Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 12:55 AM
Default Graphics quality spontaneously(?) lowered; where to look for cause?
Esteemed Simmers,

I believe I've accidentally sabotaged my TS3 graphics, but I'm puzzled as to how. I had been futzing around with an HQ mod and "thought I had changed everything back to just the way it was", but...

The most visible symptom is the appearance of Sims' hair, shown below in CAS and in game. Do any of you recognize this look as a clue to a type of problem?

The Options settings are high or very high and my hardware is good enough (and, more to the point, unchanged since the time when it rendered well.)

Can anyone tell what's going on here, or what a reasonable next step would be? Is there, for example, a file that I should particularly compare against a cleanly-installed one?

Thanks very much,
Ronnie.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 6:44 AM
Thank you, I will see whether importing that file from a recent EP does me any good.
If it does help, then I'll diff the working vs. non-working files, and post what I learn about the differences.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 10:46 AM

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"