Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Texture+Unitool v1.9.3569 r131 (Updated 9th October 2009 - Now works on OS X and Linux!)

by CTU Team Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 11:31 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 4:07 PM by Nysha

790 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 729 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 32 of 32
Field Researcher
#776 Old 10th May 2017 at 2:05 PM
This gives me a "CASPartEditor has stopped working." error message. I'm running windows 7 if that makes a difference :/ I don't suppose there's another way to make custom CAS parts other than this program is there?

Playing since 2004.
“Marsh's Sim Shit” —Sims, challenges/legacies, stories, lots, and edits (updated March 2020)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#777 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 8:55 PM
I hope I am able to figure this out and put your hard work to good use.
Test Subject
#778 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shan-Chan
This gives me a "CASPartEditor has stopped working." error message. I'm running windows 7 if that makes a difference :/ I don't suppose there's another way to make custom CAS parts other than this program is there?

Well there is also TSR Workshop for making CAS items. However it's from The Sims Resource site & you'll have to go to TSR to get it. I suggest leaving your ad blocker on, no matter how much TSR wants you to look at their ads. TSRW is, as far as I can tell, the only download on TSR that doesn't try to make you watch ads or wait if you have ad block. Their "in-house" developed program is the only thing they let you download unhindered....funny that, yeah?

Anyway, the other downsides of TSRW are: it has to be installed rather than being self-contained, it runs slower than CTU, starting any new project involves clicking through several screens & subsequently waiting for the next screen to load, the import feature is as slow & clunky as starting a new project, and various operations bring up annoying dialogues asking if your project is for Sims 4 & they don't have any "no & don't ask me again" buttons to get rid of them forever.

Once you get your project opened into the workspace, TSRW runs just peachy, & is fairly straight forward. One plus for TSRW is that it has way more CAS categories available than CTU does, if you want to make something "outerwear" for example, CTU doesn't have that category. TSRW also has it's own file type ".wrk" for saving projects in progress & finished projects have to be "exported" rather than "saved".
TSRW exports as .sims3pack & has is a greyed out .package option. I don't know if .package exports were broken so they disable the option, or if it's a "premium" feature for TSR's "VIP" members only, or what, but Delphy's sims3pack extractor takes care of the sims3packs.

Don't think I'm saying this just to endorse TSRW, look at all the negative points I gave it vs a couple of positive features.
Personally I really prefer CTU by a mile, if it had all the clothing categories available, I probably wouldn't bother with TSRW at all.
But TSRW is a CC making tool & makes CAS items, if you can't get CTU to work, you can still try TSRW.
Lab Assistant
#779 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 3:12 AM
it needs to be updated

evyonne circle
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#780 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 3:28 PM
Not working anymore
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#781 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 12:44 AM
This Program crash when I try to open it, Anyone know why?
Test Subject
#782 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 8:20 AM
So the CTU with the 3D preview is no longer working, but the No3D version will still run! It's a little less convenient but all the main functionality is still there. So grateful for this!
Test Subject
#783 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 11:27 AM
I'm getting an "unhandled exception unable to read beyond stream" when trying to replace a mesh for an EP item. Any ideas why that is? I've never had this problem before.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32()
at MadScience.Wrappers.RcolHeader.loadFromStream(Stream input)
at MadScience.Wrappers.RcolHeader.Load(Stream input)
at MadScience.Wrappers.VPXYFile.loadFromStream(Stream input)
at MadScience.Wrappers.VPXYFile..ctor(Stream input)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.saveToDBPF(Database db, UInt64 instanceId, Boolean newInstance)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.saveAsToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8784 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CasTextureUnitool
Assembly Version: 1.9.3569.25056
Win32 Version: 1.9.3569.25056
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%203%20Texture%20Editor/CasTextureUnitool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8015 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8770 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8019 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MadScience.Wrappers
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%203%20Texture%20Editor/MadScience.Wrappers.DLL
PatternBrowser
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%203%20Texture%20Editor/PatternBrowser.DLL
MadScience.Helpers
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%203%20Texture%20Editor/MadScience.Helpers.DLL
MadScience.Render
Assembly Version: 1.0.3569.23232
Win32 Version: 1.0.3569.23232
CodeBase: file:///D:/Sims%203%20Texture%20Editor/MadScience.Render.EXE
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8773 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8007 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
t96ea_d4
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8770 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
Win32 Version: 9.05.132.0000
Test Subject
#784 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 1:30 PM
Any way to use this without having to reinstall Sims 3 to my computer? I want to extract textures and mesh from a sims 3 CC to try and convert it to sims 4. (well keyword being TRY).

However this application won't work at all unless it has sims 3 installed. Seems like a bit of an oversight...
Instructor
#785 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amarise
Any way to use this without having to reinstall Sims 3 to my computer? I want to extract textures and mesh from a sims 3 CC to try and convert it to sims 4. (well keyword being TRY).

However this application won't work at all unless it has sims 3 installed. Seems like a bit of an oversight...

This program is made for TS3, so yeah, it makes sense having TS3 installed IS a requirement to use it. If you want to convert things from TS3 to TS4, this isn't the program for you. I'm not a modder but I think this entire thread and comments section makes that pretty clear.

goderguy
Test Subject
#786 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 2:38 AM
So is CasTextureUnitool compatable with Windows 10? Ive downloaded everything the way this website instructs but when I click on the application nothing happens. Granted this websites modding tutorials are ancient and haven't been updated in YEARS. Is there an alternative that people are using nowadays to mod sims games? Havent found any helpful RECENT how to mod sims info out there on the internet.
Test Subject
#787 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caedus
So is CasTextureUnitool compatable with Windows 10? Ive downloaded everything the way this website instructs but when I click on the application nothing happens. Granted this websites modding tutorials are ancient and haven't been updated in YEARS. Is there an alternative that people are using nowadays to mod sims games? Havent found any helpful RECENT how to mod sims info out there on the internet.

"Sims3tutorialhub" over at tumblr has a masterlist of tutorials.
Lab Assistant
#788 Old 23rd Oct 2019 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Caedus
CTU uses some older versions of DirectX that don't come with Windows 10. I found the solution on this page: https://thebleedingwoodland.wordpre...nitool-for-ts3/

Download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft and run it and it will update DirectX 9c and earlier versions. I did, and CTU works now for me on Windows 10 64-bit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...aylang=en&id=35
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#789 Old 7th Jan 2020 at 4:33 AM
This is fantastic, thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#790 Old 14th Mar 2022 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cororon
CTU uses some older versions of DirectX that don't come with Windows 10. I found the solution on this page: https://thebleedingwoodland.wordpre...nitool-for-ts3/

Download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Microsoft and run it and it will update DirectX 9c and earlier versions. I did, and CTU works now for me on Windows 10 64-bit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dow...aylang=en&id=35

It works. Thank you very much!!
Test Subject
#791 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 3:20 PM
CTU works fine for me a lot of the time. My only problem is some package files I try to open return an error "key is not in the correct format".

Anyone know what this means or if the package files in question can be fixed? They work in game and don't seem to have any other issues
Page 32 of 32