Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
God, I cried so much, as I saw Bambi's mother die.
Someone from Disney said that people were so upset by this that they didn't dare do anything similar until the Lion King which came out, what? About 50 years later?!

I actually found the beginning of Up really, really sad. About as sad as Bambi and the Lion King.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 7:50 AM
Oh yes. Up has a really sad beginning. I started to watch the film 2 weeks ago and I stopped as his wife died. Too sad. I'm 43 years old now, but seeing trickfilm figures dying has the same effect today as 33 years ago.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 4:59 PM
Disney: All the classic princess ones my favourites are Mulan (not actually classed as a princess but hey ho) and The Little Mermaid 1, number 2 was a piece of crap.
Pixar: TOY STORY TRILOGY Up, Finding Nemo and Ants Life (am i the only one who remembered this?)

Edit: OHOHOHOH and Ice Age 1, not the other two, they suck.

Are you questionning my badassness? I <3 Glee GO TEAM PUCK :D
Field Researcher
#29 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 8:19 AM Last edited by shaaaii : 10th Jun 2011 at 4:32 AM.
Favourite Disney/Pixar movies:
1. Toy Story 1,2 and 3
2. Tarzan
3. Monsters Inc
4. The Incredibles
5. Finding Nemo
6. Tangled
7. Enchanted
8. The Jungle Book
9. 101 Dalmations
10. Lilo and Stitch

There's just a few of my favourites!

19 - Female - Australia
Forum Resident
#30 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:45 AM
From Disney I would say Alladin, but not what everybody thinks.. Remember this movie came out when CGI was still not wide spread.. There is a scene where the king walk out on to the polished floor and you can see his reflection in the floor as though a person had walked on to that section of polished stone floor..

It impressed me anyways for a cartoon..

As for pixar.. Wall E and Cars are the two I will set and watch time and again.. Saving Nemo .. Bruce the shark lives on!!! For those of us who watched Jaws in the theater when it first came out. made sure that any one witrh sense stayed out of the oceans.. The mechanical shark was named Bruce after the directors lawyer.. A little trivia you can now inflict on hapless friends, relatives, school mates, and co-workers.. Your welcome..

But that is why the shark was named Bruce in Saving Nemo as an inside joke..

I have not seen Up! and a few other.. Really should watch those movies at some point.. Some great special effects are in some of them..
Field Researcher
#31 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:33 PM
Disney: Beauty and the Beast, no contest.

Pixar: The Incredibles. Really, though, I think that they're all very good (with the exception of Cars, which was just meh, and possibly A Bug's Life, which I don't remember all that well.) I'll be excited to see what they do with Brave - finally, a female protagonist in a Pixar movie!
Test Subject
#32 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:08 PM
I pretty much love everthing they make!
Tron was my favourite Disney movie and Wall-E was my fave pixar movie (eve and wall-e are so cute they make me tear up )
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:19 AM
All of them are so wonderful, so hard to answer with just one.

I'd have to say either Pocahontas or Mulan.

Last Disney film I saw was Toy Story 3. I have never cried so hard in my life.
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:27 AM Last edited by Robodl95 : 22nd Jun 2011 at 3:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I have been recently listening to compilations of old Disney songs in many different languages. I was astonished because those songs are beautiful in every single language they're sung in.

Me too! Disney really does sound good in every language (well mostly, all the languages have good and bad dubs...) The most interesting thing to me is how they're able to translate the song while still keeping with the amount of syllables/rhyme scheme/ idioms/ meanings.

*shameful self-promotion* I've done several multilanguages and have a lot of foreign Disney stuff on my channel
Multilanguage of Part of your world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiS9...nel_video_title
One liner of B&tB comparing lyric meanings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0nTDPNhUcA&NR=1

Just to give you an idea of the differentiations of lyric meanings here's some examples from a line in B&tB (check it out above )

Original English
Just a little change
small to say the least
both a little scared, neither one prepared
Beauty and the beast

and now the same lines in several languages

Croatian
A memory of an ancient dream
A yellow page from a book
like a drop of dew, like the water falls
love will stay put

French
And suddenly it arises
their hearts in celebration
A pink butterfly, a little nothing
a flower offered

Japanese
Inch by tiny inch
Love is pulling open
the door to love

Polish (just for you Wojtek :D)
Some tiny thing
One little gesture
Even though hearts are shivering, although they're not sure
Beauty is with beast

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#35 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 6:14 PM
Toy Story from Pixar, The Lion King from Disney. Disney movies these days are awful.
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:28 PM
Default Hi !
It's the lion king, I always cry when I watch it
Theorist
#37 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 4:16 PM
I don't really remember the Classic Disney movies (thanks to my short memory), but I do remember liking Lilo & Stitch and Toy Story.

As for the 'modern' movies, I like UP; I guess Wall-E is kinda nice, but since I only watch the Japanese-Dubbed version during a long flight, I don't really understand the movie.
Test Subject
#38 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 4:49 PM
I love Disney/Pixar. 8) My tops are:
1. Tangled
2. Princess and the Frog
3. Cars
4. Little Mermaid
5. Lion King 1-3.
Test Subject
#39 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 7:54 PM
Disney Classics
Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
Fantasia
Cinderella
Peter Pan
Sleeping Beauty
The Sword In The Stone
The Great Mouse Detective
The Little Mermaid
Beauty And The Beast
Aladdin
The Lion King
Pocahontas
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
Mulan
Tarzan
Brother Bear
Tangled

Pixar
Monsters Inc
Finding Nemo

Brave is looking really cool! Too bad we have to wait a year for that.
Instructor
#40 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 6:02 AM
I love Wall-E. I've seen it about 10 times now, I always cry when I watch it I loved Up too, it's a really sweet story with a good message. And, surprisingly, I loved Cars 2 when I went to see it with my nephew a few weeks ago. It's probably because it was Mater-centric and I adore Larry the Cable Guy. :P
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 2:58 PM
Bambi.. When I was smaller I had this dream that I could go into the wood and be with bambi - then I realized that it never would have worked and painted my walls with bambi in my room. And I still have the same room !
favourite song: First sign of spring - Bambi 2 (I think the song is so nice right now..)
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 12:12 PM
My favorite is the "sidestory" of Timon and Pumba. I like the song hakuna matata.
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 12:27 PM
Since I live and breathe (Classic) Disney, it's kind of hard to choose. xD
But I think Alice in Wonderland might be my favorite. Followed by The Black Cauldron.
Awesome movies, good times.
Instructor
#44 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 8:29 PM
NEMO! and Toy Story (All 3 movies) and Monsters Inc.<3
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by n.lazuli
It's the lion king, I always cry when I watch it

Hehe, me too
I like Lion King, Tarzan, Mulan,...
Forum Resident
#46 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:49 AM
I not really a fan of the Disney Princess movies. Pocahontas irritated the living daylights out of me, especially.
Mulan, and The Princess and the Frog are my favorites.
I liked Tangled but the message at the end "Long blond hair; magical, beautiful, strong, and super speshul." "Short brown hair; not magical, boring, normal."
Test Subject
#47 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 11:38 AM
I love all the Disney Classics, most especially the Disney Princess movies like the Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty. Snow White, however, never failed to put me to sleep for some reason.

This is a generic signature.
Page 2 of 2