Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 8:13 AM
Criminal: Wherever there are people there is also crime. When the population of the town reaches 100 one spot on the Criminal Career track opens. Every time a Sim reaches the top of the Criminal Career, they open an additional position in both the Criminal and the Law Enforcement careers. The Criminal Career track is never truly unlocked, but can have many open positions.

With the Crime career I have a pop of 100 which has made 1 position available, say some one tops it which would unlock another spot, how to I unlock the 3rd and 4th spot is it is the same pattern? so spot 3 is unlocked when the pop hits 200 and then when someone tops it the 4th position is unlocked ...
Advertisement
Scholar
#302 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 4:42 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 23rd Nov 2016 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Law enforcement was 500 not 250
Geekrockergal: I assume you would unlock a new spot every time a sim reach the top of that career after opening the first spot at 100 (along with Law enforcement which is synced after reaching 500, I think). not every time you reach 100 like for example Education which unlock new positions by population count only. Now, I only play BACC as an inspiration source for career/adding cas strategies, so I could have misinterpret it. But that how I would have played, if I played BACC as an challenge.

I prefer more rules for other aspect of the game, so I merged it with the rules of RKC (Social classes) and partly TOT (starting from middle age stage though).
Test Subject
#303 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 2:00 PM
I have so many law enforcement spots open due to all the fires so Im not really that fussed about adding anymore I might tweak the crime career to every 100 pop = 1 spot which would mean I currently have 4
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 1:33 PM
Any Idea how I can incorperate Law Career without University EP?
Scholar
#305 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 9:11 PM
Geekrockergal: As I understand the original rules, you open the first position on the Criminal track when your population reaches 100, and thereafter a position only unlocks when a Sim reaches the top of the career track. However, this doesn't allow for the fact that Sims quite often don't reach the top of their career track (at least not the way I play), so you would either have no Criminals or you would only ever have one and would have to unlock a new position when a Criminal retired.

Personally, I play the Criminal track by my own set of rules whatever the employment rules for the neighbourhood in general. I figure Criminals are, by definition, rule breakers, so even if a neighbourhood has a "no outside jobs" rule, I make an exception for Sims whose LTW is to become a Criminal Mastermind. I do insist that they play Chance cards (which I usually ignore), however, because Crime is also a naturally risky business. For my BaCC, since my backstory is of the founder being sent to bring law and order to a bandit-ridden wilderness, I also allow townies who are employed on the Criminal track to keep their jobs when they move in; however, if they lose their job, they cannot take another one on that career track unless it is their LTW.

I think the game knows my backstory -- I've had so many burglaries that fully a third of my adult population is employed in Law Enforcement (7 officers out of a total playable population of 28, which includes 3 children and 4 babies)! I had to impose Special Taxes at the beginning to be able to pay them, but the general taxes seem to be covering the bill for now, at least until I have to build a school and start paying teachers.
Test Subject
#306 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 10:35 AM
Ive have 0 burglaries but a ton of fires
Lab Assistant
#307 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 1:18 PM
I started this challenge and i already have population of 36 in 5 households. But there i have a problem with tax, I have 4 households with same last name. What to do with them? How to get money from them?
Lab Assistant
#308 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterBoy269
I started this challenge and i already have population of 36 in 5 households. But there i have a problem with tax, I have 4 households with same last name. What to do with them? How to get money from them?

What I do is to change the name of the households with SimPE each time I quit the game. The first one is 001, the second 002 etc. Then it's easy to use the familyfunds cheat in game :-)

I share my CC here !
Lab Assistant
#309 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xmathyx
What I do is to change the name of the households with SimPE each time I quit the game. The first one is 001, the second 002 etc. Then it's easy to use the familyfunds cheat in game :-)

thats good idea, but im noob with SimPE
Lab Assistant
#310 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 3:27 PM

Then try buying objects that take away the amount of simoleans you want to be taxed in, then place it all in your inventory and leave in there in the abyss. Use terrain brushes and use it to decrement to the exact value.
Lab Assistant
#311 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 3:52 PM

Oh, it's really simple. If you only need to use SimPE for that, you can learn how to.

• First back up your files.
    Go on My Documents / EA Games / Sims 2 / Neighborhoods, and copy paste (don't just move it somewhere else, copy, then paste) your hood folder somewhere else just in case something goes wrong. (Actually it's a good idea to do so at some points, like every week or month, even without using SimPE, so if one day you neighborhood got corrupted you can roll back)
  • Open SimPE
  • Tools > Neighborhood > Neighborhood Brower
  • Choose your neighborhood and Open
  • Let SimPE load the files, it can be take some time depending on your hood size and your computer
  • On the Resource Tree, click on Family Information (FAMI)
  • On the Resource List choose the Family you want to rename
  • Change only the Name, and click Commit
  • Click OK when SimPE tells you that the changes has been commited
  • File > Save
  • Close SimPE and check in game if this is ok.

That's all !

In case anything gone wrong, simply replace your Neighborhood folder with the one you saved somewhere else.

I share my CC here !
Scholar
#312 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:40 PM
Masterboy:
Another much simplier option is to change the surname of a simwith the Last Name Copier from ChristianLov: http://modthesims.info/d/289073
Other than cloning sims or fix memories, I rarely need SimPE to do these kind of stuff thanks to all these small hacked objects that can be used in game instead.

Simply Change the surname (perhaps a few letters or combine two if its a couple?) with the picture and then move them out and their household name will change. You always change it back when moving them back again, if you want them to keep their orginal lastname. It might be a wonky with sims you've already moved to a house - unless you haven't done much with their house, but it save the trouble about finicking with SimPE all the time for the future families. ;-)

Personally I tax my sims with Monique Payeer bills by creating an random unplayable sims acting as simholder to tax them or using a sim with important status. White bill is used for the sims you tax, Blue is used to the one who recieve it. The cons might be for simmers who use % taxes, rather than specific amounts ---- or those who prefer not using CC objects (due to whatever reason).
Lab Assistant
#313 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 1:17 PM
Test Subject
#314 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 2:43 PM Last edited by geekrockergal : 29th Nov 2016 at 3:14 PM.
so I have a lot of sims that have the culinary LTW and I don't like running restaurants as sims cant do it solo, so I would like ideas on how to get around this?

I was also thinking of randomising who gets to run a business and who gets a job and randomising which career they get as currently I am focusing on everyone getting a business and only half of the careers are being used to try and unlock BD but its getting boring and Im running out of business ideas.

Im also getting bored of my sims do nothing but get married and give birth routine ...

I was also thinking of only playable heirs allowed into uni so when they come I can actually benefit from them going rather than making them waiting and forgetting what career I allocated them to
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 4:45 PM
Icad's updated rules states that you can unlock the culinary skill without having the restaurant lot be player-owned. http://redmond-flats.weebly.com/rul...and-tweaks.html
Test Subject
#316 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 5:01 PM
okay so if i have a free community lot as a restaurant to open a slot, how do other slots in that career get unlocked?
Scholar
#317 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by geekrockergal
okay so if i have a free community lot as a restaurant to open a slot, how do other slots in that career get unlocked?

According to the set of rules I have printed out, the career is fully unlocked once the first Sim reaches the top of the career. I would take that to mean that once one Sim has become a Celebrity Chef, any Sim who wants to enter that career track can do so.
Lab Assistant
#318 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 4:40 PM
Quote:
Any Sim you directly create in CAS, from your founder onward, can only move in/marry townies or Sims that were born in the game, not other Sims that you directly create in CAS. The exception to this is if you decide to save up your earned CAS Sims and create a whole family or families at once instead of a bunch of single Sims to "seed" individual households.

Does that mean that I'm allowed to create a whole family in CAS at once, but its forbidden to add one or the whole family in a pre-existing residential settled household?
Lab Assistant
#319 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lukas11xxf
Does that mean that I'm allowed to create a whole family in CAS at once, but its forbidden to add one or the whole family in a pre-existing residential settled household?

Yep.

But I personnaly ignore that rule. If a new CAS Sim met another CAS Sim in a community lot or at a party or whatever and if they fall in love for whatever reason, I won't force them to find someone else. They live their life and may marry/move in someday. I just don't directly add a new CAS Sim to a lot where someone else lives. They have to meet in game and new CAS Sim have to start their life in their own home.
Especially that I use ACR and sometimes love appears where I don't expect it.

I share my CC here !
Lab Assistant
#320 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 8:28 PM
Well, im so "bad" at this challenge, so i need some useful tips :-)
Lab Assistant
#321 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 9:06 AM Last edited by lukas11xxf : 4th Dec 2016 at 9:18 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Default SpreadSheet
Well, im so "bad" at this challenge, so i need some useful tips :-)

What's troubling you at this challenge?
==================================================================================================== I noticed that some of the career requirements of joining aren't basegame compatible (right now I only have Open for Business ep installed) with the college degree and stuff, and a few lifestates were missing from the species count. I tweaked the Icad's Spreadsheet by adding those supernatural beings and additional requirements of the career that would be valid to every player.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  New WinRAR archive.rar (77.9 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#322 Old 10th Dec 2016 at 12:48 PM
I've been playing Sims 2 for a couple of years, but this is the first time I've loved a challenge enough to want to post about it!

I started a BACC, but it didn't quite take off. The hint to use plasticbox houses got me finally looking at custom content (which I've resisted up until now) and I fell in love with the neighbourhood called Elsewhere. I rolled the jackpot - 10 founders - on my second BACC with the modified rules. I'm almost done with rotation number 4 and I can't wait to play every day. Thank you to the creators of this challenge!
Test Subject
#323 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 11:12 AM
Im using sim modder to modify LTW based on the career I roll for them, so first i roll if they should maintain the business or get a career and if they roll for a career I printed out a list of what career match up with what aspiration so if they are a Knowledge sim and Science, Oceanography and Architect are unlocked I will roll to see what job they should get and scroll though the LTW to find that career orientated aspiration and its made me want to unlock more career by getting sims to do more things (like fish) which i wouldnt normally get an entire family to do during there allocated week and it also gives me a reason to send teens to uni (yay I love usi) but current I only have 2 (nearly 3) as they have to be near adult to be sent, I still want them to have a teenhood bt a majority of them when i decided on this method has only hit teen sao im hoping I will get alot more attendees to uni and i was thinking of using some of my cas to create students and have them merge with the current household rather that putting them on the end of the house line as making them wait to be played but they arent many careers for family. pleasure or romance sims I did toy with any aspiration = any career but it didnt feel right also Ive noticed their is no career ltw for paranormal o_0 so i dont know what to do about that.

Also I was thinking of rolling to see who would be in a apartment and who would be in a house (possible roll to see how many floors as all my houses have 1 floor) to give my neighborhood some character
Mad Poster
#324 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 10:41 AM
My Rule Changes:
(I know I have already posted this, but this is more organized version and tweaked a bit)

Code:
  • All objects are locked, except for those listed below this bullet point, meaning that you can't buy them from the buy mode category when you start the game.
- By default, the objects that are unlocked is a telephone and a wall or any kind of end table to support the electronic object, the very cheapest full size fridge and (if you have a pet) a pet bowl, and (optional) any object that produces items or not, but does allow your sim to earn money (pottery table, easel, robot crafting station, ect.).
  • Build mode objects and tools are locked as well, except for terrain tools&paint, gardening essentials.
- In a scenario, you may build one wall title only when for the sake of supporting one or two objects that require to be attached on it (eg. mirrow, toilet).
  • In owned community lots, you can buy and place down any objects from the buy&build mode catalog, regardless whenever it is lock or not.
  • To unlock a specific object, one of the household must establish a shop/store in a real state and put the exact object on sale (meaning for instamce the same brand tv won't unlock if you place a cheat or exensive /& different-looking tv).
  • Sims must only purchase the objects from the owned community lots that sell them, unless when required quickly in an emergency event or the household owns the store/shop that sells them - then you can enter the buy mode.
  • One lot can only have one established store, which are listed below this bulletpoint.
-These can be an electronics, plumbing, furniture, lightning, deco/sourvenir store, pet store, and car dealership.
  • A lot can have a mall, that consists of these sold items in shops: flower, toy-store, recreation, sport goods, bookstore, clothes, grocery and party + as an additonal one store from the above list.
  • One real estate can be bought per household.
  • To unlock the following service, you must complete the following task:
- Pizza&Chinese Delivery: establish a restaurant (or for base games - tons tables/island-counter and chairs/stools with the replacement of stove and fridge over chef stove). - Repair Service: a sim (in the neighborhood) with max out mechanical skill. - Maid: a sim with max out mechanical skill. - Butler: same requirement as Maid’s, but also cooking is a must. - Pet Adoption Service: a pet store with pets put up for sell. - Gardener: a sim w/ golden badge or reaching the needed population number. - Other: reaching the needed population number. *Later on I will be explaining on how you unlock each build mode objects & tools.* Goal: What BACC suggests + unlock all buy&build mode objects and tools!
Mad Poster
#325 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 2:20 PM
Right now I'm playing into two neighborhoods: one in the maxis given, Veronaville, the other - in acreated one with my ideas incorperated from the above reply. Since the town is already filled with households and community lots, I'm starting from right there by calculating the points of the total population by adding from what the town has offered. I might as well change the story of these premade sims as time progress, where the game leads me to offer its own storyline while I'll attempt to fulfill every sims' LTW.
Page 13 of 15