Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 8:21 AM Last edited by billielith : 30th Aug 2017 at 8:59 AM.
Default Tywin Lannister hair?
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a hair mesh that would be similar to what a lot of old men have.

Unfortunately, the closest thing I could find is a recolor of the Maxis mesh with that weird little bump on top. The other semi-bald maxis meshes are even worse, with no thickness anywhere on the head at all.

Does anyone know of a hair mesh, flat on top, thick on the sides, short behind? The one I am currently using is way too high in the middle and has nothing near the ears. The shape is not right.

Screenshots

I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - M. C. Escher
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 12:18 PM
He's looking very good now. Sorry I can't help with the hair.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
He's looking very good now. Sorry I can't help with the hair.

Thank you maxon.
I'll keep this open in case someone would know of something that could help.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 8:41 PM
What about one of Fanseelamb's? Maybe this one could be recoloured?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What about one of Fanseelamb's? Maybe this one could be recoloured?

Thank you for chiming in!
The sides are still less thick than the top, but maybe with a proper retexture/recolor it could be possible to create an illusion of receding hairline or something. I will have to try! When I am at it, I'll post a picture in my Tywin thread in the creators feedback forum.

I am still open to other suggestions, if there is. There's not much for aging sims out there, lol.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:29 AM
So I made tests, and this style won't work. Too thin on the sides to really show it like Mr Dance has it, and the hairline on the front is already very high and doesn't allow to fake a receding hairline. Plus he has more hair on top than on the sides.

If anyone has other suggestions. Meanwhile I'll go hair hunting.

Instructor
#7 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:56 AM
This one, maybe? It's even called receding hairline! It has a weird bump too, but it's the only thing I found that has some more hair on the top, there are not many balding hairs for sims unfortunately
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
This one, maybe? It's even called receding hairline! It has a weird bump too, but it's the only thing I found that has some more hair on the top, there are not many balding hairs for sims unfortunately

Thanks! It's kind of you to try. I should check Oepu's stuff to see if there's something else.

The one you suggested was a nice try, unfortunately I don't think it can work because of the shape, you know? Mr. Dance combs all his hair towards the back, he doesnt divide them on one side. I am looking for something with more hair on the sides, less on top.

And indeed not many balding hairs out there! lol. I just went through Almighty Hat's entire hair dump list for the second time, hoping to spot something I might have missed. Didn't find much, lol. I'll go through XMSims, GoS and MTS all over again - did this all before posting this thread but eh, maybe I missed some gold nugget along the way.

I am starting to think it would be quicker to just learn to mesh hair, lol.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:57 AM
There are a few brushed back styles around, maybe if they were made receding and shorter it could work. I use one that could work if it were shorter, just can't think what it is called and my game isn't running.

Then there is good grooming by hat http://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/13903.html again not quite right though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:02 AM
Well, in all of Almighty Hat's dumps I did find a few brushed back styles, they all have too much hair for Tywin, but if I don't find any better, I might try to learn how to at least trim them a little. I tried meshing before, when I was at working on my Jack Nicholson sim. I tried tinkering with one of Aligeth's meshes, I failed so bad, lol.

Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:04 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 13th Sep 2017 at 3:16 AM.
Actually the two I thought of you have pictured above. Good grooming top left and the other one I could not name top right. It was the top right one that I thought would work best if the back was shortened.

If the mesh is alpha editable you could try blackening it out to make it shorter.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:44 AM
On the first one, it won't be easy to map Tywin's texture, as you can see each strand is very short, unlike his. The second one is a bit too long and thick at the bottom, it lacks the receding hairline, the sides seem to have gaps. The one I used before (Maxis bald) has the weird shape on top...

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:56 AM
One more
This one has a pretty, wonderful, perfect hairline on top, kinda like Tywin's, but it's a Peggy pay mesh and there's a ponytail...

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 8:55 AM
I thought the ponytail was the best shape too - that actually may be fairly easy to adjust the mesh since all you will do is cut off the bottom bit. With a modified texture that might work quite well.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#15 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 1:48 PM
I found this one. Could it work? Sorry I suck at tumblr stuff, could not find a link to the hair.
But here's a picture.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:01 PM
What about Nouk's? http://modthesims.info/d/306109

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:36 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 13th Sep 2017 at 3:18 PM.
Instructor
#18 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:53 PM
Lili and Rosie, I already suggested that hair (see my previous post), but OP said it probably won't work because of the shape.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:03 PM
Right! Sorry about that!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:32 AM
Hi again all, thanks for chiming and/or for sticking with me on this

I'll have to admit I agree with Maxon here :
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I thought the ponytail was the best shape too - that actually may be fairly easy to adjust the mesh since all you will do is cut off the bottom bit. With a modified texture that might work quite well.

A mix between Peggy's and the bald Maxis one could be spot on. Maxon talks about it like it's all easy and done but I never successfully meshed before! lol. When I tried for my Jack Nicholson sim (which has never been finished BECAUSE of the damn hair! lol), after several trials and mostly errors, his head ended up like a christmas tree that a cat played in.

Tutorials are built in such a way that you have to go through outfit-meshing before getting on hair-meshing, so I'll move on to Tywin's outfit for the moment and come back continue his hair after the outfit is fine.

You are all really cool, your help is greatly appreciated! We will get this lion in our games.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:39 AM

This is the outfit I'll make (I'll recolor something) and below is a link to the thread where I'll put the updates about it

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=597838
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 9:37 AM
Update

For the people following this thread and not the other, this is where I am at. I didn't work on his hair yet, but I updated the outfit.
I am still open to suggestions for a hair mesh other than the Peggy pay, if someone can find it, lol. The Maxis one which I used in the screenshots is an abomination, isnt it? Bald head so huge, lol. And if somone knows how to shorten a Sim's neck, that would help too. Tywin isn't a giraffe. :P

Screenshots

Mad Poster
#23 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 12:27 PM
That's cool. All you need is the belt and the pin now. What is that red thing in his hand?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 1:58 PM
He looks gorgeous, can´t wait til you finish him!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 11:38 PM
Charity : Thank you. Yes the belt and pin, I'll add them soon. The red thing is a part of the mesh I want to remove.

Rebellina : thank you!

Page 1 of 2