Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 9:01 AM Last edited by gazania : 26th Jul 2016 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Time to move on.
Default Pescado's Pre-Uni option problems. SOLVED as best as possible.
I'm not quite sure what to do with this ... if I should do anything at all.

Apparently ... at least in my case ... if you set the Sims as going to college using the Batbox, after you reinstall an EP, all bets may be off.

Good news ... I guess ... all Sims I set as having gone to Uni using the Pre-Uni feature have six want slots (well, except for two who have seven now, for some odd reason. I'm not as worried about that.) And they're firmly ensconced in their careers. If I recall, that's one of the biggest perks of going to college. So that part's fine. And they have that little icon with the graduate and the star in the corner. Nifty.

The problem is with the memories. Some of my Sims that I set using the Batbox do have college memories. But many don't now. Pleasantview seems much more affected than my custom hood (all but a few of those, custom and Maxis, were affected.), but my custom hood still has four Sims with this problem out of about 20 or so. The others are just fine. I don't see any rhyme or reason with these four ... no clear indication why they were affected and not the others.

If you look at the Info tab on the Batbox, sometimes the Graduate option is grayed-out. Other times, if you hit the tab (I hit it for two different Sims because I wanted to see if they are recorded as graduates, not because I wanted to do anything, and the Wikia seemed to indicate you'd just see the info), you'll actually get the graduated memory back (but not any Dean's list items). But not always. The option will gray out for some Sims, indicating the Sim has graduated, but you don't have the event listed in the Sims' memories.

This ONLY applies to Sims I set wtih the Batbox, by the way. Sims who graduate Uni the old-fashioned way are fine.

If the purpose of graduating is just to get the six slots and perhaps more variety in occupations, and the memory has little importance beyond that, I would think it's probably not a huge deal. I'm actually concerned that messing around in Sim PE may make things worse. The Hoodchecker, by the way, finds nothing wrong with this aspect. No wants seem to be affected. I must have run HC a half-dozen times already.

With all the crap I've had to deal with since reinstalling the EP, I've come to the conclusion that next time around, I'm just nuking all the hoods and starting over again, as I've always done in the past. This whole experience has been extraordinarily frustrating.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 12:14 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 26th Jul 2016 at 7:34 PM. Reason: Correct wrong info
It's always done that. Some will get the memory and others won't. I seem to remember reading somewhere that it had to do with whether they already had memories (if so, the new ones don't get added). Can't find that discussion now. Confirmed with some test sims. Sims that already had several memories didn't get the Uni ones added, while Sims with no memories got the full set (Grew Up Well, Graduated With Honors, Made Dean's List, Completed Freshman Year, Went To College, etc.) Annoyingly, these Uni memories appeared to be in reverse order, so this sim graduated with honors before completing each year backwards and then going to college. (Memories were in the right order - I was reading them backwards. You can see how often I check the sims' memory panels.)

If you've used the batbox to upgrade the sim for both Uni and FT, the graduation item on the menu under Info > LTA Milestones will be grayed out if there's a memory. If no memory, then it won't be grayed out (click on it to turn it gray, which gives your sim the LTA points for that achievement). All of the items on that menu work this way, so if you upgrade a sim for FT and for some reason they don't get "credited" for getting married, max enthusiasm or whatever, you can make sure they get their LTA points by clicking the corresponding item on that menu.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 3:21 PM Last edited by gazania : 26th Jul 2016 at 6:49 PM.
Thank you. Thank you so much.

I also admit that when changing over these adults initially, I didn't really check each and every one of their panels in the past. So really, Cassandra could have been that way all along. The only reason why I even paid attention was because of the want slot problem I encountered this time. Few of us, I think, examine all Sim memories all the time.

I was a little concerned when I pressed that Info menu item. It was a case of, "Oooh, what does this button do?" But it also doesn't work 100% of the time, I found out. However, even if it works 50% of the time, that wouldn't be bad. That too probably relates to what you wrote.

It sounds like I should just relax. Memories do botch up. It's the Maxis way. Maybe it's our way. I've noticed a couple of odd memories, actually, both on here and in Hoodchecker. Some memories are probably of not much concern, and/or Hoodchecker can actually fix. Some of the others will just keep coming back. Some are Maxis mistakes. I can be responsible only for my own mistakes ... not Maxis'!

I think my game mishaps since May 9th (the genuine nasty problems, not the more nit-picky ones that arent!) are really making me unnerved right now. What do we say to other players in this situations? Backups, Hoodchecker (look mainly for certain results ... don't be floored by the long list), play as long as your hood lasts, enjoy the game. Advice I should take!

Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:15 PM
It usually helps me to think of all the really bad problems that I don't have. My game starts normally. All my CC shows up. I'm not having really weird mod/CC conflicts making my game unplayable (well not right now at least).

That info menu on the batbox does have a lot of cool stuff in it. You can see and change the One True Hobby, see temperature info for that lot, you can set the temperature, even on a community lot (unfortunately only max heat, max cold and neutral - there is a possibility that several of your townies will turn blue with cold or red from overheating), show attractances (qualities of the selected sim that might affect another sim's turn ons/turn offs). If the sim has been on vacation, there will be an option to display tour info. This shows which tours the sim has taken, which I find really helpful.

I have a habit of poking at things to see what they do too. Fortunately for my sims, I have finally gotten it through my head that it's usually best done in testing town. (I have several testing towns that I should probably delete as corrupt, but I've stupidly let myself get attached to some of my experimental subjects )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:07 PM
Oh, freakin' boy.

I've read that other posters found memories to be an annoying problem, But looking in my Sims' memories, I finally know why.

I never realized how Maxis could mess up memories. The problem is far, far more prevalent in Maxis characters. My custom characters just have the grad problem, and it's just a few Sims. And in all fairness, those are hacked memories. But looking at Maxis character memories ... I can see why default replacement hoods were necessary. If I'm seeing these in the fixed version (and from my research, I don't think these are hood-killers ... just mildly annoying. I'm sure the unfixed versions were hood-killers, however), I can imagine how bad the original Pleasantview memories were, particularly before Pescado and BoilingOil made their fixes.

I think I should just step away from Sim PE unless I want to make a painting or something like that, stop obsessing over memories, make sure the basic, important ones are in there (make sure the couple is still married, make sure they still have kids, etc. ), and just stop thinking about it. Just have fun and play the hood until it explodes. Oh ... and maybe don't play Maxis hoods for a while if Pleasantview either bores me or goes wonky. Whichever comes first.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 8:07 PM
Gazania - the only time I look at memories is if I want to know how many times my romance Sim has woohoo'd - and that is not often because I don't have many of them
Meet Me In My Next Life
#7 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Simonut : 28th Jul 2016 at 1:51 AM.
@ gazania I use the Pescado bat box I love it and I use the "Upgrade Sims" option very often, here is what I have found out from using that "Upgrade" option.
If the Sims are a couple and already married and you upgrade them to show they have been to the University, it will NOT show with a married couple in the memory panel that they have attended, but they will get the extra wants and fears panel added. ( that good )

Now if you have an adult couple that is living together and "not" married then upgrade them both to have attended University, all the icons will show that they have attended It's in there memory panel, plus the Sims will get the extra fears and wants panel. Also the Sims will also talk about being at the university, beside they will also get the jobs offers for going to the university. ( all those I do have a mod that open the university job for all Sims.)
Now I never upgrade my Teens they have to really go to university. ( whenever I decide to finally play UNV. )

Note: I should add that NONE of Maxis already playable Adult Sims will not get the university memory, but they will get the extra panel for wants and fears.
So if you want any of your "adults" Sims that are Custom made ( In CAS or Body Shop or download Sims ) to have the upgrade do it before you marry them off, because if they get married it will not show they been to UNV, they will just get the extra panel of wants and fears.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 9:28 PM Last edited by gazania : 28th Jul 2016 at 12:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
@ gazania I use the Pescado bat box I love it and I use the "Upgrade Sims" option very often, here is what I have found out from using that "Upgrade" option.
If the Sims are a couple and already married and you upgrade them to show they have been to the University, it will NOT show with a married couple in the memory panel that they have attended, but they will get the extra wants and fears panel added. ( that good )

Now if you have an adult couple that is living together and "not" married then upgrade them both to have attended University, all the icons will show that they have attended It's in there memory panel, plus the Sims will get the extra fears and wants panel. Also the Sims will also talk about being at the university, beside they will also get the jobs offers for going to the university. ( all those I do have a mod that open the university job for all Sims.)
Now I never upgrade my Teens they have to really go to university. ( whenever I ever decide to finally play UNV. )

Note: I should add that NONE of Maxis already playable Adult Sims will not get the university memory, but they will get the extra panel for wants and fears.
So if you want any of your "adults" Sims that are Custom made to have the upgrade do it before you marry off, because if they get married it will not show they been to UNV, they will just get the extra panel of wants and fears.

Very useful info here. Thank both of you!

The other memories I mentioned may be only indirectly connected to Uni. For instance, when both Pleasant girls went to college, John Burb's panel shows only Angela's attendance. However, if I recall, Lilith isn't programmed to be very popular with anyone. I have no idea what the relationship between her and John Burb was before I played them. Maybe those memories don't show up if people are enemies. And to be honest, quite frankly, I do not believe I should care. At all. Cassandra's wants panel is back. That is what matters.

I also have two Sims with seven wants. One did go on vacation. The other never did. I believe that is fixable, though. If not, I don't think it should be an issue. No, I did not indicate to put in the extra want slot on the Batbox.

It seems it's the Batbox to the rescue for that as well. "Fix want slots"?

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=3711.0

Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 12:33 PM
The pattern appears to be that if the sim has memories of getting married, had kids, etc., then the Batbox avoids adding the Uni memories because they would end up being placed out of order (going to college after getting married, etc.), whereas if your sim only has the usual CAS memories (mystery sim, etc.) or memories where order doesn't matter (met sim, made best friend, kisses, etc.) it goes ahead and adds the Uni memories. I'm just guessing here based on my own observations.

@Justpetro - If you want to know how many times your sim has woohoo'd, how many best friends they have, etc., use this mod. It's much easier than trying to count all those memories yourself.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=270365