Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 6:15 PM
Default Eternal Kingdom Addict. Anyone else? My thoughts after 1 month.
The thoughts of ambitions do not thrill me. The thought of rerolling a new kingdom disgust me. I get attached to my sims too easily to dump them and start over to ding a achievement.

I was halfway through new beginnings when I found out how the game worked with ambitions. I then investigated mods and cheats and decided to cheat code a quick conclusion to new beginnings so I could start my eternal kingdom. Now a month later I still am playing the same kingdom - my first kingdom (short the one I spent 2 says monkeying with trying to figure the game out).

Anyone else playing the game this way or am I missing the point of the game? So far during my leisure game time this month I have all the buildings and have most of my characters max level short the priests who are about 3/4 leveled and the bard I have yet to even play.

I annexed all the countries and still haven't done all the quests and haven't touched but the first two pirate quests. I am just now dabbling in treasures, market stall sales, and high end gear but not sure of the point to it.

High level gear so I can duel better? I win duels with quest attained gear so not sure why I should be motivated for this epic gear unless its simply for the looks.

I played around with market stall sales but not sure why it's worth the effort it takes? My merchant has many thousands from simply not playing him very often. I could go through the hassle of getting items, dragging them one at a time to the stall inventory, and sweet talking sims into buying them but he doesn't need money as he can't spend what he has - his home is already pimped out. I believe the sim income should have been severely nerfed so these activities would be actually important to ever attaining wealth and nice things.

I still enjoy having fresh quests but I assume those are going to dry up soon leaving me with a kingdom of millionaires doing daily tasks and twiddling their thumbs otherwise.
Advertisement
#2 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 6:17 PM
i kill my sims for fun. tbh the only thing that motivates me are the armors and swords :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyNewHere
i kill my sims for fun. tbh the only thing that motivates me are the armors and swords :P

I did have fun doing the spy quest to kill my Queen. I used debug functions to make my King's wife a true queen so I had two monarchs according to the game. I wanted to annex the Elf kingdom so she needed to die for him to remarry so I killed her off. The quest writers are really good at times with the stories.

As far as gear why are you motivated by it? Is there some unknown benefit in the game to having really good gear or is it simply because your sim looks awesome in it?
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:12 PM
Well, not sure about the in-game equipment. It doesn't look all that great IMHO. My knight with the bulwark armor looks like Sponge-Jane Square-Bra

I might be motivated like heck though if it turns out one make something more like this
http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/...-1228250056.jpg
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 7:14 PM
I've been playing the same kingdom from the beginning. I don't care about achievements either, I just want to play the Sims! I've got most hero's up to lv 10+, and dozens of offspring running around. I hardly do quests anymore, I'm more concerned with spawning the next generation (my hero's grandchildren!) Being a sims fan, this is what I like to do. The RPG elements are super-fun, but don't have the lasting power that simply playing with sims does.

"a kingdom of millionaires doing daily tasks and twiddling their thumbs otherwise." This, exactly! This happens with my Sims2 game also, but there's stuff to spend money on in that game. If we had the power to build and rearrange stuff more, that would be a place to spend some of that extra cash. It's a huge kingdom, I want some houses for my grown children! My bard shares her tiny bedroom with 3 teenage kids. It's ridiculous!

My favorite thing in sims games is always breeding them, so my forever kingdom is all about that. I've spent ages adjusting the height and faces of my hero's offspring to make them look like teens. They look great! But you can only take this so far, if you try to make them too short they look really weird, plus it's creepy to have romantic interactions available on a "kid". So teens all the way! It's awesome having my knight train her teenage kids at the training dummy. If only the game had given us real children, toddlers, teens and elders like a proper sims game!
As for the gear...yeah, it does seem kind of useless. I still want more options though. There aren't enough cool wizard staves. And wizards should be able to duel with their magic, just like knights, spys and monarchs. That would be freakin' awesome!

paysites suck.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 10:41 PM
I tend to play the Eternal Kingdom way more often, I have yet to complete the P&N ambition (it sucks so I probably wont ever do it) I have 4 Eternal Kingdom's I jump around in. Fun, Fun, FUN!
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 3:53 AM
There are other ambitions???

After Shimrod's Unlocker, I nearly forgot them. It's too frustrating to repeat quests. I want one glorious kingdom than many little horrible ones. It takes too long to do a kingdom well. Slave over NPCs, plan genealogy, meticulously detail furniture arrangements, pick the best quest path... Color pick.
Scholar
#8 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 9:12 AM
Well, I've done other ambitions for the unlocks, but with the trick of moving the existing kingdom to another ambition. It doesn't work for all ambitions, but sure saves the heck out of picking colours and decorating homes over and over again.

Actually, it occurs to me that decorating homes all over again wouldn't be THAT bad, if there were more layouts to decorate. Decorating the SAME smithy a dozen times is IMHO what gets really old.
#9 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zanarkin
I did have fun doing the spy quest to kill my Queen. I used debug functions to make my King's wife a true queen so I had two monarchs according to the game. I wanted to annex the Elf kingdom so she needed to die for him to remarry so I killed her off. The quest writers are really good at times with the stories.

As far as gear why are you motivated by it? Is there some unknown benefit in the game to having really good gear or is it simply because your sim looks awesome in it?

cause they are shiny @_@
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 2:16 PM
I play the way the game was intended (get the feeling I'm in the minority though) I love starting a new kingdom and new ambition, and any sim I got attached to from a previous one gets a role in the new kingdom, I also love getting the achievements, and I like that each kingdom is different from other ones.
I was like that with the TS1, 2 & 3 games as well though and always had loads of neighborhoods on the go. I'm the same in mmorpgs too, I always have loads of alts.
#11 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I play the way the game was intended (get the feeling I'm in the minority though) I love starting a new kingdom and new ambition, and any sim I got attached to from a previous one gets a role in the new kingdom, I also love getting the achievements, and I like that each kingdom is different from other ones.
I was like that with the TS1, 2 & 3 games as well though and always had loads of neighborhoods on the go. I'm the same in mmorpgs too, I always have loads of alts.

you're not. i like making separate kingdoms too. i just wish i could chose different layouts for them at the very least if not different buildings or characteristics as well... plz ea? :D
Scholar
#12 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 7:42 PM
Oh, Watcher... yes, please. I'd kill for a new map, after all these identical kingdoms.

Or at least I'd even buy a CAW tool for TSM.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 8:28 PM
The next expansion pack couldn't possibly have us continue to play this map. I just don't think EA would be that cruel. Either they will have 'upgrades' to make the existing buildings bigger/different, have choices in which building to place when placing a 'blacksmith', or at the very least have a choice of map each with their own style buildings.

I just cannot fathom them releasing a pack of more quests and ambitions and seriously thinking we would be pleased to do them on the same map we have played for the last 12 months (I assume the next pack would be on the year anniversary).
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 8:46 PM
Well, let's hope so.

Though I still hope they release a CAW, though, and preferrably a shell (building) editor. I mean, honestly, the EA maps are good and fine, but the best TS3 maps were player made. If nothing else because "best" is a subjective thing, and it's more likely that one map out of a hundred will be exactly what I'm looking for, than one out of one :p
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 8:56 PM
Am I the only one who's perfectly fine playing the old map? Even if they give us another one then it will be just two maps and everyone will be miserable again after a few months.

I'm more into questing and achievement unlocking myself, so I just hope we'll get more quests if there's another EP.

~~like a dirty dog
Scholar
#16 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by delonariel
Am I the only one who's perfectly fine playing the old map? Even if they give us another one then it will be just two maps and everyone will be miserable again after a few months.

I'm fine playing this map and nothing else too, but only because there's nothing else on offer. It certainly wouldn't stop me playing and it wouldn't stop me buying another EP but I'd still be overjoyed with new maps or buildings, or even new textures for buildings like the ones Shimrod has made. I love those alot.

Quote: Originally posted by delonariel
I'm more into questing and achievement unlocking myself, so I just hope we'll get more quests if there's another EP.

Agreed. And more ambitions, I was surprised to see just the one new ambition with this EP......(and horses lol Even if it's only the monarch, knight and perhaps the spy that get to use them, I want horses.)
#17 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 3:34 PM
ea is the devil himself -.- thought you learned that by now.