Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 8:27 PM
I can't get EIG to open EVER
I've tried Large Address, I've tried the EIG.bat, I've tried clearing cashes, I'm tried removing DCCashe, nothing works!
I'll open my world, and then hit the EIG, and say yes, and it'll go the loading screen for five seconds, then crash, saying the Sims 3 stopped working.
HELP
I need to populate my world!
(Do I need to use EIG to do that? Like with townies and Service NPCS?)
I'm totally lost.
I'll check that all my roads are connected, and I'm sure they are. Can having too many trees or something like that stop it from working? Or accidentally having a tree on a road? I think I've found them all, but I'm still at a loss.
Can you tell me what things could possibly be wrong?
PLEASE HELP
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:26 PM
At least you need a strong computer for it to work, a laptop usually isn't enough. What I do is to have a games folder with only the things I need for my world to work, clean it up properly and not use it for anything else unless I have to.
Instructor
#3 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 6:20 AM
Hrm. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure your CAW and Sims 3 are at the same patch level. I believe it is possible to run either independently at different patches, until you try to use EIG.

But then like Volvenom said, EIG is extremely resource intensive.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 2:16 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 12th Nov 2014 at 2:27 PM.
The only time I have ever had this happen to me was when a lot became corrupted. One thing you can do is to start deleting lots one by one starting with the last one you added then trying to launch EIG. (Keep a backup of your world before you do this so you can restore it back again if this doesn't work.)

Also, make sure there isn't anything weird going on, like lots/objects overlapping roads. Lots should not be touching roads at all.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
The only time I have ever had this happen to me was when a lot became corrupted. One thing you can do is to start deleting lots one by one starting with the last one you added then trying to launch EIG. (Keep a backup of your world before you do this so you can restore it back again if this doesn't work.)

Also, make sure there isn't anything weird going on, like lots/objects overlapping roads. Lots should not be touching roads at all.

I haven't had an issue with that in the past. Lining lots up with roads has always been fine. I have gotten EIG to open in the early stages of when I started first making worlds, but now, nothing. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled CAW, same with the Sims and all the expansions.
I have a LOT of large video files stored on my computer. Could that be taking up too much space for EIG to run?
And for Large Address, do I need to add CAW AND the Sims 3 and all my expansions to it as well?
Alchemist
#6 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lvu4evr57
And for Large Address, do I need to add CAW AND the Sims 3 and all my expansions to it as well?

It's not necessary anymore but I did it anyway; did it for CAW and every expansion + stuff pack that didn't have the "can handle 2 gigs" box ticked. Can't say it had any effect on normal gameplay because that has alwas been pretty smooth but at least it did stop my CAW from crashing constantly. I also did the LAA 4 gig patch, as well, except for CAW. For some reason CAW didn't seem to like that one.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 9:00 PM
lvu4evr57, is it *all* of your worlds that can't be opened in EIG or just the one world that you're working with?

If you can open all of your other worlds in EIG except the one that you're building now, then the problem may be due to a corrupted lot or something else you placed fairly recently.

If you don't have other worlds to test, try this: start a completely new world and place down a bunch of random lots, roads and trees. Don't go crazy elaborate with it--this is just going to be a test world. (You could just place one lot, then duplicate it a bunch of times.) Save the world, then click on EIG. If EIG runs with this test world, then I suspect that there's something about the one that you're working on that has a problem, which is why I suggested deleting your lots starting with the last one, then trying to relaunch EIG each time to see if you can nail the right one that's causing the problem. (Again, back up before you do this, so you can restore your world if this doesn't work.)

If EIG still crashes regardless, all I can think of is what Volvenom and cutsocks suggested, which is to make sure that everything is patched carefully and to run CAW in a fresh folder. Also, I have also heard of custom content and mods potentially causing problems, so maybe try running without any of those if you have them installed.