Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 10:56 PM
Default Sims3: Custom content [skins, makeup] not working anymore
Hello!
I'm well aware of trouble cc content and dealt with it a couple of times. This time however, I can't fix it and I'm not sure what's wrong.
Yesterday I've been playing Sims 3 almost the entire day without any problems. When I tried starting it up the next day however- my sims were black. The skins I had were gone and so was most the makeup. Not all though, but the makeup that disappeared was in the Mask makeup section [sorry, forgot it's name. It's the last option when putting on makeup!]

I've tried reinstalling but this only caused more problems as the sims took forever to load like when it does with bad cc. I uninstalled all mods and downloads, then slowly started putting them back in in groups of 50. No problem, sims loaded just fine. However- the skins and makeup still didn't work. These are all .package files, by the way.

I've tried removing all files and letting sims generate new ones. Still nothing.

After reinstalling it for a third time, the first thing I tried to check was to see if my .package skins would show up in the cc when creating a family but alas. Nothing is showing up. My Sims3pack's however seen to be just fine?

I'm at a loss right now. I'm running on a Windows 8 computer but I've no idea how to post the specs like I've seen in certain topics so if I need to post those- please explain me how. Thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 1:53 AM
this a same issue for me.
the game is patched to the the least patch as of now.
i have
• The Sims 3 2 World Adventures 3: High-End Loft Stuff 4: Ambitions 5 Generations 6 Town Life Stuff 7 Pets 8 Seasons 9 University Life
no overrides, and few cc just for sims i want use, and riverview town. riverview isnt even showing up. i tired installing over again, did the check mark for content moth ways. and up to date on my patching. i have mod folder with overridie and package folders. and the resoruce. file in in the right places. so what gives. any ideas?
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:19 PM
i i was able to get working agian. the answer for me at least is this. everytime i had something new into the game i have do the custom contenet checkbox off on a coupole of time to get get it to see all agian. if one new pecie goes in it all dispaapers from use, but still there i just do the check box run it close it swtich it back agian and shold be ok.