Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 12:47 AM
@CaliBrat just ask there for I don't know where it is.

Do you see how they are looking very close to the org. Pleasantview sims.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 12:53 AM
The lots references can cause corruption too, interesting.
The empty hoods don't really interest me. About the empty stealth templates, (hobbies and magic) there is a notable difference to the ones in MATY?
Also, the game needs the other stealths like the seasons one? I'm not sure about the bon voyage one, but overall they seem like a waste of space since I use empty ones anyway, thus the game generate them.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 7:26 AM
@BoySim Basically they're the same but the MATY templates have been cleaned using a less-safe method. It was the best method then when it was created but they still left some references behind and are not really clean. I used Mootlida's tutorial http://modthesims.info/t/468987 to remove the sims 100% and safely. Now the only problem are the lots, because people have discovered that lots do cause corruption as well. Unfortunately, Mootilda's tutorial doesn't remove the sim references inside the lot packages but it cleans the neighborhood.

I've found a way to remove the sim references inside the lots. Meaning, my templates are completely clean and safe. As for the other stealth templates...if you read my first post, you'll find out where you can download them. http://modthesims.info/d/520751

Pets, Weather and Exotic Destinations don't have any lots, that's why you can download them from here http://modthesims.info/d/520751
I've updated the Hobbies and Magic templates. So you can download them from this thread. You can still download the older versions but the newer ones will load the lots a bit faster.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#54 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@eliset you can use Mootilda's "Clean Installer" to scan the Lots folder inside your Neighborhoods folder. There you will see pictures of the lots. If you found your lot, you can go to "Name of Package" and there you'll see which number your lot has. Another alternative would be...enter your neighborhood and load that lot and save. Quit the game and sort the files inside the Lots by date. Then you can find it out which number your lot has.
Thank you! I'll go through some of the lots today.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 5:35 PM
You're welcome. I'm glad I could help you.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 2:03 AM
Thanks for the explanation, @Jawusa.
Your templates look good, though I'm not going to use apart from the magic and hobbies. I simply deleted them, the game doesn't need them. G002, P001 and V001 are just EAxis attempts to shove scum in our hoods.
About the ones in freetime and apartment life, i already downloaded. I'll report if I find any issue.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 5:38 AM
This may be a little off topic but I think it's related. I've been following your guidance on removing sims references in lots and I have a question. After I've cleaned a lot and go back into the game, the lot price is changed to $1600. When I go into the lot and save it, the price reverts to the normal price. Am I doing something wrong?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 9:00 AM
No, that's what the game does if you delete the Sim Information file. Deleting that file resets everything. The lot value as well... You did nothing wrong. You've just cleaned the sim references.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
#59 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
No, that's what the game does if you delete the Sim Information file. Deleting that file resets everything. The lot value as well... You did nothing wrong. You've just cleaned the sim references.
Thank you! I couldn't figure out what was happening. So far all the lots have some similar sims related data references except one - a very old community lot I downloaded years ago from TSR. That lot had sim DNA. Thank you again!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 8:29 PM
Okay, I think it's time to upload them officially now. Should I seperate them or should I upload them all at once?
Perhaps seperating them to Steaths, Primaries and Subhoods would work.

By the way, should I include non-default versions as well? So that they can be used with the original ones without any conflicts?

My Simblr
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:48 AM
Really glad I stumbled across this thread. I've been trying for several years to avoid game corruption using empty templates. Not only am I a fan of empty templates (I like to make my own townies, my own stories), but I had no idea sim references were in lots. No wonder I always had problems after entering lots, even after removing MATY's templates and using different ones, including yours. That my lots were corrupting my game was something that had crossed my mind from time to time, but since I built them myself and never played them before packaging I didn't know how that was possible. Following your instructions above, I cleaned all of my lots in the neighborhood I'm building for my granddaughter. Every single one of them had sim scores and some had unknown to unknown relationships--one of my older lots that I built years ago had over 500 of these. Wow. I am in your debt.

So, to you, thank you, thank you, thank you. And I wanted to add my voice to yours regarding Mootilda. I've done a lot of searching regarding game corruption and she was everywhere, helping. Her tutorials, her comments to others were so helpful to me, I never had to ask a question (although, I admit with the problems I've been having I should have, but I'm a bit shy, to say the least). I liked that she was a warrior against game corruption, but she also didn't want simmers to take it so far that it spoiled the fun of the game. I remember once someone complaining that their vacation neighborhood didn't have any tourists because they were using empty templates. Her answer? Take out the empty template and put the original back in. She is missed. It's wonderful of you to complete something on her to-do list. I think she'd be pleased.

Again, thank you. If you ever need testers again, I'm available.
Theorist
#62 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:54 AM
Hi, Marka93 suggested your neighborhoods after I posted looking for clean Strangetown makeovers. I'll use your hood and help test but not so tech savvy to know what to look for. I don't use SimPE or other tools as they're too confusing for me. I can use Cyjon's pizza box to test a few things and Prof. von Ball (not sure where he's from) it tells if lot is safe from off-world sims and urns, tombstones or ashes. If there are other ways I can help, let me know. Thanks for the projects you all do for the community. I might be a little slow getting back about this for a bit, 4 medical appointments and tests this week but I will post as soon as possible.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 3rd May 2015 at 3:07 PM Last edited by marka93 : 3rd May 2015 at 3:46 PM.
Ok here is the pic and I will go test out other lots that has stones on them to see if the same thing happens.

ADD: Back from testing out Pleasantview and no problems were found there.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:31 PM
Thank you for the picture.

Does the same problem also occur in Veronaville on the Capp Manor?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#65 Old 3rd May 2015 at 6:37 PM Last edited by marka93 : 3rd May 2015 at 7:14 PM.
Will go test Veronaville now brb.

ADD: Back from testing and yes the Capp Manor is bugged to.

ADD Again: Just went back in and deleted the tables where the 2 stones were and now I get this.

Memories:
Sim does not exist: Neighborhood: [Invisible] Tombstone for 0x002B is being moved to 0x0034 Capp Manor in Veronaville
Sim does not exist: Neighborhood: [Invisible] Tombstone for 0x002D is being moved to 0x0034 Capp Manor in Veronaville

Suggestion for this problem is before you delete the sims move all stones to a empty lot and use the stuck object remover on the spots the stones were on then sell the stones and delete that empty lot and see what happens.
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 3rd May 2015 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 12th Jan 2016 at 6:45 AM.
I can't move tombstones in a TS2 base game only game. This feature came with NL... But I think, it would be OK if I removed the tombstones and used the stuck object remover to finish it off. Let's see if any problems arise after that. Though, I can't do this ATM. I'll test it out when I'm healthy again. In case you care, I caught a stomach bug, again.

Does the same problem occur in Downtown and Belladonna Cove as well?
Pleasantview:
- Goth house
- Caliente house
- Dreamer house
Strangetown:
- Specter house
Veronaville:
- Monty house
- Capp house
Downtown:
- Local cemetary (Gothier Lawns?)
- House of Fallen Trees
Belladonna Cove:
- Local Museum
- Gamesend Grounds?

Are there any other cemetary lots beside these lots?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#67 Old 3rd May 2015 at 8:50 PM
I think that maybe you should do it on all squares that had stones on them before you delete the sims from the hood for you have to have a sim on the lot and unpause the game for OR to do its thing.

Both me and my son have had something like a stomach bug here to.

Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 3rd May 2015 at 9:18 PM
The Lot Inspector can detect the urnstones on lots. Unfortunately, I can't use it for PS and CS because there's no "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat for PS and CS. I just need the "Force Error" command, that's all. :/

Anyway, thank you for supporting me. I wouldn't have discovered this issue without you.

My Simblr
#69 Old 12th May 2015 at 8:04 AM
Are the cs templates just for that game or are they sims 2 compatible? From what i understand of castaway the hood itself doesnt have roads but ive been dying for a playable wanmami island for sims 2
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 12th May 2015 at 11:19 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 15th May 2015 at 4:56 PM.
No, sorry. It won't work in TS2.. It will simply crash your game if you try it.

ETA: I have just found this: http://modthesims.info/t/showpost.p...298&postcount=3

Unfortunately, the scrub removes some of the objects like fireplaces, or career rewards, etc.
That's why, I'm going to redo the templates using Mootilda's method to keep the furnitures.

Then, I don't have to worry about missing objects.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 16th May 2015 at 1:46 PM
When you cleaned out the castaway stories islands did you use the clean templates? They had the story unlocked.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:22 PM
No. I completed the story myself and extracted its ID number and created a new neighborhood with no sims using the AnyGameStarter (creating an empty game). Then, I replaced the ID number of the empty neighborhood because the game thought the story is not completed yet. But I can manage to bypass the story by replacing the ID number.

Yes, you heard it right. You CAN copy TS2 neighborhoods into The Sims CS but it requires some work but it's doable. When I created new CS neighborhoods, I selected a 1024x1024 SC4 map. The game said, I can't use that size but there's a trick to create a new neighborhood, even if the SC4 is too big. After creating that neighborhood, I used HoodReplace to copy the neighborhood terrain and decorations over and imported it in The Sims CS. I didn't use the batbox version to remove all of the characters. I used Mootilda's version. http://modthesims.info/t/468987

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:20 AM.
I haven't got time to redo the templates as promised, I'm sorry.

But the new version of Pleasantview is done!

I hope, I can finish the other templates soon. :/

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 3:01 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:21 AM.
OK. The new versions of the empty universities are ready.

I still haven't got time to do the other templates. :/

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 17th Sep 2015 at 1:01 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:21 AM.
I'm sorry to double post. But I have finished the clean and empty Bluewater Village (B001) template.

My Simblr
Page 3 of 9