Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime
Default Manually deleting homeless Sims and abandoned vehicles?
As time passes in my Sim's town, the number of empty vehicles and homeless Sims increase by themselves, causing lag and sometimes freezing. I did some research and found a mod called Overwatch that I'm sure many of you are already familiar with. However, Overwatch crashes my game when I used it. I tried different versions and they all caused crashes during or immediately after loading a game. Frankly, even if I find a version that works, saving the game feels like a risk.

Which brings me to my question: if I manually find and delete abandoned vehicles and homeless Sims, will that fix the lag the same way Overwatch does?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:38 AM
If the version of Overwatch you are using doesn't match your game/patch version, which is displayed in the launcher, it will crash. You really want to patch to the final version of Sims 3(1.67) so you don't have mod conflicts. There is a 1.67 Superpatch that will correctly upgrade your game.

Running Overwatch along with Errortrap, and Register goes a long way towards stopping the lagging/freezing in my game. If you're playing a world with bad routing, resolving it will help a lot, too,

Manually deleting Sims corrupts the game, last I knew. Better to remove them in Edit Town, although they aren't the problem, usually.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 8:13 AM
I don't have the latest patch so I used an older version of Overwatch, being extra careful about choosing the correct one. Currently I'm also using some mods and downloading the latest Sims 3 patch will interfere with some of them. Plus, the infamous problems caused by the pre-Supernatural patch scared me out of further updates. Unless it's absolutely necessary, I'll stick to the version I'm using now.

Are ErrorTrap and Register required to run Overwatch?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Man of Steal
Are ErrorTrap and Register required to run Overwatch?

Not required, they just add to the stability of the game.

I froze my game at patch 1.29(Pets) a few years back, because everything after stuttered more. I run the 1.67 patch now, but concede that it took an extraordinary effort to make it behave in a viable way.

Luck

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:40 AM
There were times when my Sims would freeze but everything else moved, apparently a very common issue among Sims 3 players. Is that caused by lag or something else?