Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 1:43 AM Last edited by betsy4arts : 30th Nov 2018 at 1:13 AM.
SimPe won't allow me to use DDS when importing(found answer}
First of all, I have windows 10-64 bit. When I try to import my new texture using DDS, I see a pop up that states: system. out of memory exception was thrown. Since I have windows 10-64 bit, SimPE should have the 3GB switch already turned on. Any suggestions? When I try to use the simple import, my graphics look terrible in-game. I have been recoloring for ages and have never run into this problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by betsy4arts
First of all, I have windows 10-64 bit. When I try to import my new texture using DDS, I see a pop up that states: system. out of memory exception was thrown. Since I have windows 10-64 bit, SimPE should have the 3GB switch already turned on. Any suggestions? When I try to use the simple import, my graphics look terrible in-game. I have been recoloring for ages and have never run into this problem. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi.

I have same issue, juste started recoloring again. Did you find any solution ?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 12:20 PM
You need the dds plugin from nvidia, and it needs to be linked to the correct spot in the SimPE properties.

Making sure SimPE isn't using too much memory helps. Having a way of emptying the working memory can be useful.