Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:07 AM
How do I delete missing lights?
Hey everyone wondering if you could help at all?

I have downloaded a lot onto my Sims 3 base game that contained tomb levels and some items from WA which some when placed in the town were replaced as normal, however when deleting the tomb levels I noticed that some of the walls didn't delete when clicking the with the sledgehammer tool and upon closer inspection it seemed as thought they had wall lights on them as it was still casting light. I tried everything from moveobjects on to buydebug hoping it was invisible but to no avail I think it may have been an objects from a further expansion pack that couldn't be replaced

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

xxx
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:12 AM Last edited by tomomi1922 : 17th Mar 2014 at 3:37 AM.
So you only have basegame, and you tried to install a lot with WA objects?

What was the error message when you tried to delete those walls? Without a lot of information, I may guess TS3 is considering you deleting things outside of your ownable lot. You may need restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off to get to those wall.

Oh and, those lights... do you see them at all? They could be the invisible lights from Buydebug. In Buy/Build mode they appear as rectangular white block, in Live mode they are invisible. They are awesome to put light where you don't want to see light in Live mode. Only thing is sims can't turn them on and off. So this can be those lights.

Maybe you can show a few screenshots?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
So you only have basegame, and you tried to install a lot with WA objects?

What was the error message when you tried to delete those walls? Without a lot of information, I may guess TS3 is considering you deleting things outside of your ownable lot. You may need restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off to get to those wall.

yeah I only have the base game and it says something along the lines of can not delete Ill try your method
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:36 AM
No Luck tried restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off and it still says cant delete :[
Scholar
#5 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChristopherHarrington
Hey everyone wondering if you could help at all?

I have downloaded a lot onto my Sims 3 base game that contained tomb levels and some items from WA which some when placed in the town were replaced as normal, however when deleting the tomb levels I noticed that some of the walls didn't delete when clicking the with the sledgehammer tool and upon closer inspection it seemed as thought they had wall lights on them as it was still casting light. I tried everything from moveobjects on to buydebug hoping it was invisible but to no avail I think it may have been an objects from a further expansion pack that couldn't be replaced

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

xxx

If you really want this lot, and the creator can't make you one without WA, I think there is a way for you to rid yourself of the tombs.

1. In Edit Town, bulldoze the lot you have there now.
2. Place a fresh version in its place.
3. Place a sim.
4. Go into live mode.
5. Type in "testingcheatsenabled."
6. Go ahead and shift+click on any of the objects you need removed, and the word "object" will appear. When you click on that, the word "delete" will appear. Click it, and voila.

Once all the objects are gone, you'll be able to go into build/buy, and use the hammer safely.

EDIT: If these are invisible lights from buydebug, obviously you'll still need to delete them in build/buy. But still, I think replacing the lot is your best chance. I think with a fresh lot, if you grab them before you delete the walls, they will delete.
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 10:35 AM
If you got awesomemod, you can ctrl+shift on the floor and nuke everything in a small radius and hopefully it should go away.