Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 8:46 PM
Default Transparent parts of skintone
Hi! I've known mod the sims since sims 2 or so,and this is my first time writing on forums,so please forgive me if i do something wrong .
I know the basics of recolouring in bodyshop, and I love to make my monster high dolls on the sims 2. I've done a few of them,making my own eyes,makeup,recolour of hairstyles and skintones.

I would like to know if it's possible to make a sim like Spectra.

(She has hands and feet transparent and the rest white)
(Pic isn't mine,just took it from google)

My problem with her is that I found a beautiful transparent skintone...but it does apply to aaall the sim.Including hair,clothes...
What I would like it's something like a map,that tells that only the hands and feet must be transparent,and the rest,white, acting like a normal skintone. Being able to show correctly clothes,hair and makeup.
I don't know if that's possible,that's why I'm asking.
I ask your forgiveness because I'm always busy and I won't be able to read your answers instantly,but I will try to do it as soon as I can. Thank you very much
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 10:11 PM
I'm not sure if that's possible to do with the skintone itself. If it's just the hands and feet you want to be transparent, it would be easiest to do it as an outfit. You'd make the hands and feet as a separate mesh group and change some of the settings in SimPE so that they could be transparent or semi-transparent (you'd have to adjust that with the texture). You'd also have to use a custom skintone if you want that white colour for her skin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 10:26 PM
Thank you!! That is a much better idea ^_^.
I'll have to play more with SimPE (i know veeeery little about it). Is it possible for the transparent effect to be gradient? Well,anyway,thank you,when I have some time I will try
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 7:23 PM
Yes, you can make the transparent part a gradient. You would do that by adjusting the alpha texture.