Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#451 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 10:35 PM
Thanks alot for replying to me. Umm, I did everything that you told me to do, but I still got the exact same error. Also, Im not actually sure which error file is the one that ErrorTrap makes, so I just decided to re upload you my edited files + all of the error files that I got after I started the game. Thanks alot for helping me so far again.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Electrician.zip (32.9 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#452 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 2:06 AM
I found the following issues:
- You defined a PracticeHandiness tone in your .Tones, but didn't add it in .Careers
- Some of your career names contained spaces, Advanced Journeyman should be AdvancedJourneyman.
- From Journeyman on, every level had one </args> node missing a /
- I removed the spaces in the metrics section.
- You left one more <Electrician6> at line 232.
- You misspelled electrician at line 257.

After you fix that:

Test Subject
#453 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 4:59 AM
Default First Time Career Creation Help
Hello,

I've looked through the earlier posts and have not seemed to find what I think might help me and I hope that those more experienced would be able to help me with this.

I tried to follow the tutorial to a t, but obviously I missed something as when I went to test the career no information showed up in the career description. I've attached the package file as well as images that illustrate what I was trying to say above.

Thanks to anyone who is able to reply.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Judiciary_Career.zip (52.7 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Package file for career.
Test Subject
#454 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 6:31 AM
Thanks alot for helping me once again!

I feel a bit embarrassed but, I'm almost done making the mod work, but i still have issues >_<. So far, I've done everything that you've told me to do.The only thing that i Have an issue with now is that, even though I completed the part of the tutorial that showed me how to change it so that my career would come up as "Electrician" as opposed to a blank career with multiple numbers behind it, it still comes up like that. When I try to make my sim join that career. (What i mean by that is that I already entered the Number that came after the career and then edited the STBL Strings Unhashed file in my package) I can see the hours and money for the first level of my career, but the actual description text and career title is blank. I attached pictures of my issues to my zip file (Sorry my internet's a bit weird over here where I am right now)

For the record, I'm not getting any Script Errors about this career, but I added my newer Script Error files just in case it really is still me. Also, thanks ALOT for helping me out this far. I really wasn't expecting this much assistance!

EDIT: I'm actually having the same issue as the person who posted above me. I didn't notice him/her posting before I did, sorry.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Electrician.zip (1.24 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#455 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShatteredAwe
Thanks alot for helping me once again!

I feel a bit embarrassed but, I'm almost done making the mod work, but i still have issues >_<. So far, I've done everything that you've told me to do.The only thing that i Have an issue with now is that, even though I completed the part of the tutorial that showed me how to change it so that my career would come up as "Electrician" as opposed to a blank career with multiple numbers behind it, it still comes up like that. When I try to make my sim join that career. (What i mean by that is that I already entered the Number that came after the career and then edited the STBL Strings Unhashed file in my package) I can see the hours and money for the first level of my career, but the actual description text and career title is blank. I attached pictures of my issues to my zip file (Sorry my internet's a bit weird over here where I am right now)

For the record, I'm not getting any Script Errors about this career, but I added my newer Script Error files just in case it really is still me. Also, thanks ALOT for helping me out this far. I really wasn't expecting this much assistance!

EDIT: I'm actually having the same issue as the person who posted above me. I didn't notice him/her posting before I did, sorry.

No need to be embarrassed, we've all been there
Did you both follow ThomasRiordan's post on Page 1 about the String files? That should solve the error you're both having. Creon never did update the tutorial to include this and it's such a common problem. Once you do that, you should be good to go!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#456 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
No need to be embarrassed, we've all been there
Did you both follow ThomasRiordan's post on Page 1 about the String files? That should solve the error you're both having. Creon never did update the tutorial to include this and it's such a common problem. Once you do that, you should be good to go!

I just tried ThomasRiordan's method for the String files and now my career no longer shows up in game. :/
Scholar
#457 Old 28th Apr 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoshK25
I just tried ThomasRiordan's method for the String files and now my career no longer shows up in game. :/

Hmm, I'll have a good look in the morning for you

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Test Subject
#458 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 12:59 AM Last edited by ShatteredAwe : 29th Apr 2015 at 1:10 AM.
Awesome guys! I have my mod in game now, and it's working as I intended. Thanks alot for the help!

...The last thing I have an issue with now is the fact that neither of my images are showing up, as in the images that I set for the career. I used ThomasRiodan's guide for making sure that my text showed up in game, but unfortunately none of my images are showing up. If I could just ask for you guys help one last time? Thanks alot!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that both the "Working Hard" and "Take it Easy" tones are also not visible either. I've checked myself but I don't see why this is happening...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Electrician2.zip (25.6 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#459 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 9:41 AM
@JoshK25: Your problem might be that your UnhashedKeys and English strings still say BLANK. The other problem was that for some reason, the line JoinCareer[InsertNumbers] didn't match up in the English strings. I've uploaded the fixed file for you. The career now shows in the game.
@ShatteredAwe: It's easy to fix. The name needs to match up. In the code, it reads ElectricianTools but the name of the file itself in the package is ElectricanTools. Missed the 'I' out. And you haven't included your Work Hard and Take It Easy Tones in your STBL file (since the UnhashedKeys STBL isn't in the file, I can't see. But I'll assume they weren't included there, either). Just copy the same format as your "Meet Fellow Electricians" code and your should be good to go
Attached files:
File Type: zip  FIXEDJudiciary_Career.zip (51.5 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content

Test Subject
#460 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 5:20 PM
Ok guys. I did what you told me to do and now my Career is working perfectly! Thanks for helping me :D!
Scholar
#461 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShatteredAwe
Ok guys. I did what you told me to do and now my Career is working perfectly! Thanks for helping me :D!

You're very welcome and congratulations!

Test Subject
#462 Old 7th May 2015 at 1:03 AM
Has anyone ever tried adding more than one branch split to a career? Can <Text_BranchOffer> be numbered just like <Text_BranchName> ?
Scholar
#463 Old 7th May 2015 at 7:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dudeyochill
Has anyone ever tried adding more than one branch split to a career? Can <Text_BranchOffer> be numbered just like <Text_BranchName> ?

I've been curious about this too, just never tried it.

Test Subject
#464 Old 7th May 2015 at 10:28 AM
Alright, finally some progress. I think.

I've figured out how to trigger a dialog box after every promotion, in which the player gets to choose a branch. It's probably most convenient to just show you the code. However, <Text_BranchOfferNUMBER> doesn't seem to be valid, and none of the boxes show any strings.

It's basically working, because when finishing Job2B for example, checking okay will transfer to Job3C, while canceling transfers to Job3D. But I can't figure out how to code in multiple unique branch offer screens. Could you please take a look?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BranchTest.package.zip (12.3 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#465 Old 7th May 2015 at 10:46 AM
Alright, finally some progress. I think.

I've figured out how to trigger a dialog box after every promotion, in which the player gets to choose a branch. It's probably most convenient to just show you the code. However, <Text_BranchOfferNUMBER> doesn't seem to be valid, and none of the boxes show any strings.

It's basically working, because when finishing Job2B for example, checking okay will transfer to Job3C, while canceling transfers to Job3D. But I can't figure out how to code in multiple unique branch offer screens. Could you please take a look?

Hmm. Code looks good (well done for getting this much working! ). Have you got your UnhashedKeys file handy at all? I'd like to see what's there, if that's okay. Because I'm wondering if the Branch Offer is missing from that code.

Test Subject
#466 Old 7th May 2015 at 10:58 AM
Hmm. Code looks good (well done for getting this much working! ). Have you got your UnhashedKeys file handy at all? I'd like to see what's there, if that's okay. Because I'm wondering if the Branch Offer is missing from that code.

Thank you, this is the section concerning branches.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BranchTest UnhashedKeys.txt.zip (426 Bytes, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#467 Old 7th May 2015 at 11:17 AM
Thank you, this is the section concerning branches.

Hmm. That's quite annoying that the branch numbers don't seem valid. I wonder if you managed to word the Branch Offer right, if you could just end up having that generate each time there's a direction to choose?

Test Subject
#468 Old 7th May 2015 at 12:45 PM
Okay, I tried doing a <Text_BranchOffer>BranchTestBranchOffer#</Text_BranchOffer> in every career level with a split. Now the 'event 3' description shows up in every box, with BranchOne and BranchTwo always the options, even though they still transfer to the right careers. At least there's now a regular branch offer screen with two rectangular buttons, so maybe I'm just forgetting about something?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BranchTest.package 2.zip (12.3 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#469 Old 8th May 2015 at 11:45 AM
Okay, I tried doing a <Text_BranchOffer>BranchTestBranchOffer#</Text_BranchOffer> in every career level with a split. Now the 'event 3' description shows up in every box, with BranchOne and BranchTwo always the options, even though they still transfer to the right careers. At least there's now a regular branch offer screen with two rectangular buttons, so maybe I'm just forgetting about something?

Well, that's a good start It does seem like you can only have the one Offer box description, doesn't it? *hmm* So maybe if the wording was done right, that wouldn't matter? And name the branches something neutral?

Test Subject
#470 Old 25th May 2015 at 7:00 AM
Hey guys! I'm really hoping some of you still watch this thread haha. So I've been trying to get this thing to work. So far I'm stuck trying to get past the last part. No names, descriptions come up, or tones with the exception of Business as usual comes up. I did everything the tutorial said to do and quadruple checked everything (no spaces, no blanks, I replaced the first two numbers with Zeros for the English STBL, no misspellings) but I still can't manage to get this thing to work. I've been combing this thread for answers and am I correct in assuming that Creon's guide to the String resources does not work? I did see ThomasRiordan's method for the String files and before I committed to doing that I want to make sure. Because I'd really rather not throw away all of the time spent working on the two STBLs. If at all possible I'd like to salvage them. That's why I'm wondering if for the most part Ceron's way is unusable? Thanks all!!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Law_Career.package - Copy.zip (18.3 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#471 Old 25th May 2015 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jolojose
Hey guys! I'm really hoping some of you still watch this thread haha. So I've been trying to get this thing to work. So far I'm stuck trying to get past the last part. No names, descriptions come up, or tones with the exception of Business as usual comes up. I did everything the tutorial said to do and quadruple checked everything (no spaces, no blanks, I replaced the first two numbers with Zeros for the English STBL, no misspellings) but I still can't manage to get this thing to work. I've been combing this thread for answers and am I correct in assuming that Creon's guide to the String resources does not work? I did see ThomasRiordan's method for the String files and before I committed to doing that I want to make sure. Because I'd really rather not throw away all of the time spent working on the two STBLs. If at all possible I'd like to salvage them. That's why I'm wondering if for the most part Ceron's way is unusable? Thanks all!!

You are correct, Creon's way for the English strings doesn't work. The UnhashedKeys file is fine. But you'd need to re-do the English strings file. I'd been hoping the tutorial might have been updated ages ago to incorporate the changes, but I've written up one Here that does include ThomasRiordan's method of doing the strings, to avoid this kind of problem.

All you need to do is re-do your English Strings file following ThomasRiordan's method

Test Subject
#472 Old 26th May 2015 at 5:38 AM
You are correct, Creon's way for the English strings doesn't work. The UnhashedKeys file is fine. But you'd need to re-do the English strings file. I'd been hoping the tutorial might have been updated ages ago to incorporate the changes, but I've written up one Here that does include ThomasRiordan's method of doing the strings, to avoid this kind of problem.

All you need to do is re-do your English Strings file following ThomasRiordan's method

Thank you soo much!! Got it to work! You rock!
Scholar
#473 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jolojose
Thank you soo much!! Got it to work! You rock!

Congratulations!

Test Subject
#474 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 8:49 PM
Default Opportunities not working
The guide and this forum have been incredibly helpful in creating my custom knighthood career for my medieval town, however, I am stuck on the opportunities. No matter what I do I just can't seem to get them to trigger. I've tried using MasterController and forcing an opportunity, but none of them are listed, even when I make sure my sim meets the parameters of the opportunity.
My opportunities are Duel (career levels 2-4, requires athletic skill levels 2-4), Joust (career levels 5-7, requires riding skill levels 2-4), and Battle (career levels 8-10, requires athletic skill levels 3-5 and riding skill levels 3-5).

Currently, this is the ErrorTrap message I am getting, but I can't decipher what it wants me to do:
Found: Knighthood.Opportunities
Knighthood.Opportunities: Found List = 3
Knighthood.Opportunities: Found Names = 3
Knighthood.Opportunities: Found Req = 3
Knighthood.Opportunities: Found Setup = 3
Knighthood.Opportunities: Found Completion = 3
85399220862002.dll: No OpportunitiesSetup
Try: SkillBasedCareerBooter
Reference: NRaas.BootStrap
Listing: SkillBasedCareerFile
Field: SkillBasedCareers
TestDirect: False
SkillBasedCareerFile: Rows = 1
Row: 0

I'm really confused because that's not even the number for my .dll file.
I've included my mod. Does anyone have any ideas that could help me? I would love to get the opportunities to work so I can upload my mod to the site for others to use. Thanks so much.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Knighthood Career 3.rar (16.9 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Knighthood Career Version 3
Test Subject
#475 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 4:14 AM
Hi there! So I started making my custom career mod a few days ago, and I finally finished today...or so I thought. When I put my package into the game, it came up with an error message:
NRaas_Careers
Script Error
06078641277669.dll
Dancer.Career

I have attached the .rar file, if someone is willing to take a look at it and help me figure out what might be wrong. I've scoured every inch of my .career file, and can't figure it out, and at this point I'm losing my mind. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Dancer Career.rar (13.9 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Page 19 of 23