Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 5:58 PM
Default How do i create a ghost?
How do i create a ghost in sims3? Is there a way to do it, without having to kill the person in-game?

Things are not always what they seems to be...

...Sometimes...

They're pinguins xD
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 7:13 PM
Default Make a ghost
The easiest way is with Awsome mod. You can select any sim and then choose GHOSTIFY.
Alchemist
#3 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 7:24 PM
Took me about 20 seconds to find the answer for you:
Quote:
Creatures

Main article: Life State

In The Sims 3 ghosts do exist. Ghosts can be turned back into playable characters using Ambrosia or a random opportunity at the Science center, allowing the ghost sim to be added to your household, like a family member. Ghosts whisper all the time and can become invisible and move your furniture. To have a playable ghost, you should resurrect a dead Sim by taking the urn to the Science lab once the associated Opportunity appears. If you decide to have a baby with a ghost, it has a chance of being a ghost baby.[19] No other creatures are in the base game.

Relevant links:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_3
http://google.com
#4 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 7:32 PM
That requires that the Sim that`s to be ghostified be killed in-game, something that the original poster specified against happening. I could have posted that without looking it up, and I don`t even HAVE Sims 3, but I didn`t because Dead-EV was asking for another way.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 7:39 PM
wait for the person to die of natural causes, or play Agnes Crumplebottoms House in Sunset Valley- her dead husband Eric Darling is on the lot and if you build your relationship with him, eventually you get the resurrection opportunity at the Science Lab- he will then be playable- and have him and Agnes have kids
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 7:40 PM
Why skip the death part though? Just for extra complication? All you have to do is cheat the Sim into dying to get an urn. There isn't any point in finding a way to make it a ghost without actually killing it first, it won't really make a difference in the end. 'Sides, not like I was calling you out on giving crap instructions.
#7 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 7:50 PM
"Why skip the death part though?"
No idea; just that that`s what the original poster specified. ::shrug::

"There isn't any point in finding a way to make it a ghost without actually killing it first, it won't really make a difference in the end."
Perhaps the original poster just wanted something easier, with fewer hoops to jump through? ::re-shrug::

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Forum Resident
#8 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 9:52 PM
You don't need a core mod to do it. A quick search of the forums would have brought up several pages that asked for the same thing. Each time, they've been linked to the chaos mod painting.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356513

And since you're looking for a mod, this should have been posted in the WCIF section.

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 12:52 PM
You can also befriend a ghost in the cemetary - if you get your relationship score high enough, you can pick up the tombstone and you will eventually get the Science Lab opportunity. Don't worry about befriending disgusting ghosts (the ones that burned to death) - a shower will fix them right up. Most all ghosts are hungry (especially the ones who starved to death) and cranky from being tired. Thus, a shower, a nice meal and a good nights sleep will bring their mood up enough that you can even woohoo/try for baby. Not sure what the percentage is, but you have a decent chance of birthing a ghost baby.

Palu
Forum Resident
#10 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 1:27 PM
You can take graves without being friends with them.

And the rate, I believe, is 50/50. Same odds as if you have a dark skinned or light skinned child, should one parent have very different skin tones compared to the other (since the vanilla game doesn't blend skin tones).

"It's sticks and stones and broken homes, that taught us how to smile." - The Bens
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 1:32 PM
Just curious, can we also use TSR Neighborhood to do that? Just change a setting/property. If I am not wrong, that setting is "IsGhost". I haven't tested it out yet, been too occupied with other things.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.