Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:36 PM
Default How would you choose the partner for your sim if he/she is VERY populare towards the opposite sex?
I have this situation in my newly set up hood, (still premodern but on a island instead. )
where I merged my 28 single unrelated founders (14 males, 14 females) into two empty lots which the bare minimum to let them form their relationships on their own for most part with ACR and using Scope room to see which sim each are attracted to. Their zodiac and aspiration is to big extent randomized. At one of the lots,7 guys and 6 girls, apparantly 4 of the guys were SO obsessed into SAME girl which made me a little confusing who they should pick. Because....
1) Its just emporary lot, I dont like playing single sims or multiple unrelated sims into a single lot so I want to let them figure out which sim they prefer the most and move them as couples into new homes, so no, "waiting" on them to developing do not work.
2) Im not into the whole Nightlife dating aspect of the game and I use a relative short lifespan mod I made myself from Simbolical, so they dont have time to do the whole dating different sims process.

Im not asking for a guides on how chemistry (already know the chemistry guides) works and I know who the girl is attracted to the most, but I dont like to base it off JUST on that.'(Most people dont have a fairytale love life), so I wondering:

If your sim has a half dozen of pontentional suitors, how would YOU pick which they would marry/get engaged to? (which is something sims cant do on their own except for fearing/wanting it to happen )

EXAMPLE:
In my case it was rather amusing that the girl (Tiffany) was just a popularity type, not romance, (the latter which seems to trigger the "Swoon" interaction). Her secondary aspiration were romance which Im pretty sure the game dont calcuate hen it comes to attraction score. Her zodiac sign were Libra and all of the sims had similare TO's, (males had makeup/underwear, women skill/underwear, both turn off for zombies.) All of the canditates had 2-3 boltz with her (90+ in final score when checking the Cyjon pizza box):
Simon (Rom-Fam, Taurus), Peter (Pop-Rom, Capricorn), Zavier (Plea-Kno, Libra) and Jake (Pop-Fort, Taurus). She did had most hots for Simon, but he is a romance dude, which with some thoughts, might not the best suitor in long time relationships. But I do have my romance sims marry as well even if they fear it. Funny though, due to the random choice of aspirations/Zodiac, most has contractive wants. They fear and want to get engaged with her.....so... .
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:44 PM
Hmm, in a situation like that I'd go for the one I liked the best with her, or the one she seems to gravitate towards if any. Normally I start with who has the most bolts, though I will ignore that if my sim shows a definite preference for another sim. Otherwise I just roll the die and go with any gut feelings.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:46 PM
I'd go for the one to offer the most drama.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:53 PM
I'd go based off wants. Whoever they roll the engagement/marriage want for first gets 'em! XD

One of my playable sims in my new hood found just about everyone attractive and had chemistry with a lot of sims. I let her go about. She kissed a couple sims and was very social. Eventually she started rolling wants about one sim in particular. I waited until she rolled her first marriage want to pick
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:56 PM
Take a look at their interests. Which one suits her interests the best. Then they will have always good relationship and no minuses when talking.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 9:59 PM
MAXON:
For me, that strangely would be the sims with highest chemistry. I randomly putted up the aspiration/zodiac combos without much thoughts except for deviding them evenly (2 of each for each gender, plus 2 of each for secondary aspiration so out of 28 sims, 8 of them has romance aspiration in either 1st or 2nd aspiration) because I didnt want to it be too perfect.

Romance Sims = BIG (drama) trouble makers. A couple where both are romance wants in either primary or secondary aspiration...? I feel alot of furious faceslaps would happen due to cheating if they commit their relationships and all of the 7 guys are best buddies with eachother, same thing with the girls.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 10:03 PM
I use an autonomous go steady mod so I would see if anyone of them asked another to go steady. This is often a matter of timing, you snooze you lose. If I had no time I would look and see who they have the best and longest conversations with or who they have most in common with.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 10:12 PM
Im a bit similare with that, joandsarah, although I tends to flag with simblender instead of proposing it, to label them as "taken"
(helps when using ACR jealousy/comittments, but not always. Sometimes they never get jealous no matter what I do.).

I do have Inteen flavor that enabled steady for adults, but I tends to go with the "short cut". Each time I try instruct them to do romantic stuff myself, they keep rejecting eachother.. Guess thats what I get from cheating with their relationships in the past. But with this hood I was trying to do it a bit differently, so I suppose they have to throw aspiration failure at me now...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
MAXON:
For me, that strangely would be the sims with highest chemistry. I randomly putted up the aspiration/zodiac combos without much thoughts except for deviding them evenly (2 of each for each gender, plus 2 of each for secondary aspiration so out of 28 sims, 8 of them has romance aspiration in either 1st or 2nd aspiration) because I didnt want to it be too perfect.

Oh - it wouldn't be for me. I almost completely ignore chemistry - only on a very few occasions has that influenced what I did. I'm interested in stories, so for me the most dramatic potential situation is the most attractive.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:06 PM
I'd simply pick the one with the most money At least she can have a comfy bed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 28th Jul 2016 at 11:21 PM.
Ive been test played the founder sims a while now (pulled out older backups, didnt save etc) and its rather amusing how different the scenarios get. I forgot to move in Simon into the same household as Tiffany (the two with highest chemistry), but because he wasnt there from the start, She is kept herself busy with Zavier and Peter instead. I do use romancmod so I guesss that affect the rejection some. While, Jake moved into the other lot to even out the gender difference so now there are 6/6 of each gender instead of an extra guy.

So yes, it definitly seems to be more about timing as joandsarah said. Two other sweethearts in the testing reject eachother now because the guy advanced too quickly. Hilarious! Simon is the only sim with romance as primary aspiration in this lot, so I guess thats why every non-knowledge/family swoon for him and probably get his girl last, BWHAHA.

Justpetro: Well thats might be a difficult if they live on the same lot.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:25 PM
That happened with one couple I have. He advanced too quickly and she rejected his go steady at uni. So they graduate and each pair up with someone else, but then the girl decides she really preferred the first guy - only now she is married and so is he (it was his wedding!) Gah. At least with romance mod there was no slapping.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:29 PM
The same as any other sim, the one that they have the most affection for.

If they roll wants about a certain sim more and if they tend to want to romantically interact with them more autonomously (with ACR in the game) they're more likely to be chosen. Then of the ones they interact and roll wants about more I choose my favourite unless one really, really is favoured by the sim big a humongous amount, then that sim is chosen. If they autonomously choose to go steady (with Inteen) they're likely to be their partner as the sim chose them. I do tend to cancel out the lower bolts (unless they're really persistent), but autonomously they're less likely to be chosen anyway.

In the case of a sim choosing a lower bolt by going steady with them but there being higher bolters still around, they tend to have affairs with the higher bolters if they're rolling wants about them and autonomously trying to do that anyways - if not, they're settled and happy. Otherwise they usually break up and the cycle happens again between the affairs (if there is more than one) and they usually tend to start settling down after that.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 11:36 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 28th Jul 2016 at 11:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That happened with one couple I have. He advanced too quickly and she rejected his go steady at uni. So they graduate and each pair up with someone else, but then the girl decides she really preferred the first guy - only now she is married and so is he (it was his wedding!) Gah. At least with romance mod there was no slapping.

Kind of a Dejavu (or karma?)
The sims who got their make out reject TWICE end up going together in the end.
Each sim on first lot found their spouse. Six Couple going steady, but three are not got getting engaged until later. They seems just want to date eachother based on their want. (I trying go a bit by wants/fears but NOT too crazy). The romance dude seems to be Bi.polar due to his aspirations. His secondary aspiration is family, so he fear and want to get engaged to the girl. Just eight more to "watch". It went fairly fast with ACR doing the job for me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eduseo
The same as any other sim, the one that they have the most affection for.

If they roll wants about a certain sim more and if they tend to want to romantically interact with them more autonomously

Some sims have split loyalties. I've had sims with wants for 3 sims and 3 bolts for each.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#16 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 12:15 AM
If I were in this situation, I'd probably be trying to pair off all the sims. So I'd pair Tiffany with the guy least likely to be compatible with any of the other single sims. Like, for instance, if one of the guys has three bolts for Tiffany and low chemistry with everyone else. Also, if you have ACR then Tiffany should have a "One" who she has the most feelings for. It might be easy just to go with that person, since Tiffany is the one who gets to decide, after all!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Some sims have split loyalties. I've had sims with wants for 3 sims and 3 bolts for each.

Gotta agree. That's completely true. I've had it happen once too and he was a plain old family sim with three 3 bolters around him, rolled wants with for all of them, but he still autonomously ran off to make out with the woman he married more of the three, so maybe I've been lucky.

If they're reeeeeally struggling, that would be when I pick my favourite of the sims - the sim is clearly a hopeless case and needs guidance. XD

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Scholar
#18 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 1:18 AM
I almost always pair up the highest bolts with each other.

hey @joandsarah77 which file do you use? I have always wanted go steady for adults...

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 2:39 AM
The one from here @DezzyBoo http://modthesims.info/d/169477

I rarely pair the highest bolts. If they have 3-5 sims with whom they have 3 bolts they all have maximum boltage anyways, but all that ensures is they will do nothing interesting apart from flirt and kiss non stop with each other. Hello, food? Shower? No? Must jump into arms! Okay then... Some of my cutest couples only have 1 bolt, so sometimes I think the boltage lies.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#20 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 3:43 AM Last edited by PenelopeT : 29th Jul 2016 at 10:20 PM.
If I were a player short on time (sim lifespan wise) and couldn't wait it out, I would roll a die per male sim to narrow things down to two candidates (the two lowest scoring males would no longer be considered eligible suitors). Then, build a small room on the temporary lot and direct the girl and the two remaining guys to enter the room, then lock the door behind them. They would get 1 sim hour with full autonomy (no player interference) to mingle. After time was up, whichever guy she gravitated to the most would become her partner.

With any luck, she would choose the guy that is the most incompatible...this would ensure some drama and minimize a boring pairing.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#21 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:16 AM
Yes, I know jo, but which file? Regular or plus marriage?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:29 AM
Marriage? I recall something about that in the file. I removed that. I use autonomy NL and later, forth file.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#23 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:33 AM
Ok, thanks so much

Inventor
#24 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:28 AM
I look to the future. I empathise with good-looking sims, so I pair up the sims who are likely to have handsome children. Go ahead and disagree! It's my game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:41 AM
I wont disagree, I like nice looking sims. My trouble is I can never tell what the kids will look like. I have one super ugly toddler right now due to his parents face tweaking, I hope he outgrows it.

~Call me Jo~