Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 12:55 AM
Default Resources cause crash
Since the latest update on TSM is there a new catch to mods? I haven't been able to find any answers.
I've put the Resources file in my Sims Medieval folder in my installed drive, however, with that file in it, my game will only play the intro, then once it comes to the loading scree, it crashes.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I also have the .dll file in the Game/bin folder.
I have xp as well. if that helps.
I've never seen any of my mods work.
Did I do something wrong?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 7:40 AM
Is your Resource.cfg file in your "The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin" folder? If not, it needs to be. If that doesn't fix it, try removing all mods first and make sure it runs without them. If so, probably have mods either conflicting with one another or possibly one altering something that's changed in the new patch. Resource.cfg should look like this:

Quote:
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 11:58 PM
That may be it, I was reading, I thought the resources file had to go directly into the TSM folder. not the bin folder. My game runs, fairly well without them, but I'm going to try it now this way.
Also, any knowledge on the disableclothingfilter cheat? will that work once the mods are enacted?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 12:14 AM
I put the resources file in my game/bin folder, however, there was already one in there, I replaced the one that was in there, Hope that doesnt screw anything up. Anyways, my resources file looks like this
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

But my mods still don't work.. =(
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 12:36 AM
I've always hated the way placing the correct files was explained.
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 1:11 AM
lol, know what you mean Darth : )~ Think its easier to just put the Resource.cfg, d3dx9_31.dll, and Mods\Packages directory into a single zip and leave it at "extract this to your sims folder". Instead of individual downloads for each file.

Ok Matty, you got your Resource.cfg in the right place, it's suppose to overwrite the original. your d3d DLL needs to be in the same folder. Make sure your mod folders are withen this directory also

Quote:
Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin/Resource.cfg
Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin/d3dx9_31.dll
Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims Medieval/Game/Bin/Mods/Packages << Mods go in here