Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#426 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
"We feel that it'll give players the full experience of having unpredictable weather. We thought long and hard about this and the other gurus and I think that this was for the best. After all, it would be unrealistic for a desert area like Oasis Springs to have snow and we know that players only have fun when the game is as realistic as possible."

Somebody save this. I wanna know just how much of this BS excuse will actually be used when/if the seasons pack is announced.
That gave me a good desperate laugh It's exactly what I expect them to do. I won't be surprised if it happens
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#427 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
No controlable pets, so what's next? Unadjustable seasons/weather?

worse, eternal winter on oasis spring
Mad Poster
#428 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 3:11 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 11th Sep 2017 at 9:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DakMamba88
Let's say they come up with a cockamamie b.s excuse like that.......the answer would be to do it just as it was done in Sims 2 where you could choose the weather for the area. I agree that Oasis would look stupid with snow. They'll probably do something like make only winter and fall along with a weatherman career, and then sell the thunderstorms and lightning in a stuff pack!

Then in the interview ask, "Why wasn't a weather machine included in this generation? We used to have in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3".
Grant/Guru: "We felt like it was the right choice! You can't control weather in real life, can you? Boom "

Or remember when they said they didn't include functional subway/transportation in San Myshuno? It appears it was due to, quote would turn out to be "too confusing" for the simmers. Maybe that excuse/response we will get. ETA: Did some research and check my facts out again, and it turns out they never said that. It was an actual polish fansite that misinterpeted/lied about the interview with what Guru said, so for transporation there what other reasons Grant confirmed about skipping but not the reason of their worries of getting 'simmers confused'.
Mad Poster
#429 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 5:20 PM
It appears it was due to, quote would turn out to be "too confusing" for the simmers.

As I've said before, I really hope the Gurus are just the victim of EA's poor management. But it's gotten really hard to believe that.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#430 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 8:01 PM
Honestly, I think it's a combination of things. Poor management included. There are some problems that probably aren't the gurus fault. But the condescending attitude a lot of them have when explaining why these problems exist (especially when they try to pass off a problem as a feature) makes me lose all sympathy for them. It's almost fascinating how far up their own asses some of them are.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#431 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 8:21 PM
Or remember when they said they didn't include functional subway/transportation in San Myshuno?

Actually, just to come back on this, it's not like anyone uses Bridgeport's subway network either. Or the LLAMA thingy from Supernatural. They're cool ideas, but they slip through the cracks of the game's poor balancing in this regard. They should've made the cars drive at realistic speeds, and I believe they did pre-release, but then there'd be no benefit to buying a more expensive one. So maybe they should've sped the subways up, then. But then it'd basically be a teleporter. So maybe they should've done the taxis differently. Like in TS2 where they cost money and require a call up front. I'd have liked to see that in TS3.

Is there a mod for that? And if not, is there a mod to cap all road vehicles at speed 3, which I believe is the top speed of the Sloppy Jaloppy?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#432 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
It's almost fascinating how far up their own asses some of them are.

I didn't think there would be room up there considering how full of shit they all are.

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
So maybe they should've done the taxis differently. Like in TS2 where they cost money and require a call up front. I'd have liked to see that in TS3.

Is there a mod for that? And if not, is there a mod to cap all road vehicles at speed 3, which I believe is the top speed of the Sloppy Jaloppy?

So I've been meaning to ask this many times, but why do you post questions and comments about Sims 3 in the Sims 4 forum?
Mad Poster
#433 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 9:40 PM
The subway and the LLAMA work as they're intended to, but they're implemented improperly. The LLAMA, however, is more of a novelty, so it can be forgiven. The subway, not so much.

For those who don't know, a Sims would take a cab to the nearest subway, or walk if it's close, get it, get out somewhere else, then take a cab/walk to where they're going. Usually, just taking a can is faster. Since taxi is free, there's really not need for a subway.

Now, is this was TS2, there might have been some benefit to taking a subway on a specific lot - the main one being you don't have to pay as much for a cab. Since a subway likely would have come with downtown and walking wasn't introduced until Bon Boyage, subway would have been a great way to save money between lots of you couldn't afford a car.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#434 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
For those who don't know, a Sims would take a cab to the nearest subway, or walk if it's close, get it, get out somewhere else, then take a cab/walk to where they're going. Usually, just taking a can is faster. Since taxi is free, there's really not need for a subway.

it was worse 'cause at one point I downloaded a taxi-charge mod, and to get somewhere using the subway usually ended up forcing my sim to take 2-4 cabs. it was getting to the point where it would cost up to $200 just to go somewhere when they would auto-route if there was more than one sim involved.
Lab Assistant
#435 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 9:53 PM
Taking a taxi in TS2 doesn't cost money. It just takes slightly longer to call it and wait for it to arrive than it would to use your sims own car/walk there.

It does cost money in TS1 though.
Mad Poster
#436 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 10:01 PM
If cars were introduce in the game, than they should give a benefit by adding a simple con/drawback to walking on foot ~ would waste hours ; put time a few hours forward (because obviously, driving on car is faster). And of course, preferable having a ownable (and expensive - the more, the faster is the) car, as for calling for a taxi you'd have to wait for the transportation service to arrive. A subway could be serve for reaching exclusively unaccesible areas or other town/worlds, districtins or some sh!t.

Of course, I'm basing this over theory.... which in reality, I have 6% of happening, because.... ya know.
Mad Poster
#437 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
So I've been meaning to ask this many times, but why do you post questions and comments about Sims 3 in the Sims 4 forum?

Oh sorry, I don't play TS4. So I can't really comment on it gameplay wise, at least not on a first hand level for anything that happened in the last year or so.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#438 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
Taking a taxi in TS2 doesn't cost money. It just takes slightly longer to call it and wait for it to arrive than it would to use your sims own car/walk there.

It does cost money in TS1 though.

It should have in 2 & 3, but I'm assuming it's free because in 2 because there was no other way in the base game to travel. In 3, it was strange - there was no need to buy a car unless you had a Sim was was brave enough to run across town instead of calling a cab. You didn't even need to call for one, it just arrived.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#439 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 9:38 AM
I've always felt that was poorly thought out. Going out to town shouldn't be that easy.

insert signature here
Test Subject
#440 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:25 AM
where is the beginning?
Mad Poster
#441 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 11:16 AM
Where's the end?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#442 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 7:41 PM
Mid-point?
Test Subject
#443 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:54 AM
They should have included most of the shit they make as game packs/stuff packs/extentions in the base game when it was first created. If not then, at least update it with some of the stuff like laundry and pets. Makes more sense to me to do it that way. Also, what's up with the kitchen stuff pack only having like a few counter tops? REALLY? I paid $10 for that? The icecream maker is cool but... come on EA. PACK THE STUFF PACKS. GIVE ME MY $10 WORTH
Mad Poster
#444 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 8:56 AM
Back to pets.... uhhh... anybody looking forward to CAS?
Mad Poster
#445 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:38 AM
This reminds me of that one episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation where they encounter a black hole and can't measure it's size, beginning point, end point, speed or distance...despite the fact that it's right on the viewscreen in front of them. They can like, probe that shit and everything with their 3D, holo-probing hailing long-range field scan cameras.
Actually, TS4 is a bit like every episode ever where the Enterprise suddenly can't do jack shit if the story calls for it. In one episode, the Enterprise can blow up entire planets with a single torpedo, and in others they can't even get the fuckin' the final frontier WiFi to work. It's because the writers couldn't think of anything better. Kind of like that episode where there's a bunch of weirdass aliens demanding to hear Picard's voice, and the entire ship freaks out 'cause he's trapped in the holodeck. But if they just want to hear his voice, can't they just replicate it like in all those other episodes where they can flawlessly replicate entire humans like it's nothing?
Anyway, TS4 is...that.

insert signature here
Page 18 of 18