Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 10:32 PM
I'm no expert, but I don't see anything screwy in your config log. Though I wonder if you have a texture issue that might stop CC from showing up in Bodyshop/CAS...some people have had it, and it usually ends up being a NVidia card. Though naturally I could be way off base here, but here's the link - it can't hurt to try I suppose if you haven't already done all this: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446. It's really just another wild guess.

On the upside, your CC IS enabled, so that's not your issue. The UC can be a very picky beast I've noticed.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 11:46 PM
That's the lady at leefish that said she can help me out over at Cherry Blossom Sims..so I guess I will just wait till she comes back on to see what she can do..

Thank you WildIrishBanshee for your help
Field Researcher
#53 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 12:21 PM
It might take a bit of time, as she has health issues, but she is really good at what she does, so you are in good hands.
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 2:50 PM
Cool, thank you WildIrishBanshee..it's been hard sitting back and being patient lol..my nerves are on the brink of exploding lol..
Instructor
Original Poster
#55 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:32 PM
Ok, I went to Cinda's SimStyle because I had seen a post with some CC problems so I posted over there and Cinda had me do this,

Hilda try this workaround to fix your downloading problem:

First, deactivate your firewall/antivirus software temporarily.

Next, go to Desktop
Hold down the Windows Key and press R (This will open the Run dialogue)
Type cmd and press Enter (Open command prompt)

In the black command box (command prompt):

type ipconfig/flushdns and press enter
type ipcofig/registerdns and press enter
type ipconfig/release and press enter
type ipconfig/renew and press enter
type netsh winsock reset and press enter

Reboot your computer and open Origin and see if it works.

I still say you have conflicting CC and it's causing major problems. Be careful what you download; not all CC is harmless...

I did all that still nothing

Hi Cinda
Thank you for your help..and advice

I have done everything you said..and more..I took everything out of my Downloads folder..except the Elf Ears..then I did the steps and nothing..I added a another skintone and eyes to the list..and did it again and nothing..

I also right clicked on the Sims2 Ultimate Collection in Origin Client and they had a button for updates so I figured well maybe I need updates..so did that..still nothing..

Starting to shake and about ready to cry again ..so sick of this mess..I don't know what I did..

Thank you so much for trying to help..
Instructor
Original Poster
#56 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 2:25 AM
I haven't been sitting around..been working on this mess..not going to let it get me down

Now I have been over at Cinda's SimStyle and Cinda has been doing everything she can to help me fix this mess..here is the link so you all can read and see if there is anything she is missing..

CC Not Showing Up

I said I would keep you all informed on the progress..

Thank you all that have helped me and all the others that will help in the future
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:25 AM
I Have Figured It Out ..Talk about the biggest Brain Fart there ever was

Now I haven't fixed the problem but I know what it is..

What an idiot why I didn't think of it sooner..

It's not my CC or the game itself..it is that stupid Body Shop

How do I know this..well..I went and did a factory restore..download Origin, and the Ultimate Collection and went on a major Download Spree..for skins and eyes..and while I was at it I downloaded 2 Special Careers..

Now the reason I know its just my Body Shop is because the special careers showed up in the game..just like all my other mods, build and buy CC's..that I have had over and over again for several years..

Then I got to thinking sometimes that's a very bad idea but this time I know I am right..

If things don't show up in Body Shop then they won't show up in CAS..right..dada..

So that means it's my Body Shop..not working...how do we fix that..I know once that is fixed then all my CC's is going to show up..I just know it.. lol

EDITED:

Ok, maybe I don't have all of it figured out..yet..

Went outside to clear my brain thinking I did good..but got to thinking again

Then I realized..I use these alot..love the ears, eyes and sometime use the skintones Project Appleseed now in Body Shop the whole body will show up but never in CAS..just the eyes, ears and skintones..

Oh ya another thing I have been using for a short time I learned how to use the Stealth Hoods.. Clean and Empty Stealth Hood Templates Jawusa taught me how to do it with simple instructions with pictures lol and I just put those in and they are working..

I know it's not my Computer, CC, mods, or anything like that it's the Body Shop..not working..I know it is..
Field Researcher
#58 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 12:14 PM
I'm not sure if CAS and Bodyshop "talk" all that much - I've had things show up in one but not the other and visa versa. Silly question, but does your downloads folder have a capital D? If not it should. Otherwise I'm just about out of ideas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 4:51 PM Last edited by broomhilda61 : 24th Jul 2016 at 5:50 PM.
Yes I have it as is Downloads folder..

Now since I have the Ultimate Collection the icon for the Body Shop says "TS2 Body Shop Shortcut" is that what it's supposed to say..???

I don't know..I have almost all of these skin tones and eyes.. Enayla's Skins for the Skinless, Special Careers: Self-Employed & Happily Unemployed, Clean and Empty Stealth Hood Templates this time these are the only things I have in my Downloads folder..nothing else and everything is working but the Body Shop and CAS stuff..

Oh yes forgot I also have CEP..downloaded..

Nothing can be conflicting with one another..not this time..

Thank you WildIrishBanshee for your help
Field Researcher
#60 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 6:18 PM
If you sent it to desktop, yes, that's what it says. Your bodyshop should have come from the Fun With Pets collection, SP9 folder.
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:42 AM
Yes, it came from there..I went and looked through all of them just to make sure that was the only one and it was..

Someone suggested that I go play the game a bit since all I have been doing is just going in and looking and then coming back out again..so spent the afternoon doing that..and everything is working great..the few CC's and mods that I have all have been working great..Sims looks great Maxis stuff is good..no problems..until I go into CAS and Body Shop..then nothing..

I know it's the Body Shop messing up..I know it is..

Is there anything I can do in my computer to see what might be going on..I wouldn't even know what to look for or where..

Thank you all for your help.. :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 6:59 AM
I AM THE BIGGEST FOOL THERE EVER WAS..AND I AM SO SO SORRY

I have been misunderstanding everyone..

I HOLD MY HEAD DOWN IN SHAME

Ok, I have my CC back in Body Shop and CAS..

This is what I have done ever since I have been downloading CC..I make a folder called "Downloads Folder" not just "Downloads" so not sure why everything has changed but it has..

Cinda gave me a link to check out and all of a sudden it hit me like a bullet don't make a "Download folder" just add the CC the the "Downloads" folder omgosh.. here is the link..I tried this before and it didn't work but I was willing to try it again and that is when it hit me..before I even did anything..Tricks to get Custom Content Working

I AM SO SO SORRY for causing everyone so much problems..

I just want to sit here and bawl..I feel so bad

Thank you all for all your help..I owe all of you so much just for putting up with me for so long and wasting your time

But on the other hand maybe someone will see these posts if they are having the same problems and realize it's easy to fix and not a big deal..such a big relief..

JUST DON'T GO ON PANIC MODE and everything will be fine.

I am going to add the other 2 sites with this mess just in case someone has the same problem..OMGosh I hope not lol

CC not showing up~Cinda's SimStyle
Computer and Sims2 messed up~Cherry Blossom Sims

We need a smiley that has a sack over their head lol..I know I need one of those right about now..

Want to thank everyone on all 3 sites for all your help, patients with my rants and raves, and all your hard work helping me out..I love you guys :D
Field Researcher
#63 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:20 AM
Glad it's fixed! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:00 PM
Page 3 of 3