Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 2:41 PM Last edited by Dragonfruit : 6th Jan 2016 at 5:49 PM.
Default Unable to load save on re-installed CAW world
Hello!

I had to uninstall and reinstall my game and after installing my CAW world, my game is unable to load my save. The save had worked fine before reinstallation and I am able to start a new save in this world. On the main menu, the save I need to fix is greyed out and I get the serious error message. Caches are deleted upon each attempt to load the save. I am fully patched. I have tried copying the meta data from a new save and pasting it into the old save. The save doesn't say .bad and every single backup (over a year's worth of backups) will not load.

I had this issue a few months ago, same world, and was unable to fix it. Both times, exactly the same problem (above) occurred. It's like the game can't find the world file connected to that save. Is there any way to open the files in S3PE and maybe change the world name hex code to be the same as the reinstalled world? It's the same world, but the save file must be unable to connect its data to the world. I really don't know what to make of this. I've had other people try to solve the issue, but it's just so weird.

Any ideas are welcome. I've tried all the basics and failed a million times. Thank you so much for your time and thoughts.

*edit* link to the dxdiag is here: dxdiag

This was the latest ErrorTrap report. It seems that I have a lot of orphan objects, but I've re-installed all of content: sims3pack, package files, library, saves, savedsims,

Advertisement
dodgy builder
#3 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 3:52 PM
Do you have the right version of caw? If you now have patch 1.69 of the game, you need that caw version. It's been updated Jan 05, that was yesterday wasn't it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 3:58 PM
Dragonfruit, please put things like long error reports, or dxdiag or other long file contents behind spoiler tags. I already edited your first post accordingly.
In addition, what nitromon already said, we cannot really do anything with regard to ErrorTrap log files; you should post them at NRaas Industries and wait for the response of the people there. Here you would merely get speculations on what these files could mean.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 5:52 PM
I do have the version of CAW that was released yesterday, though EIG seems broken for now.

Speculation is fine. I was hoping someone here might have encountered this issue before. I don't even know if that ErrorTrap is related to my exact issue. Maybe someone could eliminate that as an option.

Again, I wonder if there is a way to solve this issue in s3pe, since many users are knowledgeable with that here. Which is why I posted here.