Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 4:12 PM
Default EM Athletic Wear
There are only 2 downloads for elder male athletic wear on MTS. My elders are demanding more.

Any downloads for EM Athletic would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 5:34 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:33 PM
Can't you just enable AM to be EM as well? Depending on the outfit, I'd do that.
Otherwise..what would you see as an elder male gym outfit? (pictures please?)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:40 PM
But then they don't have the elder bodyshape.
I have some from All About Style. Not enough, but some.
http://www.all-about-style.com/senior_maath.html

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#5 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:30 PM
Peni, are the clothes at that link maxis mesh recs? I don't have much for elders either, I prefer the maxis meshes for them and don't want all my sims sharing the same clothes and recs with better foot wear are difficult to find. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But then they don't have the elder bodyshape.

This is why i said, depending on the outfit. Some outfit don't matter, while others would show.
For instance, I made some outerwear available for Adult female, that was only for elder female. The only difference is that they show less breasts size..and between you and me, breasts should not show under a thick winter jacket anyway.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 1:23 AM
I'm sure I've got some from TSR. It's getting too late for me to look them out tonight, but I'll have a look tomorrow.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:30 AM
Ooh those AAS ones are nice. I've obviously spent too much time in the Victorian section there and not enough time in the modern one. XD

And yeah I'd like elder bodyshape, otherwise I would just recategorise the AM ones.
Instructor
#9 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 2:25 PM
Theorist
#10 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:16 PM
The stand alones in Deedee's files wouldn't use the maxis elder body shape. I do like the stand alone choice though to use for whatever age I want to use in game. The elder body shape is the problem finding for those of us who wish to keep that shape. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:51 PM
Exactly. I share the same opinion of those who want to keep the elder shapes (well, I prefer to keep BOTH although the thread just speaks to EM), and it's hard as the elders seem to be a very neglected group in some clothing categories, males more so than females.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 1:35 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 20th Aug 2017 at 8:13 AM. Reason: Silly typos: "I" not "O", "have" not "haver"!
Hi Charity!

I promised I'd give you details of the EM Athletic outfits I got from TSR, Well, here are pictures of all the ones I had this morning:

You can get them at TSR here. There are a total of 97 items spread over 5 pages. I'm not a great fan of TSR, but in this case I think I'd be mad not to avail myself of the variety of outfits available there, especially as many of them are just the kind of outfits I like. I'd rather my Sims wore shorts for their workouts than tracksuits.

The first two (the Adidas and Nike are in my opinion some of the best; they're by Uma Designs. I've got at least the Adidas one in a set covering all male Sims from teen to elder. The one I wouldn't recommend the "sexy gramps" outfit by buntah, and I think I'll take it out of my game. It uses a clothing mesh for parts of the body that re supposed to be naked, so you can see the shape of his clothing in skin colour. It looks horrible! It's on page 5 with some other very old outfits. For the same reason I won't get the ones by oldmember_Gryphon on the same page.

I said those were all the TSR male elder athletic outfits I had this morning, but having negotiated the tortuous path to the right page on TSR, to check that that was indeed where my elder male sportswear came from, I couldn't resist getting a few more. So today I downloaded:

Green Puma Sports Set by Uma Designs: That is another set for teen, adult and elder to match the Adidas and Nike ones I already have.

Dance Gramps Jogger by Earcat. I'll have to see that in my game to see how I like it.

Tank and Shorts Set for Elders by jonmbay. That includes 12 recolours, so I'll have over 20 non-Maxis athletic outfits for my older men to choose from!

There is also a handful of elder male athletic outfits here at Simphany.com.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 4:44 AM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 8:40 AM
Thanks again. I think I have enough stuff now. I even found some EM ballet outfits on Simphany and I did convert some of the looser tracksuits from AM.

That reminded me. Is there a AF conversion of the Teen Style Stuff tracksuit? I seem to have all ages except AF and it's my favourite tracksuit.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 9:31 AM
There is some decent stuff for EM and other age groups on the Graveyard under Heleana...or something very close to that name.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Thanks again. I think I have enough stuff now. I even found some EM ballet outfits on Simphany and I did convert some of the looser tracksuits from AM.

That reminded me. Is there a AF conversion of the Teen Style Stuff tracksuit? I seem to have all ages except AF and it's my favourite tracksuit.

This one?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=266210

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 4:55 AM
No, it's this one, but thanks. http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/35638.html