Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:20 AM
Default SimPE for Dummies - Textures and Models
SimPE for Dummies - Textures and Models

It would seem that there are many people wanting to know how to make a simple object, so i made a guide to how i do this.

Extract the .rar open the file and open the index
This is a HTML book.

If you don’t have a rar extractor, for a free file unziper goto.
http://www.altools.net/
Awesome freeware Thanks to Sir Ignitus Blowtorch for telling me this.

I hope this guide help you all out.

I love to know how you go so post here.

:baloons:

You maybe a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Bill and Teds Bogus Journey
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SimPE For Dummies.rar (1.25 MB, 886 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:40 AM
I think this will work for me!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Slip

Smile so people will wonder what you're up to...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th May 2005 at 4:09 AM
Thanks. :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th May 2005 at 8:27 AM Last edited by xrax : 25th May 2005 at 2:11 PM.
I don't get something here...in the tutorial it says to right click on texture image, then go to "build DXT..."

I have the most recent version of Sim PE but that option is greyed out...do I need some sort of plug-in? I already have DDS Utilities...so I'm not sure why this option is greyed out.

Forget it, I figured out that I had to set the path in order for the option to show up...got it working. :bump:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2005 at 5:01 PM
after reformating today i had this and then it hit me.

Open Wizards of SimPE, and see Nvidia DDS Utilities
find them on your hard drive
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA DDS Utilities

and that will fix it.

I don't use Wizards of SimPE so i forgot about this.

Oh and remember to
fix integrity before the last save.
#6 Old 30th May 2005 at 6:16 PM
This tutorial was very helpful. I was able to create a custom model, skin it as I wanted, and get it into the game with a minimum effort.

Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Cheers,

Eliot
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 10:43 AM
Everything was fine until I got to the build DXT part. I got this error message that kept saying it couldn't read to end of data stream. Then when everything was done, my image was invisible (it was visible before I did the DXT part). I did fix integrity and that didn't help it. Any idea of what I did wrong? I feel like a knucklehead to get all this way and then mess it up. :smash:
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jun 2005 at 11:21 AM
If it's any help, I had that once and it turned out that I wasn't using the correct pixel sze - check your texture isn't something odd like 258 by 256 or something - recheck the size of the original texture it's supposed to replace.
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 7:23 AM
Thanks for everything. I finally got an object into the game AND it works correctly. It's nothing I'd ever want to share with others, but at least I got it to work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 8:29 AM
shellyshell

Good to see you made one.

Love to see pics of peoples work.
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 11:49 PM
Default dummies
I would like to create dummies for my toddler and baby sims but don't know how, can you help please? I just downloaded SimPE
Part-time Hermit
#12 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 4:48 AM
dorcam233, accessories creation is discussed in the Bodyshop Meshing forum.
Part-time Hermit
#13 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 7:58 PM
With anything that can open rar files, such as WinRAR.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 3:00 PM
Thank you Mickyss, for the effort you put into this tutorial and for sharing it with us. I will give it a try in the coming days. It's my first approach to SimPE and can't wait to get started.

Lin

~:: Check out my creations at Casa Sims and at Simnuts Creations ::~
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:01 AM
does anyone have he link to the mesh tool?!!?? i have been searching for that darn thing for months and cant find it