Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 9:16 AM
Default Evil and Mean Spirited seem disappointing so far...
Maybe more things will open up later, but it looks like mean spirited and evil traits have a small bag of tricks. Evil is... taking an evil slumber and making an evil drink? That's just a change in the name the interraction, there's nothing evil about the drink and slumber. Mean spirited is better, having rude introductions and criticizing in person. Until I have the sim call up the same person and the only option available is to have a friendly chat. A mean spirited person would likely use the phone to heckle or terrorize.

Some of the interactions are too dependent on the listener. Revealing the mastermind plan would be like throwing a villain speech, right? The person would pontificate, point fingers, and occupy the person. But the game only sees it as a mundane topic where the listener will interrupt and refuse the mastermind plan speech, reducing the speaker to a conversation reject. Should it work that way? I would have rather that it proceeded like the joke interaction from TS2, that it follows to completion and the listener can choose to reply further or shrug it off.

For me, mastermind was a topic that was rejected by a sim with the good trait. If that's how it works, then good and evil sims are just not going to have conversations at all. Shouldn't there be drama opportunities involved such as a good vs evil heated argument for respective sims to beat the drums with? Casting blame, using guilt or fear, trying to "win" the conversation. I'm not seeing much impact for having a sim be evil. Knocking over the trash can, ooh I showed them. Have I already hit the boundaries of evil and mean spirited?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 9:25 AM Last edited by glowstarsinajar : 7th Mar 2014 at 9:35 AM.
I agree. Mean-spirited seems more evil than Evil sims to me. Have you played around with enemies at all? The more they get, the more they want. They also tend to want to beat people up, which is basically the most evil thing a sim can directly do in an unmodded game.

Good sims can accuse Evil sims of being Evil, and Evil sims can complain about Good people, but it doesn't seem like there's much of a moral distinction between good and evil, besides rolling wishes to see people's ghosts.

Edit: I think Evil, Mean-Spirited, and Grumpy sims can also troll online...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Maybe more things will open up later, but it looks like mean spirited and evil traits have a small bag of tricks. Evil is... taking an evil slumber and making an evil drink? That's just a change in the name the interraction, there's nothing evil about the drink and slumber. Mean spirited is better, having rude introductions and criticizing in person. Until I have the sim call up the same person and the only option available is to have a friendly chat. A mean spirited person would likely use the phone to heckle or terrorize.

Some of the interactions are too dependent on the listener. Revealing the mastermind plan would be like throwing a villain speech, right? The person would pontificate, point fingers, and occupy the person. But the game only sees it as a mundane topic where the listener will interrupt and refuse the mastermind plan speech, reducing the speaker to a conversation reject. Should it work that way? I would have rather that it proceeded like the joke interaction from TS2, that it follows to completion and the listener can choose to reply further or shrug it off.

For me, mastermind was a topic that was rejected by a sim with the good trait. If that's how it works, then good and evil sims are just not going to have conversations at all. Shouldn't there be drama opportunities involved such as a good vs evil heated argument for respective sims to beat the drums with? Casting blame, using guilt or fear, trying to "win" the conversation. I'm not seeing much impact for having a sim be evil. Knocking over the trash can, ooh I showed them. Have I already hit the boundaries of evil and mean spirited?

well worry not my friend
Evil, Mean Spirited, Witch combo will have u setting houses on fire :D
and worse
i mean for those who dont know: if you zoom in closely and be able to target the ground BENEATH a Sim and cast "Fire Blast" you can actually set that sim on fire :3
and burn them to the ground
yes.... Burn...

There are many things u can accomplish with an Evil Sim
sure they do "evil bath" and whatnot for fun
but they have so much secret things they can do that can be quite suprising

and if you want to make things more interesting; get the "Invent" skill.. cos at lv. 6 you can detonate stuff
I once invited a Sim to enter a car; and as that sim headed to the car; i waited till that particular sim was in the car and DETONATE
KABOOOM!!!

it was quite spectacular :3

come on friend,
this is a kid's game
got to be creative in how you utilize your "evil"
#4 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 8:06 PM
For me the only thing I find 'fun' about an Evil sim is their raucous cackling laughter that fills the gap between the sobs of other Sims when Grimmy turns up. Sometimes it's so inappropriate it verges on comic genius.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 8:16 PM
Both evil and mean-spirited are disappointing. I'm currently playing a family of four. All have the evil trait, two have mean-spirited. When I am not controlling them, they more or less act like any other sims. Occasionally, one of them will decide to scare someone or wake someone up with a megaphone. But, it's fairly rare. They just go about their lives making friends like every other sim. I have great evil and mean fun when I control them though.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sosasoser
Both evil and mean-spirited are disappointing. I'm currently playing a family of four. All have the evil trait, two have mean-spirited. When I am not controlling them, they more or less act like any other sims. Occasionally, one of them will decide to scare someone or wake someone up with a megaphone. But, it's fairly rare. They just go about their lives making friends like every other sim. I have great evil and mean fun when I control them though.

Mine seem to enjoy picking on one specific plumb bot in the household and are constantly sneaking up and scaring it autonomously. The same poor bot gets abducted by aliens two or three times a sim-week.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Maybe more things will open up later, but it looks like mean spirited and evil traits have a small bag of tricks.

I'm thinking the trick bag isn't going to get any bigger or fuller.
In my first Sunset Valley game, Jared Frio (mean spirited) would often smack his adult spawn daughter, Marcy, around in public. That's one of the meanest spontaneous actions I've seen in the game.
The other was when Mr MacDuff hit my sim with a fireblast when she was exiting her high school graduation. She didn't die, just got her robe burned off. I don't think he has either mean spirited or evil traits. And I'm not sure why he'd be mad at her - it was her brother who booby trapped his toilet.
#8 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 6:34 AM
My Evil sim booby trapped the toilet and shower and the mother beat her brother and then he burnt in a fire while it was the teen sister not the child boy

Sims 3 - Annoying me since 2000
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 7:00 AM
I played my first mean-spirited sim, Hunter Cotteneye in Riverview and I thoroughly enjoyed his character. Made an elderly sim that was evil and mean-spirited with all the gardening skills so she could make a perfect garden and when she died I made the garden a community lot. This was before BuyDebug was introduced in the game. The both of them would pick fights if you left alone and just let them make a mess on their own. My sim I was playing liked Hunter and wanted to marry him so I worked to get him for a romantic interest. I remember when he went to bed in his camouflage outfit with the boots, she woke up to the realization he was insane! Her face was too funny.

They married and Hunter would destroy all her parties by insulting the guests, then he would have wishes to apologize so I sent him to their houses and Hunter would apologize but I left him alone too long. He would go right back to insulting them. Then fight, in the people house! I fell in love with the mean spirited aspect of his personality, along with insane. Evil got boring with my elderly sim, so yeah, I love the mean spirited sim trait more.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Site Helper
#10 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:27 PM
Evil sims also don't complain when you forget to buy lights. Not so helpful when you have enough money to illuminate the entire house, but a real money-saver in the beginning. (although it -does- mean that nighttime parties are going to be a bit of a wash with all the guests complaining that it's dark in here.) And an evil sim can steal candy from a baby, although all that candy really isn't good for the kid anyway. It was funny when I had a pair of evil babies who were always stealing candy from each other as toddlers.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the candy they steal is bigger than the baby's head. How is it supposed to eat that?
Site Helper
#12 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 12:36 AM
I kept thinking it would be -more- evil to make the kid eat the candy, and make the parents deal with the sugar high.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 1:27 AM
Ah, I see that I will be needing some expansion packs to improve evil and mean-spirited. The stories you've all shared sound terribly, gleefully great. Snatching candy, busting up parties with snarkiness, flamebombing people, yes please. So it will be the Supernatural EP first. The mean spirited rude introduction was great, though ( it makes me want to drive to the park and try it myself ). Seeing sims die is not really what it's all about, but I'll take it. It's more of the do-something-sims-hate and not feel bad because mean-spirited makes it okay. It's the reaction that matters. This will be good to bring up in the TS4 topics. Does EA check this forum? Anyway, thank you all for confirming that I'm not alone in this. It's clear that while there may not be much more in the base game, I have not seen it all. Waking up someone with a bullhorn, gotta go try that.