Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 1:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Default Please helppppp!! France Museum Stuck!!!!!!
I have this saved sim I had been using for quite a while, and after i got supernatural, i moved her to the new town. I just want to continue my world adventure game progress, and I don't think I've ever finished the france museum quest in the old game, but now in my new game, the remains at the museum were not found.
Please tell me what happened.
this sim has maxed out all skills, please don't ask me to abandon her T ^ T

Thank you in advance :lovestruc
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:36 PM
Are you saying that the museum is acting as if it has already been cleared, or that the quest line is acting as if you haven't gotten that far? Either way, back up your game. (Also handy if you have an unexpected power surge, or a bad bit of CC that damages your game, or ....) But moving to another world was one of the suggestions for letting future generations or other families play through the quests after one sim completed them. Each world has its own set of Egypt, France, and China. (Which means that if you find a vacation home you really like, you can buy it in multiple games.)

If the museum needs to be reset, start a brand new game with a brand new sim. Now go into Edit Town and go to the vacation worlds. Briefly check the dungeons to be sure that they are intact, and then put them into your Lots bin.

Now go to your real game, Go into Edit Town, and bulldoze the "used" lots and replace them with the fresh copies. Make a second backup. (Be sure to keep the first safe. But you should always make a backup just before travelling, as there are things that can go wrong when you travel, and when you return.) See if that worked.

If the museum is simply acting as though you don't have the quest to find the remains, abandon the opportunity for that quest. Your progress will be lost, but you don't need to abandon the sim. (Alternatively, you can use edit town to add supernatural lots into your old game, and continue from there to finish your WA progress. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook