Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3seasons9
oh um..... i do have quite a fair bit of cc downloaded but it wont let me uninstall it tho check out my previous post to this and u'll see what the error message is, do u understand it??????? cuz i have no idea what the message means

Those numbers represent the coding for a corrupted CC item. I've alos noticed that when I start my game over again and the "debug error" sign pops again and another set of codes appear. You have to install Delphy's cleaning tool to delete them. Here is Delphy's page to delete those files: http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006

Hope this works for you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 1:10 PM
Oh well. I'm giving up on it. I deleted all from my Mac. I'm saving up money for a desktop PC (not immediately a game desktop but just a desktop PC) and I turn one of my TVs into a PC.
It's too bad EA doesn't really pay attention.
(Yes I know you can also try and work with Bootcamp but my free space on my hard drive here is not that big anymore since I also play games from Steam and so on...)
So well... Maybe that's something Mac users can try... Try Bootcamp? It's my last option.
Test Subject
#103 Old 3rd Apr 2013 at 7:07 PM
delphy's cleaner thing
Quote: Originally posted by IndianQueen
Those numbers represent the coding for a corrupted CC item. I've alos noticed that when I start my game over again and the "debug error" sign pops again and another set of codes appear. You have to install Delphy's cleaning tool to delete them. Here is Delphy's page to delete those files: http://www.modthesims.info/d/387006

Hope this works for you!

oh dear.......thanks for ur help but this runs on a windows operating systems and mine (i believe) is mac os x so sadly i cannot play my sims
edit: plus is there anyway else i can get rid of bad files??????? any other software that is similar to delphy's that will work on a mac
Test Subject
#104 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3seasons9
oh dear.......thanks for ur help but this runs on a windows operating systems and mine (i believe) is mac os x so sadly i cannot play my sims
edit: plus is there anyway else i can get rid of bad files??????? any other software that is similar to delphy's that will work on a mac

No problem. Delphy's cleaning tool works on a MAC too. There's another program called Bootcamp which is quite similar to Delphy's cleaning tool. I posted th elink to where you can find the thread about bootcamp. The post was posted by plasticbox.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580
Test Subject
#105 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 11:59 AM
Oh well... In my case I think I kind of find out now.
My Graphic Card doesn't take Sims Seasons well...
So now I'm hoping my new PC will be able but I doubt over the card other wise... screw the thing open.
Test Subject
#106 Old 10th May 2013 at 7:13 PM
Default EA are unbelievable cowards
EA is just unbelievable!!On twitter i tweeted asking them what they are doing about this problem and they could just ignore thier mac customers like that.. No reply instead i found out that my account had been suspended...
Field Researcher
#107 Old 31st May 2013 at 12:00 AM
EA: "Oh, mac users are still having that error that's been around since the game's release?! LET'S START WORKING ON SIMS 4 AND NOT FIX IT!"
Test Subject
#108 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 6:40 AM
where can you download expansion packs for mac? i don't feel like going to the store. i had that same problem for a while but got the patch after that and it got fixed (?)
Instructor
#109 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 6:08 PM
Quote:
No problem. Delphy's cleaning tool works on a MAC too. There's another program called Bootcamp which is quite similar to Delphy's cleaning tool

BootCamp is NOT a Delphy tool like ... Please, I know there are many people who don't have any idea how their Mac works so ... don't misguide them !

The Exception Raised Error is not a Mac error. Since The Sims 3 is a ciderized game ( it means the Sims 3 is still a PC game whatever the platform of your computer and only "encapsulated" in a program which emulate your game on the Mac platform )

There are 2 kind of Mac Simmers :

- The ones with OS X Leopard ( 10.5 ) and/or SnowLeopard ( 10.6 )
- The ones with OS X Lion ( 10.7 ) and/or MountainLion ( 10.8 )

And they don't have the same problems related to the Sims 3

So ........ please, when you get an error or any problem with the Sims 3, the FIRST thing to write is your system, its specs ( ram / graphic card ) and so on.

Then, yes ... repair permissions on your Mac is ALWAYS a good thing, before installing anything and AFTER installing anything ( such an expansion ) If you don't find it, then, it's because your system is not well installed. Or because you trashed some files you din't have to ... Or because you are such a noob you even don't know how works a computer ...

Before trying to understand your game, begin to understand your computer ! Google is your friend and there are infinite websites and forums about the Mac ...

The ones who have Leopard ( OS X 10.6.x ) : consider upgrading to SnowLeopard which is MUCH MORE stable and especially for the Sims 3 ...

The ones who have Lion ( OS X 10.7.x ) : consider upgrading to MountainLion asap. Lion increase a lot the errors when playing the Sims 3. In addition, MountainLion is much more stable and less slow indeed.

Then ... There are still Exception Errors, whatever you do, especially with Seasons and Island Paradise. There are too graphic glitches with these 2 expansions and many crashes ( especially in Buy/Build mode or in CAS )

EA loves repeating its own errors again and again ... And there's nothing to do really. BUT ... here some tips

Solution 1 :

- Repair permissions
- Put in trash some of the Electonic Arts files ( there is an excellent tuto here on MTS : http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files )

sometimes, it's enough

Solution 2 :

- Repair permissions
- Make a backup of your Electonic Arts folder
- Open your game ( which will recreate a brand new Electonic Arts folder )
- Play with a pre-made Sim and see if you crash again ... then, close the game and put back in the brand new Electonic Arts folder the files you need such as your saved Sims and so on. Here an excellent tutorial which I recommend to follow STEP by STEP :

Resetting the game to factory settings

Solution 3 :

- Re-install all the Sims 3 stuff WITHOUT Seasons and Island Paradise ... I know, not fun at all for those who love playing a complete game and so, but then, you'll be able to play at last ...
- repair permissions

Another tip before ending : create a new sim works much better than playing with an old one you import in your new expansions. It's not terrific when you created a sims story for a while and want to go on with your "old" sims ...

The Sims 3 have been such a pain since the beginning. I don't have informations about the Sims 4 but I only hope there will be a different kind of code/programmation for Mac !
Test Subject
#110 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 3:38 AM
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions...ed-problem.html
Post this wherever you see the problem!
Test Subject
#111 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 7:23 PM
SIGN THE PETITION FOR EA TO STOP IGNORING CUSTOMERS.

This problem has been around since July of '09. We're going to make EA solve this problem before they move on to The Sims 4, and leave us unhappy customers in the dust.
Top Secret Researcher
#112 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blackgryffin

BootCamp is NOT a Delphy tool like ... Please, I know there are many people who don't have any idea how their Mac works so ... don't misguide them !

The Exception Raised Error is not a Mac error. Since The Sims 3 is a ciderized game ( it means the Sims 3 is still a PC game whatever the platform of your computer and only "encapsulated" in a program which emulate your game on the Mac platform )

There are 2 kind of Mac Simmers :

- The ones with OS X Leopard ( 10.5 ) and/or SnowLeopard ( 10.6 )
- The ones with OS X Lion ( 10.7 ) and/or MountainLion ( 10.8 )

And they don't have the same problems related to the Sims 3

So ........ please, when you get an error or any problem with the Sims 3, the FIRST thing to write is your system, its specs ( ram / graphic card ) and so on.

Then, yes ... repair permissions on your Mac is ALWAYS a good thing, before installing anything and AFTER installing anything ( such an expansion ) If you don't find it, then, it's because your system is not well installed. Or because you trashed some files you din't have to ... Or because you are such a noob you even don't know how works a computer ...

Before trying to understand your game, begin to understand your computer ! Google is your friend and there are infinite websites and forums about the Mac ...

The ones who have Leopard ( OS X 10.6.x ) : consider upgrading to SnowLeopard which is MUCH MORE stable and especially for the Sims 3 ...

The ones who have Lion ( OS X 10.7.x ) : consider upgrading to MountainLion asap. Lion increase a lot the errors when playing the Sims 3. In addition, MountainLion is much more stable and less slow indeed.

Then ... There are still Exception Errors, whatever you do, especially with Seasons and Island Paradise. There are too graphic glitches with these 2 expansions and many crashes ( especially in Buy/Build mode or in CAS )

EA loves repeating its own errors again and again ... And there's nothing to do really. BUT ... here some tips

Solution 1 :

- Repair permissions
- Put in trash some of the Electonic Arts files ( there is an excellent tuto here on MTS : http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ete_Cache_Files )

sometimes, it's enough

Solution 2 :

- Repair permissions
- Make a backup of your Electonic Arts folder
- Open your game ( which will recreate a brand new Electonic Arts folder )
- Play with a pre-made Sim and see if you crash again ... then, close the game and put back in the brand new Electonic Arts folder the files you need such as your saved Sims and so on. Here an excellent tutorial which I recommend to follow STEP by STEP :

Resetting the game to factory settings

Solution 3 :

- Re-install all the Sims 3 stuff WITHOUT Seasons and Island Paradise ... I know, not fun at all for those who love playing a complete game and so, but then, you'll be able to play at last ...
- repair permissions

Another tip before ending : create a new sim works much better than playing with an old one you import in your new expansions. It's not terrific when you created a sims story for a while and want to go on with your "old" sims ...

The Sims 3 have been such a pain since the beginning. I don't have informations about the Sims 4 but I only hope there will be a different kind of code/programmation for Mac !

I am sure that a lot of the errors that one will have on OS X are memory related errors, mostly because The Sims 3 is basically a PC game with PC memory set up.

I ran across a very Geeky solution.

If one first Installs XCode which is an optional install on the Installer Disk, I have found that there is a solution to a lot of the errors I was experiencing.

Step 1 Install XCode from the Mac OS X install disk,
Note it is an Optional Install and has a separate Installer. It is easy and only takes a few minutes.

Step 2 Go to the Finder then Applications then Utilities and put Activity Monitor.app in your Dock

Step 3 Go to the Finder then Applications then Utilities and put Terminal.app in your Dock

Step 4 Before you Start up the Launcher to Play, Open Activity Monitor.
Note I have the Activity Monitor set to Open at Log In.

Step 5 Use this key Stoke: Command-Return to make The Sims 3 run in Window Mode.
Press and the Command key and press the Return key to make The Sims 3 run in Window Mode.

Now Click on Activity Monitor to Check to see how much Free Memory you have.

Ok now just do Step 4 when ever you want to Play The Sims 3.

The Trick is, before you Save in The Sims 3 or Before you go to Create-A-Household or Travel someplace or Travel to University, Use this key Stoke: Command-Return

Then click on Activity Monitor and see how much free Memory you have, if you are running low on Free Memory then

Open Terminal.app and type "purge" with out the quotes and then Quit Terminal.

This will purge your memory and give you back the Free Memory you had when you first started Playing, or maybe even a bit more.

Now go ahead and Save and you should be ok. And I have had it work with no problems so for a few days now.

I am going to into CAH or Traveling I like to Save first still. Went into CAH with no problem, but have not did any Traveling yet.

Note that if you have OS X 10.9 Mavericks you will need to type "sudo purge" in the Terminal and then type your Password.

Note that I found my Information on this site: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3...uring-gameplay/
Test Subject
#113 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 5:11 AM
command return does wonders for my game! I completely agree with the above poster. If my game freezes, or is acting crazy I simply click out of the windowed screen somewhere or bring up chrome or something and go back to my game and its usually almost always unfrozen.
Field Researcher
#114 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 3:46 PM Last edited by iheartcowcapoos : 15th Feb 2014 at 5:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I am sure that a lot of the errors that one will have on OS X are memory related errors, mostly because The Sims 3 is basically a PC game with PC memory set up...Note that I found my Information on this site: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3...uring-gameplay/

Nail on the head. In a post I wrote a few pages back, I mentioned TS3 running through cider (for those not up to speed this is the emulator that TS3 uses to run on a mac) only utilizes 2 GB of RAM regardless of how much you actually have installed. The more I observe this issue, the more I find that this is true. The steps posted by lordtyger9 can prove to be very helpful. Here are a few things that I have found with memory management that can help reduce the appearance of this error in the game. (Please note that if the error is happening very frequently or all of the time for you, it might be better to consider reinstalling and getting a fresher start).

First of all, it's best that you have NO other programs opened while running the sims because background processes are going to eat up your memory
Running in windowed mode really does help, but personally I don't like windowed mode so I don't use it, but if you're seeing this error often I would suggest trying to run in windowed mode
What I use is a program called memory clean (free in the mac app store). It does the same thing as the purge command in terminal that lordtyger9 mentioned but this way you just press the "clean" button and you don't have to mess with terminal or worry about mistyping something and accidentally effing up your computer. The memory clean app will chill up in your toolbar and constantly display how much free memory you have.
What I like to do is if I've been using my computer, browsing the internet doing homework etc., I'll clean the memory with the app before I launch the sims and I find this helps. Periodically I'll switch to windowed mode and run memory clean while I'm playing to continue to keep the RAM freed up. Theoretically OS X is designed to maximize the RAM's performance and it is self sustaining and cleaning, but sometimes when running a game that doesn't even utilize all of your memory and just eats away at the 2 GB it allots, I find it doesn't hurt to give it a little help with that app.

SAVING OFTEN has also helped reduce the frequency of this error. I like to save anywhere from 5-10 minutes or 15-20 minutes of gameplay. It really just depends on whether or not the game is having a good day or not.
KNOW THE SIGNS AND TRIGGERS!!! For example, I know that if I load CAS and start scrolling through all the tops impatiently before the list fully loads that I'll get the error. I know that I am more likely to see the error when I have testingcheatsenabled turned on than when I have it turned off, so I'll turn it on to do the cheat I need to do and then turn it off immediately.
I know that if I start to see clothes distort in CAS to exit CAS right away and save because the error might be coming. If you know the signs and triggers you'll learn how to avoid them and work around them. You'll also be less likely to lose your progress if you're saving often and saving when you know a crash might be eminent.

Last resort is running the game in a windows partition installed with bootcamp. I know no one wants this as an option because personally I would rather just deal with the error than try and install all of this crap on my windows partition, but if your game is just straight up not working even after uninstalling and reinstalling, you may not have any other choice.

Basically this is just a "learning to live with herpes" type thing (pardon the disturbing metaphor). Knowing what provokes it and what the signs are and learning how to deal with them and work around them can really help reduce the frequency. Unless someone can rewrite cider, I don't think this issue will ever be fixed. Cider is a third party emulator used by EA and I don't think they have way to fix this issue, unless they specifically rewrite the entire sims 3 series to run on a mac. We can only hope they learn from their mistakes and write an OS X specific version for sims 4
Test Subject
#115 Old 24th May 2014 at 7:44 AM
I think this might help...
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
About halfway through loading my town, i get an error that says:
Exception Raised
Unhandled Page Fault on read access to 0x00000 at address 0x00ce2lb9
Do you wish to debug?
Yes or No

I've clicked both, both end my game.

I've looked everywhere for an answer.
I'm running a macbook pro. I have all min. requirements for the game.
I never had this problem before installing Generations.
I just want to play dammnit, for the amount of money i've spent.

Can anyone help?

I had that problem for years now, and I tried to hold the urge of not playing for a while, like a few days and it works for me, and if u are using command cheats, its best to turn them off or disable them.
Test Subject
#116 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 6:05 AM
I removed my script cache and my compositor cache from the documents folder and the launcher worked fine after that.
Page 5 of 5