Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 4:12 AM Last edited by dewshine : 4th Dec 2006 at 4:23 AM.
*snorts* Sorry about the mis-spelling there. Yeah. Silver not Sliver. LOL

Thanks to those who still use this info. I fixed my list so that the Copy-Paste method works without producing errors now. I'm very glad that this helps people who want to make new stuff for the game.

Now as for this working with clothing: you can have either the reflective or the alpha for clothing. Most meshes will not take to this method which is why Resco had problems making his shiny catsuits.

For shiny other colors: the reflection is clear in that you can place a base color (which would be flat and non-shiny) of any tone any lay a shine over that. To get the actual reflection or shine to be say pink or blue you would have to use the method of adding your own texture to the package for the reflection. The way to do that is detailed above my method. It's far easier to just use the silver envcube included in the game with a brightly colored flat base.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 4:42 AM
Dewshine,
did you already noticed that you got involved in here? Thanks (again) for sharing this useful info - and if you have something else to add, your help will be appreciated by the whole team + related projects
Thanks again, also to the others in here!

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Forum Resident
#28 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 5:30 AM
nope, I had no idea... but hey how cool is that! Sweet stuff. Now I have to go read that entire thread.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Page 2 of 2