Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#2001 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:47 PM Last edited by Neo-Luna : 25th Jan 2018 at 9:58 PM.
As emino said, I don't really find it odd as my family also uses things like baking and vinegar when washing clothes. At lot of people around where I live (WV, USA) actually do. Vinegar is actually really good for getting out the smell of certain pet odors.

Also its nice to hear that they've added something to do with the flowers now.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2002 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neo-Luna
As emino said, I don't really find it odd as my family also uses things like baking and vinegar when washing clothes. At lot of people around where I live (WV, USA) actually do. Vinegar is actually really good for getting out the smell of certain pet odors.

Also its nice to hear that they've added something to do with the flowers now.

I use vinegar for the same thing!

I think it’s weird that food (like whole plates of food) can be added, but the flowers make total sense.
Forum Resident
#2003 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
I use vinegar for the same thing!

I think it’s weird that food (like whole plates of food) can be added, but the flowers make total sense.

Whoaaaa, so you're not adding items that make the clothes smell like things. You're literally dumping food into the washing machine...
I'm cackling

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#2004 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:48 PM
Can you add plants to the wash, instead of food?
Were there any added with this pack? New flowers and herbs would have made a bit more sense than plates of food.
Top Secret Researcher
#2005 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Whoaaaa, so you're not adding items that make the clothes smell like things. You're literally dumping food into the washing machine...
I'm cackling

Well its the Sims. Hyperbole and over-exaggeration has been in the core of the series. Like Death by Flies, or Meteor. And how kissing produce babies in TS1.
Scholar
#2006 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Can you add plants to the wash, instead of food?
Were there any added with this pack? New flowers and herbs would have made a bit more sense than plates of food.

No new flowers or herbs.

I don't know what herbs would do to the wash. I assume the same as flowers. And as for flowers, they all give all the same moodlet (if your Sim randomly gets it) for floral scented laundry regardless what flower it is. I like having a use for flowers (finally!), but having different types of fabric softener would have made a lot more sense. I'm sensing EA was too cheap to allot for the animation of adding softener, since Sims don't even have an animation for detergent.

As for pranks, I don't mind them, but the food in the laundry is kind of lame. I liked the pranks from Generations, because some of them were actually funny.
Forum Resident
#2007 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 5:23 AM Last edited by ticklish : 27th Jan 2018 at 5:24 AM. Reason: need different info
new stuff pack coming out maybe https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham updated his profile picture where he usually shows a Stuff Pack icon and it shows ... a cockroach? Dangerous Stuff? What do you think?
Instructor
#2008 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 6:44 AM
That's interesting, if it does indicate a new pack, I can't quite work out what it would be! Maybe gardening? Although, I'd guess they'd use a flower to represent that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2009 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:41 AM
Dirty Stuff?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#2010 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:02 AM
they have bug collecting already in granite falls. So Can't be that.
Scholar
#2011 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:22 AM
Are we sure it's a stuff pack? I could see it being some sort of post-apocalyptic game pack. Or maybe it's supposed to be a scarab of sorts and it's the adventure pack they teased.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#2012 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:24 AM
Stuff packs have the green color
Lab Assistant
#2013 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Are we sure it's a stuff pack? I could see it being some sort of post-apocalyptic game pack. Or maybe it's supposed to be a scarab of sorts and it's the adventure pack they teased.

It definitely looks like a scarab. I don't think there's any question, really, that the next game pack will be an adventure world, given all the teasers they've released. (Though it's a bit weird to mix in a scarab with what has otherwise looked more ancient South American.)
Forum Resident
#2014 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
new stuff pack coming out maybe https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham updated his profile picture where he usually shows a Stuff Pack icon and it shows ... a cockroach? Dangerous Stuff? What do you think?
A coackroach for Dangerous SP would be so weird. I mean I don't put it past them, but if a cockroach/bug is your advertisement for Dangerous SP then someone must have slept through marketing (Though maybe it does fit the always happy always nice TS4 theme.)

Quote: Originally posted by invisiblgirl
It definitely looks like a scarab. I don't think there's any question, really, that the next game pack will be an adventure world, given all the teasers they've released. (Though it's a bit weird to mix in a scarab with what has otherwise looked more ancient South American.)
That does not look like a scarab.Scarabs don't have such long antennas and they're not as long. That definitely looks more like a cockroach. If it's really supposed to be a scarab then they either messed it up or my whole life has been a lie.
Scholar
#2015 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar

Graham is Stuff Packs and he always changes his avatar to reflect what he's working on.

Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
That does not look like a scarab.Scarabs don't have such long antennas and they're not as long. That definitely looks more like a cockroach. If it's really supposed to be a scarab then they either messed it up or my whole life has been a lie.

Agreed. That's totally a cockroach. Now watch me be wrong months from now when the pack releases. For now though, my money is on it's a cockroach.

ETA: Sims Community agrees that it's a roach: 14th Stuff Pack for The Sims 4 is already in development!. So at some point yesterday it was a question mark and now we've got a roach.
Scholar
#2016 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:51 PM
Oh right, I forgot about the color thing. It's quite intriguing what they possibly could build around a cockroach though. Will be interesting to see.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#2017 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 4:59 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 27th Jan 2018 at 5:15 PM.
Probably nothing fancy. It could just be plain stuff pack that adds rusty-grungy-rotten furniture and what not to make some sims house very cheap and low class with teared down sofas, kitchen appliances with grime texture, and probably a new death: death by flies or other less close (and the least interesting) to that gameplay feature that involves bugs/cockroaches.

ETA: Graham is either trolling us with the image he stumble upon that resembles an icon of TS4 DLC or he could be, as somebody left a witty remark: "EA finally admitting they ARE adding more bugs into the game?"

Field Researcher
#2018 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 6:12 PM
Awww, for a second I got excited. I thought we were gonna get a new cockroach themed fur-suit.
dodgy builder
#2019 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
"EA finally admitting they ARE adding more bugs into the game?"

People do have a sense of humor

I had to google cockroach. I initially was quite excited, more farming! yes totally!

... but kakkerlakker is only dirty and horrible. Another reason for me to be excited though, nothing to use my money on, perfect! :lovestruc
Scholar
#2020 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Probably nothing fancy. It could just be plain stuff pack that adds rusty-grungy-rotten furniture and what not to make some sims house very cheap and low class with teared down sofas, kitchen appliances with grime texture, and probably a new death: death by flies or other less close (and the least interesting) to that gameplay feature that involves bugs/cockroaches.

ETA: Graham is either trolling us with the image he stumble upon that resembles an icon of TS4 DLC or he could be, as somebody left a witty remark: "EA finally admitting they ARE adding more bugs into the game?"

It's too early for April Fool's Day! That said, I can live without virtual cockroaches in my game!
Mad Poster
#2021 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:30 PM
Probably would have been done in the same manner cosmetic rodents were in City Disast-- err Living expansion pack.

TS4: *rats pass by* Sim: "*gasp* MICE! Ahh... gonna carry on my day. Seen them ; they aren't bothering me"
TS2: "cockroaches appear" Sim: "EWWWWW Cockroaches! *stomps arounds* Die you insects! DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!"
Field Researcher
#2022 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:48 PM
Wait and see, but the icon is really nasty. I do not like insects.
Scholar
#2023 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
Wait and see, but the icon is really nasty. I do not like insects.

Graham is trolling us. It's a different insect now or it was earlier today.
Forum Resident
#2024 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Graham is trolling us. It's a different insect now or it was earlier today.
It's a different icon, but still from the same company website.
Field Researcher
#2025 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:49 PM
Is it possible that a new patch or free little update is going to give us bugs in our houses when they are dirty like we had in sims1? I do remember that with moveobjects on you could catch them and then delete them and get money added to your household accounts. Otherwise in game the sim had to spray them with bug spray and them sweep them up.
Page 81 of 141