Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 9:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets, Supernatural
Default I had mods that worked but now they don't
I had downloaded some mods into my Sims 3 game that worked fine. Then I didn't play the game for a while and when I tried to play again my mods weren't showing up. I checked my files and they were all still there but not showing up in the game. I really don't want to have to re download all of them. Is there anything else I can do?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 1:23 AM
They are there, so you won't have to re-download them. Unless they have become incompatible with your patch level. How long haven't you played? Did you patch since then?

Have you tried clearing your caches ?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 2:04 PM
It would help if you could provide a little more detail here. What patch are you on? PC or MAC?
Are you including custom content in the mix or is it actual mods? What mods did you install that are not showing up?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 7:44 PM
It's been a few months since I last played but I haven't updated anything since then. Unless it does it automatically I don't know. I haven't cleared the caches but I will try that. Thanks for the link
I'm on a PC but I don't know how to check what patch I'm on. What's the difference between custom content and mods?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 15th Dec 2015 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HufflepuffHunter
It's been a few months since I last played but I haven't updated anything since then. Unless it does it automatically I don't know. I haven't cleared the caches but I will try that. Thanks for the link
I'm on a PC but I don't know how to check what patch I'm on. What's the difference between custom content and mods?

Hi HufflepuffHunter... Updates in the actual game are not done automatically. You will see what patch you are on in the lower left corner of the Launcher.
Custom Content is things like furniture and other objects, clothing and CAS items, jewelry, hair, make up etc.
Mods are apps that change the way you play your game..

What is it you are looking for but can not see?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 2:03 AM
Hey. So I I'm on 1.67 I guess then. I had mostly custom content that was missing but also a couples mods. I tried clearing the caches and I deleted all the files and tried to re-download some but they still weren't working. I looked at this page http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files and it said to install this FrameworkSetup thing. I didn't have that before but the stuff was working. I tried downloading it and followed the instructions but it still didn't work.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 2:12 AM Last edited by barbarat : 7th Jan 2016 at 3:33 AM. Reason: Question Added
Quote: Originally posted by HufflepuffHunter
Hey. So I I'm on 1.67 I guess then. I had mostly custom content that was missing but also a couples mods. I tried clearing the caches and I deleted all the files and tried to re-download some but they still weren't working. I looked at this page http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files and it said to install this FrameworkSetup thing. I didn't have that before but the stuff was working. I tried downloading it and followed the instructions but it still didn't work.

Lets start with the mods first: You still have not identified what mods you are not seeing. Are you not seeing them in your mods/packages folder? When you load a game and get to the main window to select a world to play do you see another window that lists your mods? What are you trying to do that is not working.

Forgot to ask: If your mods and CC in the Mods/Packages folder was working before you had to have the mods framework installed. Do you have it installed now.
Site Helper
#8 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 3:24 PM
Especially, do you have resource.cfg in your Mods folder? That is the file that explains to the game what it is expected to do with all these other files and folders which it sees in there. If it doesn't know what to do with them it will ignore them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 8:19 PM
I see the files in the folders but I don't see another window that lists the mods. I have the resource.cfg file but none of the mods show up in the game.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 9:08 PM
I suggest that you go to this link and follow the directions exactly.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Hope this helps you.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 15th Feb 2016 at 9:32 PM
As suggested by Ghostsgoj, me and today Persian it is critical to have the framework set up for mods to work.
From my response to you Jan 6 #7 - You still have not identified what mods you are not seeing. Are you not seeing them in your mods/packages folder? When you load a game and get to the main window to select a world to play do you see another window that lists your mods? What are you trying to do that is not working.
See also my Dec 15 response clarifying the difference between mods and custom content.