Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Smeg Head
#751 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 6:27 AM
That would explain all those little changes I reported in the plants XMLs a few posts back. The gardener was coming... The gardener has landed! Boy, has he/she got their work cut out for them. I'm going to push the little sim to exhaustion point for their heinously tardy absence.

But I still want those Windenburg flower maket stalls in a GP/EP.
Advertisement
Inventor
#752 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Speculation/Theory/Releases have it that the pattern is GP SP SP EP SP SP GP SP SP EP. And announcements are made 2 weeks following the previous announcement so we could hear about GP03 the week after next.

I think you're right about there being a pattern but I think instead of it being 2 SPs between every GP and EP I think it will be 2 SPs for every GP.

The reason I think that is because EA has release a bundle pack for every GP and even though the US/Canada bundles have only been 1 GP & 1 SP Europe's Bundles have been 1 GP & 2 SPs. It seems logical for them to plan every SP and GP released with the intentions of them being a part of bundles. We now are going to have 6 SP and many of us are expecting a GP to be next this would also lead to another bundle pack containing MH, RG and whatever the next GP will be.

This also makes me think that there will be around 2-3 GPS per year and 4-6 SPS per year with 2-3 months of random event, special patches or nothing at all.

Check out my Simblr
Theorist
#753 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
I think you're right about there being a pattern but I think instead of it being 2 SPs between every GP and EP I think it will be 2 SPs for every GP.

The reason I think that is because EA has release a bundle pack for every GP and even though the US/Canada bundles have only been 1 GP & 1 SP Europe's Bundles have been 1 GP & 2 SPs. It seems logical for them to plan every SP and GP released with the intentions of them being a part of bundles. We now are going to have 6 SP and many of us are expecting a GP to be next this would also lead to another bundle pack containing MH, RG and whatever the next GP will be.

This also makes me think that there will be around 2-3 GPS per year and 4-6 SPS per year with 2-3 months of random event, special patches or nothing at all.

I dunno how they'll do the bundles, but I still think it's gonna be 2 GPs, 2EPs, and 6 SPs per year (if not more SPs, but 6-8 spreads out nicely). And every year's end will alternate with a GP and EP. Last year being an EP, this year most likely being a GP. Plus the every 2 pattern makes nice aesthetic for this:

(credits to LeGardePourpre @ OF)

And if the GP comes out beginning of March that would make the year potentially looking like:
GP03: Mar 1
SP07: Mar 22
SP08: Apr 12
EP03: May 3
SP10: May 24
SP11: Jun 14
GP04: Jul 5
SP12: Jul 26
SP13: Aug 16
EP04: Sep 6
SP14: Sep 27
SP15: Oct 18
GP05: Nov 8
SP16: Nov 29
SP17: Dec 20
EP05: Jan 10th, 2017

Ok so if my math is correct, I followed the pattern of every 2 week announcements, with the release the week following. Which gave a pattern (starting from the release of RGS, Feb 9th) of: skip (week 1), announce (week 2), release (week 3). Giving us 10 SP's (jesus), 3 GP's and 2EP's. So Matt you were spot on with that lol. And this is without delays and strictly just going by the 2 week announcement pattern being carried throughout the year. This also doesn't account for patches, which would happen during the announcement weeks but sometimes patches (especially those coming before a GP or EP) could have their own dedicated weeks. And the year would end with a stuff pack, rather than a GP and EP, as I thought...
Field Researcher
#754 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 7:29 PM
Trailer

That SP looks kind of cute! I need that wishing well in my life! Will probably buy on Tuesday, assuming it's really cheap like the other SPs have been.
Inventor
#755 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 8:08 PM
I dunno how they'll do the bundles, but I still think it's gonna be 2 GPs, 2EPs, and 6 SPs per year (if not more SPs, but 6-8 spreads out nicely). And every year's end will alternate with a GP and EP. Last year being an EP, this year most likely being a GP. Plus the every 2 pattern makes nice aesthetic for this:

And if the GP comes out beginning of March that would make the year potentially looking like:

Ok so if my math is correct, I followed the pattern of every 2 week announcements, with the release the week following. Which gave a pattern (starting from the release of RGS, Feb 9th) of: skip (week 1), announce (week 2), release (week 3). Giving us 10 SP's (jesus), 3 GP's and 2EP's. So Matt you were spot on with that lol. And this is without delays and strictly just going by the 2 week announcement pattern being carried throughout the year. This also doesn't account for patches, which would happen during the announcement weeks but sometimes patches (especially those coming before a GP or EP) could have their own dedicated weeks. And the year would end with a stuff pack, rather than a GP and EP, as I thought...

Well, considering this pattern, they will release 8 Ep, 12 GP, 40 Sp until the end of TS4.
Inventor
#756 Old 5th Feb 2016 at 8:41 PM

That just looks like way to much. Also they have never released a pack less than 4 weeks apart. In fact with Luxury Party-Cool Kitchen they were releasing them 4 weeks apart but they took 7 weeks to release Spooky and then they took a period off to focus on Get Together but they still offered stuff via community event/patches during that period so that they could keep to their "New content every month". I personally think that when they get near the release of a EP we may expect a months of no content so they can focus on finalizing the EP.

As for the next EP release being in May you could be right since EA is holding EA Play this month and they could end up announcing it there but I feel like a more appropriate release date would be sometime after June just a month later and depending on whether or not they end up having to delay it we could see it coming out later.

Check out my Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#757 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:54 PM
Usually by now I can already download the Stuff Pack for tomorrow's release. I guess this SEA region office is all still celebrating Chinese New Year lol.
Forum Resident
#758 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 7:46 PM
I actually really like this pack. The theme is clear and the objects will be great for Gardens!

I mean only one new hair for males and females (forgot to check kids stuff) but the object side of it is nice.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Field Researcher
#759 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 8:36 PM
I really like the wishing-well!
Made a wish for something romantic :lovestruc with three different Sims - and got three different results!
Still so much to test...
Theorist
#760 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
I actually really like this pack. The theme is clear and the objects will be great for Gardens!

I mean only one new hair for males and females (forgot to check kids stuff) but the object side of it is nice.

Just as a stuff pack regarding gardens should be, right? :P
Mad Poster
#761 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 9:43 PM
Oh wait...I watched the video again. A ghost can wish himself back to life?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#762 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Oh wait...I watched the video again. A ghost can wish himself back to life?

Yes. But considering that each wish have about 6 outcomes, I wonder what else will happen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#763 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 10:44 PM
Just as a stuff pack regarding gardens should be, right? :P

Too much CAS, not enough garden. But honestly, beyond completing the architecture (one window ), I'm not exactly sure what they really could have added. Very strong build/buy content here. Maybe a bird bath?

I would have made those really tall hedges a fence, but that's just me.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Inventor
#764 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 11:59 PM Last edited by VentusMatt : 10th Feb 2016 at 1:49 AM.
32 Build/Buy items & 19 CAS items.

The fountain is very fun to mess around with I can see why there our over 50 outcomes. Each wish has multiple outcomes and they all range from Overly Positive to Overly Negative and even Death. 6 types of outcomes in total. The fountain can also be op in my opinion especially if you want to get your sims an instant romance, child, or even kill them off. Yep the fountain can kill your by turning them into a ghost, it even works on kids. Getting the outcomes can be hard but if you abuse the fountain or give it enough offerings you should be able to get the outcome you want. The animations are also nice to watch. Watching a child be born from a burst of glowing light or being formed from a pile of ooze.

Edit: Men get 5 tops. Is it me or have they been very generous with men this time around, maybe even too generous?

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#765 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 1:11 AM
Does anyone remember the demon child from the wishing well in TS3?

Inventor
#766 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:07 AM
As always LGR

Check out my Simblr
Field Researcher
#767 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:47 AM
For a garden pack there is not a lot of eh.. garden out there. 7 new bush/flower meshes. I had hoped for more.
Mad Poster
#768 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 10:35 AM
No chairs!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#769 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 10:54 AM
As much as I found "Movie Hangout" unnecesarry, I actually find this pack to be extremely well thought-out. I like the looks of it ( all of the objects are basically new types of decoration), and I like that we get two gameplay objects.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#770 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
No chairs!

That bench is definitely a chair.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#771 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:52 PM
Like when Fast Lane Stuff had 68 cars, a motor cycle, a scooter, and decor galore for a garage, but didn't have a new garage door.
Good times.

Forum Resident
#772 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:47 AM
Well, it's pretty clear that now the stuff packs are nothing but a few objects making up a single set. Like the kitchen stuff, which is more like a kitchen set. I believe that's the norm now...
Field Researcher
#773 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 9:40 PM
Well, I have to agree that theme-wise it is a good stuff pack, not a chaotic mess of themes mixed together. I hope, they stay on point for the next packs, too. This and Patio are the only stuff packs I'm somewhat interested in.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#774 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:25 PM
That's how it should be. Have a clear, but theme with a mix of appropriate items to complete the theme.

Also, Bed. TS4 needs more beds. Badly. I think every TS3 expansion pack had a bed. Beyond Outdoor Retreat and Get To Work, beds no longer exist in the series. All hail our overlord Ottoman, for all things comfort.

Theorist
#775 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
That's how it should be. Have a clear, but theme with a mix of appropriate items to complete the theme.

Also, Bed. TS4 needs more beds. Badly. I think every TS3 expansion pack had a bed. Beyond Outdoor Retreat and Get To Work, beds no longer exist in the series. All hail our overlord Ottoman, for all things comfort.

I think we might see a bed and bath stuff pack this summer... equipped with either a new vibrating bed (take woohoo to a whole new level) and a golden throne (shits out gold) orrrrrr laundry hamper, dryer, and washer; cuddle bed interactions would be in the patch.
Page 31 of 141