Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 80 of 87
Test Subject
#1976 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 12:08 PM
Default :(
Quote: Originally posted by vixlikescookies
whenever i open it, nothing comes up but i've installed many .package things but still nothing comes up

Same problem here can anyone help?? Pleeease??
Test Subject
#1977 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 5:51 AM
I'm using windows 7, where in my folder do I put this? It shows up blank.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1978 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 5:00 AM
thank you for you programe
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1979 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 9:39 AM
Great Tool
#1980 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Krissy1983
I have windows 8.1 could this be the reason the link is not working ? can someone post the direct link for me ?

I'm having the same problem Let me know if you found/find a solution
#1981 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 6:19 AM
Can someone help me?

I downloaded this and when I clicked to run it, an error message came up. Oh and I'm on Windows 8, if that helps any.
Test Subject
#1982 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 4:17 AM
Where am I supposed to extract it into? I tried putting it in the same folder as the packages and in the mod folder where the package folder is. It seems to run fine but keeps telling me there are no packages in the scanned folders. What folders are being scanned? Please help.
Test Subject
#1983 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 7:17 PM
when i run this nothing shows up
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1984 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:59 PM
Thank you! Now I can see if there's a mod making my world all screwed up xD
Lab Assistant
#1985 Old 10th Nov 2015 at 8:56 PM Last edited by stevset : 11th Nov 2015 at 7:38 PM.
Anyone who is experiencing a "Bad Compression Flag", needs to check their mod setup if they haven't accidentally installed a Sims 4 mod (CC, Mods) within in their Sims 3 mod setup.

S4 *.packages are a different build from S3 *.packages and will stop Dashboard from working properly. Clicking away these error messages won't do as it will skip a chunk of files you want it to check (even hiding any alarms like conflicts / corrupt files).

Steps:
1. Move all mods from your Documents\EA\Sims 3\Mods\Packages /or/ Overrides folders to a newly created temporary folder on your Desktop, till there is none in your setup
2. Make a new folder on your desktop called Checked
3. Place a batch of mods (10) back in your Mods\Packages /or/ Overrides folder
4. Run Dashboard to scan (File> Scan Folder) Documents\EA\Sims 3\Mods and see if you get any "Bad Compression Flags" if not move the mods to your checked folder on your desktop
5. Repeat 4 with another batch of mods (10) and again and again till you get the "Bad Compression Flags"
6. When you get the bad compression flag, move 5 out of the folder and see if the bad compression flag is still there, if so check each individual mod whats causing it, if not check the other 5, narrow down the culprit this way.

If you are a believer that you haven't gotten a S4 mod in your setup when receiving the Bad Compression Flag, cause you are 100% certain you're doing things right. YOU ARE WRONG. Check your mod setup, make sure it only consist of S3 package files.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1986 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 9:13 PM
Such an amazing tool! Sped up my game lots!
Test Subject
#1987 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 5:39 PM
Sorry, in case this is a stupid question, but how do I make the Dashboard scan a folder? Under File > there's just "Open" and as I click on it, it let's me search for (only) sims3packs and I can add them ONE AT A TIME, which is ridiculous. Am I being half-blind of not figuring this out or is there an issue?
Lab Assistant
#1988 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shooting_well
Sorry, in case this is a stupid question, but how do I make the Dashboard scan a folder? Under File > there's just "Open" and as I click on it, it let's me search for (only) sims3packs and I can add them ONE AT A TIME, which is ridiculous. Am I being half-blind of not figuring this out or is there an issue?

Are you sure you are using the right tool?

I think you are confused with Custard, Dashboard doesn't scan Sims3Packs and doesn't show Open under File>, whereas Custard is a Sims3Pack checker and does only list those files which you can open 1 by 1 only, as to what you described.
Test Subject
#1989 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Are you sure you are using the right tool?

I think you are confused with Custard, Dashboard doesn't scan Sims3Packs and doesn't show Open under File>, whereas Custard is a Sims3Pack checker and does only list those files which you can open 1 by 1 only, as to what you described.

Well, ain't this awkward.

Yes, you are completely right and I'm a fool... Somehow I have viewed Custard as Dashboard. Thank you for your remark, meanwhile I go to wash my eyes.
Test Subject
#1990 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 3:32 AM
I love this -- except I accidentally clicked the larger Sims 3 file as opposed to just my Mods folder, promptly crashed the Dashboard (which happens, my fault!) and now when I try to open it Windows says the Dashboard has 'stopped working', but that window quickly closes and Dashboard never opens. Not sure why that is, anyone experience this?
Lab Assistant
#1991 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ssc627
I love this -- except I accidentally clicked the larger Sims 3 file as opposed to just my Mods folder, promptly crashed the Dashboard (which happens, my fault!) and now when I try to open it Windows says the Dashboard has 'stopped working', but that window quickly closes and Dashboard never opens. Not sure why that is, anyone experience this?

Dashboard will read all *.package files within your Sims 3 userdirectory (including those in your DCBackup -, Library folder) and perhaps your system isn't able to handle that sheer amount.

What you may want to try is the following:
1. rename, under Documents folder, your "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3" subfolders to something "LiveElectronics Arts\The Sims 3"
2. start game, this will generate a new "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3" subfolders in your Documents folder (temporary usage) and exit the game.
3. create in this new subfolder under The Sims 3 a new subfolder Mods

Side step: open your Task Manager and see if you already have a processor running that's called "Sims3Dashboard (32-bits)" if so terminate it with the Taskmanager

4. after you checked the side step, open Dashboard, designate the scan on your "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\Mods" (it will be empty cause there is nothing in it), then Close Dashboard
5. Now delete your temporary usage subfolder "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3" under your Documents folder and rename your "LiveElectronics Arts\The Sims 3" to its original name "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3"
6. Run Dashboard, the scan should be locked on your Mods folder.

Good luck!
Test Subject
#1992 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Dashboard will read all *.package files within your Sims 3 userdirectory (including those in your DCBackup -, Library folder) and perhaps your system isn't able to handle that sheer amount.

What you may want to try is the following:
1. rename, under Documents folder, your "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3" subfolders to something "LiveElectronics Arts\The Sims 3"
2. start game, this will generate a new "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3" subfolders in your Documents folder (temporary usage) and exit the game.
3. create in this new subfolder under The Sims 3 a new subfolder Mods

Side step: open your Task Manager and see if you already have a processor running that's called "Sims3Dashboard (32-bits)" if so terminate it with the Taskmanager

4. after you checked the side step, open Dashboard, designate the scan on your "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\Mods" (it will be empty cause there is nothing in it), then Close Dashboard
5. Now delete your temporary usage subfolder "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3" under your Documents folder and rename your "LiveElectronics Arts\The Sims 3" to its original name "Electronics Arts\The Sims 3"
6. Run Dashboard, the scan should be locked on your Mods folder.

Good luck!

Thank you, thank you thank you! Solved the problem.
Test Subject
#1993 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 7:32 PM
i downloaded this and i tried to run it and it straight up crashed. I need this to run because my game crashed and lagged twice yesterday when this is not a normal thing.
Test Subject
#1994 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 8:39 AM
keep getting a "Bad compression flags at mad science" error I have no clue what that means. I am not sure it's scanning correctly.
Lab Assistant
#1995 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HinataObsession
keep getting a "Bad compression flags at mad science" error I have no clue what that means. I am not sure it's scanning correctly.

You're correct, it doesn't scan properly. Read my post on the previous page (83) at postcount #2075.
Test Subject
#1996 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 2:30 AM
You are J4Ks from NRaas? You guys are on point even when not on your wiki huh? lol

I found 4 package files that were causing the errors. However, I was pretty sure they were TS3 custom content, but I digress. You do not need to create additional folders it seems. All you need to do is check which file is being scanned by the Dashboard when the error pops up. Then you can just remove it.

Naito_Shade on NRaas
Lab Assistant
#1997 Old 18th Dec 2015 at 1:17 PM Last edited by stevset : 18th Dec 2015 at 4:57 PM. Reason: Confirmed!
Quote: Originally posted by HinataObsession
You are J4Ks from NRaas? You guys are on point even when not on your wiki huh? lol

I found 4 package files that were causing the errors. However, I was pretty sure they were TS3 custom content, but I digress. You do not need to create additional folders it seems. All you need to do is check which file is being scanned by the Dashboard when the error pops up. Then you can just remove it.

Yeah, I am :P. Ahhh so Dashboard does tell which *.packages isn't for S3. I know it does report S2 mods with its own filter.
That's good to know and probably much easier than going through the whole setup.

The time I written that message was when I tested the theory swiftly out for a member of NRaas and saw all those messages from others about the Bad Compression Flag, so decided to posted it here as well.

Thanks though!

Edit: (confirmed)
So decided to intentionally place a S4 *.package in my S3 modsetup, ran Dashboard and got a Bad Compression Flag pop up, instead of looking at the pop up, look within the bottom left edges of the application, it will say which *.package threw a bad compression flag open your modsetup and remove it from there to somewhere on your desktop for, if you wish, further investigation if the package is truly a S4 *.package. Do it with all Bad Compression Flag, if you receive multiple pop ups and once cleared close Dashboard and restart it.
Test Subject
#1998 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 1:20 PM
Yes. That is what I meant when I said check what file is being scanned when the error pops up. :-p

Naito_Shade on NRaas
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1999 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 9:23 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2000 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 2:03 PM
Page 80 of 87