Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 6:52 PM
I'm kindof disappointed with Freewill. The Sims have never been intelligent as a general rule, they just kindof wander around doing random things until you tell them to do something useful. Is it difficult to create an algorithm of sorts, telling them to do this that and the other, or use specific objects, when they don't have anything to do? (If you've played Dragon Age 1, I'm picturing something like their algorithms.)

I'm also sad you can't create a mass hybrid monstrosity like in Sims 2: Werewolf Plant Sim. Removing an element that people liked is akin to taking a step backwards.
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
I'm kindof disappointed with Freewill. The Sims have never been intelligent as a general rule, they just kindof wander around doing random things until you tell them to do something useful. Is it difficult to create an algorithm of sorts, telling them to do this that and the other, or use specific objects, when they don't have anything to do?

Agreed! I can't understand why that couldn't be in the code: when sim is THIS hungry, sim WILL eat. I mean the moodlets show up, so clearly the game is aware...so why not some command that compels them to fix the moodlet sooner? I mean obviously they do follow some internal command. At least a majority of them will at some point lie down on a bench before they fall asleep standing up, and a majority will finally eat before actually dying of starvation. So how is it they can't be compelled sooner? AND, come to think of it, you'd think that sims who've read X number of books and/or completed X number of skills could be compelled even earlier on.
Forum Resident
#103 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 7:23 PM
Weird, archaic and very specific social morals, especially for the celebrity system. Having a child out of wedlock is no longer the career ruining scandal that EA seems to think it is.

Genetics in TS2 were at least a little bit clever. You had dominant and recessive hair colours and such. In TS3 it all seems to either just mash the two parents hair colours together or just come up with a new one out of the blue. There's a mutation rate of 10% ffs.

Too many really specific expansions. A really good Sims expansion is one with features that can be used by most families you'll be playing, like TS2's Freetime or either of the Seasons expansions. WA, ITF, SHT, IP were all really specific and most features of them could only be used in certain worlds, especially IP.

Less quirky things than were in previous games. Remember the hula dancers that hung around the Grim Reaper? Or how that machine that instantly maxed all of your motives in TS2 was powered by a potato and had a piece of pizza just haphazardly thrown into the circuitry. All of the cheaty reward items in TS3 were just so... polished. And it was part of what made everything seems to bland.

Speaking of bland, remember when seperate expansions would all have a few decor sets with a very distinct decorative style? Sometimes one that was completely separate from the actual expansion's purpose? Unleashed had this whole French Quarter thing going on, even with the loading screen music. TS2 Seasons had this rustic, countryside decor scheme. You'd end up with all these very distinct sets of furniture. TS3 just felt... Generic with the kinds of furniture and build mode stuff that was included with it.
I think it's worth adding that TS3 did have a lot of good, distinct, stylized sets of furniture made for it, but it was all sold in the store.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
Weird, archaic and very specific social morals, especially for the celebrity system. Having a child out of wedlock is no longer the career ruining scandal that EA seems to think it is.

Completely agree. There's also some fantastic racism going on with occults, which might be reasonable if the backstory on occults was more coherent to begin with. Seriously, one of my vampires got shamed for having woohoo with her vampire husband. And if you remarry after your spouse dies, suddenly you're a cheater?
Forum Resident
#105 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 2:01 AM
I'd kind of like the whole fantastic racism aspect, if they actually continued it in other parts of the game. But nope. It's pretty dissonant, really. Nobody other than the press seems to care if someone is a vampire other than maybe the odd coward sim but that's it.

Not that there's any reason for anyone to be afraid of TS3 vampires, with the whole "it's actually much easier to just eat this juice box that exists in infinite supply in the fridge than to actually go out and find someone to bite".
Top Secret Researcher
#106 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
I'd kind of like the whole fantastic racism aspect, if they actually continued it in other parts of the game. But nope. It's pretty dissonant, really. Nobody other than the press seems to care if someone is a vampire other than maybe the odd coward sim but that's it.

Not that there's any reason for anyone to be afraid of TS3 vampires, with the whole "it's actually much easier to just eat this juice box that exists in infinite supply in the fridge than to actually go out and find someone to bite".

The press? What press? Just some annoying paparazzi always hanging around the lot snapping photos, while the actual Journalism career has nothing to do with it. Journalists just go to an 8-5 job daily, like any other jobs with a cool title. On a rare occasion they get to snoop around town asking a question or 2 as opportunities. Even private investigators get more kick out of that. As far as I concern, the press is nil. And speaking of dissonance, why can't we shoo or ask the paparazzi to leave? Or with hot temper or martial art sims, they can use some violence? One of my celebrity sim shoos everyone out of the bathroom before her bath. Somehow she failed to shoo the paparazzi who miraculously made his way into her bathroom uninvited. And low and behold, the paparazzi just clicked away as she deliberately washed herself in the bathtub. I had to go as far as moveobjects to remove that annoying "member of the press". There is no hot line news of "Leaked nude photo scandal" on paper the next day.

But yeah, that's the press for you.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
The press? What press? Just some annoying paparazzi always hanging around the lot snapping photos, while the actual Journalism career has nothing to do with it. Journalists just go to an 8-5 job daily, like any other jobs with a cool title. On a rare occasion they get to snoop around town asking a question or 2 as opportunities. Even private investigators get more kick out of that. As far as I concern, the press is nil. And speaking of dissonance, why can't we shoo or ask the paparazzi to leave? Or with hot temper or martial art sims, they can use some violence? One of my celebrity sim shoos everyone out of the bathroom before her bath. Somehow she failed to shoo the paparazzi who miraculously made his way into her bathroom uninvited. And low and behold, the paparazzi just clicked away as she deliberately washed herself in the bathtub. I had to go as far as moveobjects to remove that annoying "member of the press". There is no hot line news of "Leaked nude photo scandal" on paper the next day.

But yeah, that's the press for you.

My witch sims tend to turn paparazzi into toads and/or hit them with a haunting curse.
#108 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 1:46 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 4th Mar 2014 at 2:04 PM.
I'm really curious what conspiracy was going on EA.

EA, you have given us woohoo, take off Sims clothes (in their underwear/swimwear), streak, bachelor/bachelorette party, make-out session features, "sexy" dancing on table....

But you haven't given Sims a medicine to cure themselves instead of resting at home.

Why?

Are legal prescription drugs not kid-friendly enough for Teen Rating game?
Are legal prescription drugs having "dangerous" effect so EA didn't want to include it in the game?
Are legal prescription drugs in "grey area", a matter of controversial political/social/cultural views that should have been avoided at all from kids?
Are legal prescription drugs can be mistaken for illegal drugs? Along with syringe?

I'm sick of coughing since one week ago in real life, I've been tired of coughing all day from morning, afternoon, evening, and night, with sore throat.
I'm kind of person choosing cure myself over medical treatment, but then, until today, I gave up. I decided to cure myself with legal prescription drugs. .

Why did you give us potion in supernatural way to transform our Sim into other supernatural creatures in fantasy world,
BUT not including the BASIC realistic bit of giving normal Sim a medicine to cure the sickness?

And no I don't mean curing your Sims having flu disappearing into hospital building, then recover instantly walking from the building without showing us the process "how" to cure it.
Why EA doesn't want Sims display realistic medicine then taking it in front of players, just like Sims drinking "potion" drinks.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Inventor
#109 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 2:45 PM
Because people like me would try to mod the shit out of those drugs so that we can have junkies.
Field Researcher
#110 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 3:41 PM
The first time I switched from TS2 to TS3 (which was a few years ago) I found myself stupidly waiting for some interactions to happen just to be disappointed. I know we've gone a long way in terms of gameplay, and I know the main features we got are anything but satisfactory, but there are also certain small nuances in Sim interactions in TS2 that have been lost in TS3, like

1) That little bit of cuddling in bed in the morning if both sims filled their sleep bar before their wake up time.
2) Slow dancing's smooch, and ass-grabbing (I may sound like a perv but I really miss it). Also in TS2 they can also dance closer after a while.
3) The kiss after spinning in the skating rink.
4) TS2's make out on couch was longer and more... passionate?
5) The kid-adult swing interaction.
6) THE ENTIRE SET OF INTERACTIONS IN RESTAURANT (toast, kiss, PROPOSAL) My sims used to exclusively propose in that fashion.

I think there are way more but these are just off the top of my head. I don't think these are hard to code, 'cause we see them recycle interaction all the time, so I don't know why they have decided to drop them on the way to the TS3 release.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 7:54 PM
Ohhh, I had no idea the restaurant interactions didn't pass over. (I don't have all the expansions) I LOVE the table proposal. It's so funny and sweet!
(Quick thing, have you ever seen a rejected tabletop proposal? I haven't. Yet...)
Field Researcher
#112 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
1) That little bit of cuddling in bed in the morning if both sims filled their sleep bar before their wake up time.

I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but my married Sims keep spooning in bed all the time. Like, the ZZZs are gone, time's back to 1x, and they have the Well-Rested moodlet, but they stay in bed for an extra hour while I desperately try to get them up faster.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
The first time I switched from TS2 to TS3 (which was a few years ago) I found myself stupidly waiting for some interactions to happen just to be disappointed. I know we've gone a long way in terms of gameplay, and I know the main features we got are anything but satisfactory, but there are also certain small nuances in Sim interactions in TS2 that have been lost in TS3, like

2) Slow dancing's smooch, and ass-grabbing (I may sound like a perv but I really miss it). Also in TS2 they can also dance closer after a while.
3) The kiss after spinning in the skating rink.
4) TS2's make out on couch was longer and more... passionate?
5) The kid-adult swing interaction.
6) THE ENTIRE SET OF INTERACTIONS IN RESTAURANT (toast, kiss, PROPOSAL) My sims used to exclusively propose in that fashion.

I think there are way more but these are just off the top of my head. I don't think these are hard to code, 'cause we see them recycle interaction all the time, so I don't know why they have decided to drop them on the way to the TS3 release.

you've made me reaaaallllly want to play the sims 2! You're right, all these interactions are great
Field Researcher
#114 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
I don't know if this is what you're talking about, but my married Sims keep spooning in bed all the time. Like, the ZZZs are gone, time's back to 1x, and they have the Well-Rested moodlet, but they stay in bed for an extra hour while I desperately try to get them up faster.

Strange, in my game if there's an interaction in their queue once they're well rested they would get up and do that first thing. But the one in TS2 I was talking about is this one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...2008/cuddle.jpg (courtesy of google images of course)
Page 5 of 5