Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 11:14 PM
Default problem with signage (wall art)
so, i made some signs for my redneck's lot and they look right up close, but go wrong from a distance. you can see what i mean in the attached photos. i am a total noob at this, can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 12:14 PM
It hink that objects in TS3 are designed with 3 different LODs (level of detail). Once you zoom out the camera, object will change it's LOD to lower one, so that the game performance don't suffer. You maybe have to edit all three LODs.

But this is just my thinking, I actually don't know what is the problem, just thinking...

BTW, I really like the look of your lot!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:46 PM Last edited by belleshirley : 24th Jun 2015 at 5:57 PM.
thanks, i will do a bit of studying up on lods and see if i can figure it out. i didn't make the mesh, though, i used an old one by awesims, and i saw that same mesh used by a few other folks, i guess i should put their work in my game first to see if it's the mesh or something i did...
and thanks for the compliment on the lot, it's for my redneck sims, d ray cornpone and his family.
update: i did use the original in the game and it does the same thing, so it's the mesh. i think i have to fix the lod on the mesh. thanks for pointing me in the right direction.