Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 1:27 AM
Default Buckbeak sims 3 to 2
does any know how to convert sims 3 objects to the sims 2
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 11:42 PM
If you have never made an object, I would recommend you first learn how to make recolors to become familiar with SimPE.

Then, you can do (not just read and follow along) the Sims 2 start to finish Object Creation Tutorial.

Finally, once you are familiar with the process of creating an object, it should just be matter of creating a new clone with its own GUID and replacing the mesh and texture.

This is all from the TS2 side of course. You will need to consult the TS3 Create forums for how to extract a mesh and texture from a TS3 object. The Create menu at the top of the page should take you everywhere you need to go.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2016 at 12:39 AM
i have the sims 3 works shop same a sims 2 workshop was never in the works :/
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 12:52 AM
SimPE should take care of what you need for this project for the TS2 parts.

Tumblr
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maybesomethingdunno
SimPE should take care of what you need for this project for the TS2 parts.
do you know what object is perfect for re coloring it as the hippogrof
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 6:21 PM
I believe you are asking what object would be perfect for cloning and not recoloring?

Recoloring is for when you want to use the same 3D shape (mesh) to apply a new texture. Cloning is when you plan to create a standalone object with a new mesh.

In your case, a simple decorative statue would work well for a base. Select a statue and clone it. Then you will proceed to replace its mesh and texture with that of the hippogriff. Just remember to give it a new GUID so that it does not replace the statue you originally cloned. This is all covered in the Sims 2 start to finish Object Creation Tutorial.

Tumblr
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 2:39 AM
Thank u