Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 9:35 PM
Default WCIF more frequent death in regular gameplay
Accidentally deaths happen, but sadly not often enough for me. So I already have the mods that allow continuous for satellite drops and am happy with that, and have earthed up the one that increases chance of death by Murphy bed and the one that makes fires spread faster and be more deadly to try out. Besides those, though, are there any more mods that allow any other deaths to occur more frequently but still organically (ie, not me setting out to reduce the neighbourhood population or completely decimate it with an unstoppable disease, and I'm sure you all know which mod I'm referring to there) in regular gameplay. In particular, I'd love a disease mod (NOT THAT ONE), though I'm relatively certain none of that exists. But ways to create accidental drowning deaths at all or accidental starvation deaths, more frequent or more deadly electrocutions, more frequent death by flies... I don't know if I'd want a more deadly fright mod but if one exists anywhere I'd love to know (just in case, and to try)... anything that can create more risk of accidental death in normal gameplay, because I want both more risk and more varied colours in graveyards without purposefully killing anyone.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 9:52 PM
Cyjon's Ghost Tweaks has a module that allows for more frequent scaring deaths. I don't think I know of anything else off-hand aside from that one mod that shall not be named, but I'll let you know if I think of any.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Cyjon's Ghost Tweaks has a module that allows for more frequent scaring deaths. I don't think I know of anything else off-hand aside from that one mod that shall not be named, but I'll let you know if I think of any.

Those look neat. I'll definitely give them a shot. Thanks for your help.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 11:03 PM
I tried THAT mod myself, and then removed it again! Too deadly by half!

However, I've now picked up Cyjon's Frequent Disease Processing and also Faster Disease Processing. Although these don't actively increase the chances, the combination of a shorter processing cycle giving small changes in disease modification that balance out in the long run and the increase in speed of said modifications can make some diseases more deadly! I don't think I had a single death by disease in a vanilla game... but I've certainly had a few after putting those two in!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 11:48 PM
I discovered there are two versions of THAT mod. One is deadlier than the other. I had the benign one to start with and no-one died so I didn't see the point of it. I now have the other deadlier one, and yes they do die, but I'm happy with that until it gets to the stage that I might not have any Sims left...
For anyone interested, the benign version is at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg234447 (but I had no-one die after a year of it being installed).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I discovered there are two versions of THAT mod. One is deadlier than the other. I had the benign one to start with and no-one died so I didn't see the point of it. I now have the other deadlier one, and yes they do die, but I'm happy with that until it gets to the stage that I might not have any Sims left...
For anyone interested, the benign version is at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg234447 (but I had no-one die after a year of it being installed).

Is the less benign in the same thread or would you have another link to it please?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:39 AM

Unfortunately, the benign version was the one that once nearly decimated my hood in an attempt to use it. *shrugs* I've tested various versions of this mod and none have ever been anything less than pretty much Black Death Simulator in my game.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 12:41 AM
This is one weird mod. For some, like you Kitten, it has devastating effect. For others, like me, it barely makes a difference. :/

Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 2:16 AM
It barely makes a difference for me as well. I just put it in so I could use Chris Hatch's hospitals without Sims staying for one hour and being better already. If it started actually killing off my sims then it would be gone. XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:06 AM
Yeah, I dunno. I ran it for a little while and I loved the extra difficulty and extra deaths (and will forever treasure the entire generation of legacy children killed by it) but after a person who was even isolated in a comfort room wasn't able to recover sans soup, I ditched it. I want sims to be able to die specifically, just not all of them haha. Maybe I'll throw it in when my hood gets too populated to cull the amount of playable sims and consider it as an accidental outbreak of something more deadly than a cold, but for now I'm avoiding it. Sad that it's so hit and miss.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 3:21 AM
Sans soup it would be hard to get better...but avec soup, they get better

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Sans soup it would be hard to get better...but avec soup, they get better

I love me my soup but I randomize all aspirations haha. There weren't any family sims on that lot at all and I isolated the sick sim in a room with only comfort items and kept him bedridden except to eat and he still died haha.
Inventor
#13 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:58 AM
You might find this thread interesting. It discusses several mods to increase difficulty for various aspects of the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
You might find this thread interesting. It discusses several mods to increase difficulty for various aspects of the game.

Neat, thank you. I've picked up some ones of those I didn't already have.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:20 PM
Lock them in a tiny room with no amenities other than a TV. Turn the tv to Fox News and it shouldn't take long for them croak.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jtf04240
Lock them in a tiny room with no amenities other than a TV. Turn the tv to Fox News and it shouldn't take long for them croak.

Hahahaha. As funny as that is, you seemed to miss a few key words. Namely "regular gameplay" and "accidental". :P
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Is the less benign in the same thread or would you have another link to it please?

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. The other, which works with devastating effect is http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8062.0
Mad Poster
#18 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 12:48 AM
Cyjon has a fix that allows for intense lightning storms. This could provide for more death if a Sim is outdoors:
http://cyjon.net/node/428

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#19 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 30th Mar 2018 at 2:35 AM.
Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. The other, which works with devastating effect is http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8062.0

Thank you!
I can't wait to go back to my dorms...lol

Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:07 AM
Sim Modders "pregnancy changes" makes birth possibly fatale. Sort of like a lightning strike - if critical needs are low, they will tank=death.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Cyjon has a fix that allows for intense lightning storms. This could provide for more death if a Sim is outdoors:
http://cyjon.net/node/428

Thank you. I do have that one already though. I enjoy it, but it's just got me a lot of singed trees, though.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Sim Modders "pregnancy changes" makes birth possibly fatale. Sort of like a lightning strike - if critical needs are low, they will tank=death.

That sounds really cool. Where can i find that?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 7:07 PM
Yeah, I would love to see that mod, too!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rebellina
Yeah, I would love to see that mod, too!

If you're referring to the pregnancy needs tanking one I was asking about, it's currently only here.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenn1011
If you're referring to the pregnancy needs tanking one I was asking about, it's currently only here.

Thank you, this was the one I was looking for!