Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:56 AM Last edited by ThatBandomLife : 15th Feb 2018 at 1:56 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life
Default Sim resets everytime I try to leave apartment
I get a script error and my sim resets every time I try to leave my apartment. I've gotten my sim to leave his apartment before and I haven't installed any mods since then. There shouldn't be any mods that conflict with each other because I've checked with the Sims 3 Dashboard by Delphy. I've also did a complete reinstall, renamed the sims 3 folder so the game could create a new one, cleared the cache, created a whole new game, but I still continue to get this glitch.

This is a new save game I've created because I felt like starting fresh and I've barley gotten to play this save. I've recently installed more ram into my laptop. My other older save game seemed to work fine, but after about twenty minutes of gameplay started to lag very badly. I checked with process monitor to see if there was an operation being repeated that could be causing the lag, and sure enough there was. The operation is "regopenkey" with the path in "HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/DevicesClasses" with the result "Name Not Found" and detail "Desired Access: All Access".

I've already looked everywhere online for this particular operational error, but the only information I've found is when someone on a forum said it might be an audio problem. Which leads into my theory of which I somehow messed up the audio when I was "managing audio devices" to increase the bass to my music.

If anyone could suggest a solution I would be extremely grateful.

UPDATE: I was able to get my sim to leave his apartment to visit a bar by deleting all the room markers and replacing them, but when the bar closed I made him go to the park to spray paint the ground and he was reset again at around 6:15 am.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 3:53 PM
Can't say for sure yet, but it's possible that the recurring regopenkey error is a false flag. Hopefully others here can comment on that.

What is the nature of this script error that you are getting whenever your sim tries to leave the lot? If it is an NRaas ErrorTrap logged error, or is from another NRaas mod, perhaps you could upload the script log error(s) to us at NRaas and open up a support thread for help in interpreting it.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
(free Wikispaces account and NRaas wiki membership required to upload and post)

If the error is coming from some other source, what would that be and what does it say?

Should also add that Dashboard is not capable of finding and reporting on conflicts with script mods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Can't say for sure yet, but it's possible that the recurring regopenkey error is a false flag. Hopefully others here can comment on that.

What is the nature of this script error that you are getting whenever your sim tries to leave the lot? If it is an NRaas ErrorTrap logged error, or is from another NRaas mod, perhaps you could upload the script log error(s) to us at NRaas and open up a support thread for help in interpreting it.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
(free Wikispaces account and NRaas wiki membership required to upload and post)

If the error is coming from some other source, what would that be and what does it say?

Should also add that Dashboard is not capable of finding and reporting on conflicts with script mods.

I have tried to upload the log files to NRaas, but apparently Wikispaces is being closed, so I can't upload the log. I would also like to bring up that I was able to get my sim to leave his apartment to visit a bar by deleting all the room markers and replacing them, but when the bar closed I made him go to the park to spray paint the ground and he was reset again at around 6:15 am. I'm guessing he was reset due to the cleanup with the Overwatch mod.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:57 AM
It's our landlord, Wikispaces, that is going out of business, not NRaas, and our "lease" isn't up until September. You do, however, need to have a Wikispaces account and an NRaas membership to upload and post; for now, that's still business as usual. Overwatch does not cleanup actively being played sims who choose not to go home after the bar closes.

I'm going to suggest (again) that you turn to us at NRaas for support. There may be too many things just not going right here for this thread to really be on MTS.