stuff. At the very least, an exclusive recolor can be made and the rest is in build/buy. Idk...

Also, I'm in favor of better beds.

I see where you're going because they did that with the carvings from the pumpkin carving table and they probably could do that with more craftable but I only see a few really fitting a SP. Like flower arraging, he base game already has flowers you can actually grow so why not expand upon that and give us flower arranging. Now a craftable I don't see working in a SP is sculpting. If they decide to make it as in depth or more so than it was in ts3 I expect it to be part of a GP or a EP.

And yes bunk beds and loft beds maybe even double loft beds, I mean I had one.

Also LGR

Check out my Simblr
Instructor
#731 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Actually, if they had thought about it soon enough, pretty much every object could have been a craftable. All EA would have had to do was add a couple of data fields to the object's xml for required materials. We don't even need intermediate states, one generic rough block could have been shared by all objects for intermediate stages of manufacture. Craftable to go straight into inventory or household inventory upon completion for player to place as required.

yeah but your forgetting something....EA aren't that smart

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#732 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 6:13 PM
New Stuff Pack announced: Romantic Garden Stuff

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#733 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 6:23 PM
This is definitely an upgrade from last month - very cute, and will probably get a lot of mileage in several people's games. The fountain appears to be wonderfully done, both aesthetically and mechanically, while the wishing well provides a nice boost to gameplay in its own right. I'm for all of this content. All of it. Every last bit of it. Even the ottoman.

The only things I'm not liking so much are the flowers. Oh god, the flowers.

Forum Resident
#734 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 6:45 PM
The game could definitely use more landscaping options, so I'm all for it. We could also do with more lots that can be spared for turning into parks *hint hint Maxis*

As much as I like this, I'm dreading everyone spamming plants on their lots until they resemble a hippie florist explosion. Ugh.
Theorist
#735 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 6:49 PM
Trailer

Icy Spicy
#736 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:25 PM
Inventor
#737 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 7:49 PM
I'm in desperate want of a game pack not a stuff pack

Well at least I'll be able to revamp the bluffs or the glades.

Check out my Simblr
Inventor
#738 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 8:04 PM

Same here.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Theorist
#739 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 8:14 PM

Speculation/Theory/Releases have it that the pattern is GP SP SP EP SP SP GP SP SP EP. And announcements are made 2 weeks following the previous announcement so we could hear about GP03 the week after next.

This SP might be hinting towards a romance/couple oriented GP (I guess think hot date), because with Spa Day, PP was released and goes hand in hand (hot tubs = relaxation = spas; even the build style was the same modern styling) with that. However, someone also pointed out that before OR came out, freeplay had a camping update, and freeplay just announced a romantic getaway update... Just throwing out some speculation.
Lab Assistant
#740 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 8:26 PM
The romantic theme isn't surprising, it's nearly Valentines Day after all. Because of that, I wonder if this theme can be taken as a hint for anything at all.
Mad Poster
#741 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 9:54 PM
This might be the third stuff pack in a row that I decide to skip. I wanna get it just because of the fountain and the wishing well but....something tells me I wouldn't even use them that often. IDK. I'm on the fence. Either way, it's cheap so I can take as long as I want to decide :P

Same. A new game pack would be nice right about now

The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
#742 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 10:38 PM
Twitter questions and answers about the pack.

Check out my Simblr
Smeg Head
#743 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Speculation/Theory/Releases have it that the pattern is GP SP SP EP SP SP GP SP SP EP. And announcements are made 2 weeks following the previous announcement so we could hear about GP03 the week after next.

This SP might be hinting towards a romance/couple oriented GP (I guess think hot date), because with Spa Day, PP was released and goes hand in hand (hot tubs = relaxation = spas; even the build style was the same modern styling) with that. However, someone also pointed out that before OR came out, freeplay had a camping update, and freeplay just announced a romantic getaway update... Just throwing out some speculation.

On that same note, they may be heading for a big element around gardening/produce/flowers and this is the pre-cursor. Remember not long ago they accidently made some of the flowers/veggies black and had to fix. November patch they did a little hush-hush rework on weeds. And the XMLs I've seen regarding plants, growth and produce have had quite a bit of reworking and code changing done to them. Nothing you'd notice in game - currently. So why? Can't all be for nought. (Even some of the pictures for Windenburg had flower stalls Hmmm?) It's as if they're gearing up for something big with all these gardening elements.
Theorist
#744 Old 3rd Feb 2016 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
On that same note, they may be heading for a big element around gardening/produce/flowers and this is the pre-cursor. Remember not long ago they accidently made some of the flowers/veggies black and had to fix. November patch they did a little hush-hush rework on weeds. And the XMLs I've seen regarding plants, growth and produce have had quite a bit of reworking and code changing done to them. Nothing you'd notice in game - currently. So why? Cant all be for nought. It's as if they're gearing up for something big with all these gardening elements.

Could definitely go either way... I could see a farming GP, but not sure I'd imagine it being so early, let alone being released as GP rather than an EP incorporated with Pets/releasing before Pets because then something worse than the gates of hell opening would occur (because those gates have been opened and closed on that forum on the daily nowadays).

Then again, maybe, we can point an eye back to a freetime GP, would be timely with GT clubs, then Movie Hangout Stuff, not so much the Romantic Gardens thing, but they could incorporate couple's bonding? And then expand on gardening, give us green houses, sprinklers, more plants and bushes, glass blowing, crafting table revamp, knitting, new playground equipment (in particular swings for the kiddos), etc... The question though, would we get a new world? Considering I wouldn't think a destination could work with a freetime theme...

And to go off on another tangent, this SP does come with a new venue, a Victorian inspired park, which I mean can go into any of the current worlds (not that there's really space aside from Newcrest), but maybe there is a new world coming and it will have some Victorian inspiration? I honestly don't know what this next GP is, but it's been cooking for a looooong time. Hopefully it's worth it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#745 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 1:37 AM
...so, we're going to just ignore those flowers?

The oxygen in the game has more polygons.

Lab Assistant
#746 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 12:33 PM
The names of these packs are so bad. I fail to see what's romantic about most of this pack but I guess they tried to "fancy" it up by saying that it's something else other than just a flower pack. But hey they tried very hard to stick to the theme and did better than last time. I think that deserves a smile face good job sticker.
Inventor
#747 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 8:52 PM
The romantic is probably (most likely) because of Valentine's Days and a little it because of the fact that gardens are looked at as romantic places.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#748 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 9:18 PM
I'm thrilled that it's not another boudoir set or woo-hoo contest weekend. Flowers and statues, with items for children, I can get behind.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#749 Old 4th Feb 2016 at 11:54 PM
At least it's not another unnecessary frivolous kitchen appliance.

I do like the idea better than Luxury Party stuff, but it's very much driving home the point that these stuff packs are more like TS3 store sets than the good ol stuff packs from TS2. Which is fine I guess, seriously it's only $10, and there's clothes and hair too.

Not sure where I was going with this. I really really loved TS2. Just, sometimes change makes me melancholic.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#750 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 4:50 AM
The thing I loved about TS2's packs is that they felt fitting - like something you'd love to put in with with the rest of the content. Especially as a builder.

They had a theme and stuck to that theme. To compare and contrast, Kitchen & Bath Stuff had complete content for 2 rooms, of two themes, whiles proving clothing that's actually appropriate for the pack - pajamas, lingerie, robes, aprons, and very light casual/leisure wear. There wasn't a lot of deco objects either - there's light clutter & deco, but most of it was content sims can physically use.

Cool Kitchen provided one kitchen, a (very cute) gameplay object, and was mostly composed of clothing, of which had nothing to do with Kitchens. Not only that, but a lot of the Build/Buy content was also deco. I could actually write a thesis about why cool kitchen genuinely fails from a thematic and design standpoint, but I digress.

Page 30 of 141