Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 7:26 PM
Default Nanny potty trains and neighbors change diapers
Do either of these two mods exists?

Wasn't sure so thought I'd ask to see if anyone else knew. I'm hopin that they do as both of these are rather annoyin. I mean come on a neighbor comes home w/ a sim, goes to hold a stinky screamin baby and they can't tell it needs changin? And really, how good is a nanny if they can't put a toddler on the potty chair.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 10:55 PM
When I use Squinge's Visitor Enabled Changing Table http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=7900, visitors will change the baby.

I think the potty training, like "encouraging" is limited to family members, so you'd have to find something that changes that, I think, or you could use SimPE or another such tool to flag the nanny as family.

For my game in UC, the key ingredients for more sensible baby care seem to be Squinge's Visitor Enabled Changing Table
and Pescado's Automated Baby Controller, which I set very weakly only to process babies (or toddlers) and bottles (dispose) http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,2385.0.html and the cheap Maxis crib and changing table.

I only set Pescado's giant eye very weakly, no lobotomies for anyone. I already had the sims feeding and changing babies autonomously once they were in the crib, but this makes them routinely put the baby in the crib - a good thing, since I don't think sims can read a baby's need if they are holding it. Only downside I can see to this is that both of these mods only work with the cheap Maxis crib and changing table.

I also play with Squinge's Move Away from Fridge http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,24233.0.html and BO's no lecture because some sims were lecturing thin air, and I've removed the squeal they make at seeing a baby naked with No Naked Emmiter. Now, I'm looking to cut back on the reaction to smelly diaper, but I haven't seen that, yet.
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 12:34 AM
I've definitely had visitors change a diaper, in pure vanilla - townie teen Sophie Miguel came home from school with David Ottomas and changed one of the twins, while Samantha and Peter were holding the other, alternately trying to force feed the poor little thing and complaining about how stinky she was. I'm sure I've seen at least one visitor change a toddler's diaper, too.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:03 AM
I've heard about people who had Nannies potty training toddlers while babysitting them. I personally never had that happening in my game.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:24 AM
Nannies will potty train, I have seen it a few times, but as far as I know no mod exists to push it. My guess is the coding for it must take a backseat to everything else.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 3:20 AM
This is interesting, but what I'd like to know is what makes the nanny potty train or not.

Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 3:46 AM
I have idiot nannies. They'll go watch tv while the baby is screamin from a dirty diaper.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 5:06 PM
Or take a bath! Who goes to someone's house to babysit and takes a bath!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 6:42 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with relationship. Maybe the nanny needs a high relationship with the toddler for her to potty train the tot? I've seen nannies do this in my own game, but didn't pay attention to details like that.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 7:28 PM
That would make sense, but again, a baby is 3 days, a toddler is 4...how can a stranger build up high enough relationship in so little time? It's not like the Nanny is with them 24/7.
I would have seen this happening when I had my very long age span mod in place, yet I haven't.

Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 7:29 PM
Hmmm, you could be on to somethin there @RoxEllen1965. I generally don't want the babies/ toddlers/ children to get friendly with the nanny. I can't stop her from givin the baby attention, but if I catch her doin it to the toddler I'll usually have them go play a toy. Might be somethin I should do some testin on to see yeah or nay.

I had a teen auto potty train on of her siblings. Sadly though I can't tell ya how good their relationsip was as that hood is gone.

@Smorbie1 ... oh yeah that too ... lol
Undead Molten Llama
#12 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 11:03 AM
Nannies in my game will potty-train toddlers. Not all the time, though. More often they'll wait until the toddler messes themselves, then change the diaper. But sometimes they'll train. So far as I've seen, it doesn't have anything to do with relationship level. (I do not have any mods that affect nannies, and I don't use them that often. In most cases, the toddlers have little-to-no relationship with the nanny.)

Also, visitors will change diapers (though they won't use a changing table unless you visitor-enable one/all of them), BUT if you have a mod that makes it so that babies aren't "swarmed" -- so that parents aren't obsessed with giving non-hungry babies bottles or constantly bathing already-clean toddlers -- then in my experience they are far less likely to do so, if they'll do it at all. Many people have an "anti-swarming" mod because it's a behavior that annoys a lot of people. Me included.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Inventor
#13 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 11:40 AM
I'm not sure potty-usage is connected to relationships either. Granted, I also have anti-swarming mods and use Squinge's Watch Kids Enabled instead of the actual nannies, but if there isn't a difference between a babysitting friend and a game-created nanny, the babysitters will readily potty-train as soon as the bladder bar reaches orange regardless of relationship level (unless there's no potty present, of course). I frequently have babysitters around because they're surprisingly efficient, though that might be due to mod set-up or the use of non-nanny babysitters.