Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#3576 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
It finally dawned on my feeble brain that it might be a good idea to put Sophie-David's dishwashers in my dorm and secret society lots. Why should the students have to pay for maid service? Let the university provide cleaning staff! Hallelujah! Why did this never occur to me before?

I have had a Sophie-David dishwasher on my Secret Society lot for ages, just never thought to mention it. I don't have them in my Dorms or Greek Lots because one you can hire a Maid there and two the NPCs become sort of part of the household if they are there long enough and interacted with enough.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3577 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 6:29 PM
Yes, that's why I don't usually place those dishwashers on residential lots. Since residence on University lots is so temporary though, I figured - why not? Some students will move out and others will move in and they don't have to take the dishwasher waitress with them.
Forum Resident
#3578 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 7:53 PM
I'm embarrassed to admit I threw out my Strangetown that I was deeply enjoying (Mary Gavigan was pregnant with TWINS. UGH.) I think I had borked it some how during some of my earlier testing and was just not able to get individual objects and sims to stop throwing errors. In the end, I didn't want to keep playing around the problems.

That said, I'm going right back in there and I'm going to replay it all properly damnit. I'm nearly finished prepping the lots.
Lab Assistant
#3579 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marimisawa
I've just started an Uberhood, and I've only played a few families (in Belladonna Cove).

DeBateau: Tara got a job in the teen Adventurer career, and she got to the top pretty quickly. She also earned two scholarships - the Young Entrepreneurs Award and the SimCity Scholar's Grant.

Gavigan: Mary, Nathan and Isaiah moved into an apartment in Belladonna Cove, and Nathan got a job in the Athletic career. Isaiah made quick friends with two of his classmates, Sharla Ottomas and Sofia Baldwin. Mary and Nathan had a second child, a little daughter named Rachel. They managed to schmooze the headmaster of the private school and earned Isaiah a spot, and then he grew into a teen (with the Knowledge aspiration).

Patel: Ana gave birth to her baby, a little boy named Aarav, who ended up growing into a child during the week I played the family. Ramir ended up getting promoted to Congressmen.

Teatherton: This family consists of a few single ladies from the Uberhood - Alexandra Teatherton, Rainelle Neengia, Jessica Peterson and Bianca Monty. Alex and Rainelle took quite a liking to each other straight away, and ended the week married (they then moved out to the House of Fallen Trees in Downtown). Bianca got engaged to Gabriel Green, and Jessica went on quite a few dates with Malcolm Landgraab.

More Belladonna Cove/Uberhood stuff!

Baldwin: Isabel's uncle Carlos moved in with her and her family. Isabel wanted another baby pretty quickly, and her and Benjamin ended up having a little girl named Rosa. Carlos went on a few dates with Chastity Gere. Sofia grew into a Teen, and got the Knowledge aspiration. Soon she had her first kiss with her good friend Isaiah Gavigan. Also, Marcus grew into a child.

Green-Gere: Gabriel's romance with Bianca Monty continued, while Chastity kept dating Carlos Contender. She also started a romance with Gilbert Jacquet. Gabriel and Bianca got married, and moved into their own place in Veronaville.

Cordial: Not much happened with these two, other than the fact they became witches.

Cho: Etsu grew up into a (super cute) child. Vivian met Mortimer Goth, and the two went on a date. They got engaged (because that's just how Sim romances are lol) and she ended up pregnant. She gave birth to a little boy named Edgar.

Cleveland: According to Jason's gender preference, he's a closeted gay guy. He ended up meeting Kent Capp, and they went on tons of dates. Eventually Marissa found out, but she was willing to stay married to him (at least for a while). Justin made friends with Violet Jocque. By the end of the week, Marissa got sick of her sham of a marriage with Jason and dumped him. Jason moved out into a small apartment on his own, but I think he'll eventually move in with Kent. Justin also set off to Academie Le Tour!

Rutherford-Weir: Geoff adopted a dog who he named Cupid. He also met Nina Caliente at a club in Downtown, and did all kinds of Romance Sim stuff with her. Because of that, Don Lothario decided to invite Geoff (along with Nina, Dina, Cassandra and Kaylynn) Downtown, and got very angry when he saw Nina and Geoff kissing. Connor wasn't able to find that special Sim just yet, but he did become a neutral warlock.

Newson: The Newson kids moved into a big house thanks to the inheritance they received from their deceased adoptive mother, Gloria. They befriended quite a few kids from around the uberhood, such as Lilith Pleasant, Sally Riley, and Sofia Baldwin. There were four age ups this week - Gabriella grew into a Teen (Popularity), Gallagher grew into a Teen (Knowledge) and the twins grew into children.

Riley: Sally became BFFs with Gabriella Newson, and rolled wants to talk to her everyday. She also became BFFs with Etsu Cho. At the start of the week, Timothy was mainly focused on his job and his daughter, but he rolled a want to go on a date and ended up falling in love with Kimberly Cordial. He ended up rolling an engagement want, and they ended the week married. Sally also grew into a Teen with the Knowledge aspiration. I think Kimberly got pregnant, but I'm not 100% sure.

Loner: This is the male counterpart of the Teatherton household. It contains Ajay Loner, Julien Cooke, Chester Gieke and Cyd Roseland (along with Cyd's dog Porthos). They all got jobs, except for Julien, who already had one. Cyd and Chester ended up romantically involved without me even initiating it (and I don't have ACR anymore). Julien also went on a date with Patricia Wan.

Goodie: Faith joined Samantha Cordial's good witch coven, and soon Herbert rolled a want to join her. Herbert also befriended a Grand Vampire when they went Downtown. They also adopted a child named Richard.

Kat: Tara spent her time caring for her cats. Samantha and Mickey had a litter of three kittens, one of which Tara sold to Mary Gavigan. On the last day of her cycle, Tara met Connor Weir and they got crushes on each other.

Larson: Jason got a job in Law Enforcement, and Jodie got a job in Medicine. The twins went to the 50s diner in Downtown, where Jason met Cleo Shikibu, who he went on a few dates with before proposing to her. Jodie also met General Buzz Grunt and they went on two dates, but she's not falling in love with him despite their high relationship.

Mari | 26 | She/Her | Australian
Mad Poster
#3580 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 4:46 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 6th Sep 2018 at 5:20 AM.
I really like the effects of randomly rolling sexual orientation in my hood. I have three young teens who just grew up: Matilda (straight), Andrew (straight, Matilda's uncle), and Michael (gay, unrelated to either). Michael comes home from school on the bus and I discover by observing thought bubbles that Michael thinks Andrew is hot and Matilda thinks Michael is hot but of course they are all the wrong sexual orientation. (Matilda and Andrew then when to Matilda's mom's under-18 club and actually got dates - Andrew's was a success, Matilda's was kind of a dud but I'm hoping I can get her together with the guy anyway because she's the first teen I've ever seen roll the Go Steady want in my game, and by god I'll try to get it for her. Of course, she also wants 30 first dates, so... I guess pleasure is just another kind of romance sometimes.)

Also, I discovered I need to fix the orphaned sim scholarship.
Top Secret Researcher
#3581 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 5:55 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 6th Sep 2018 at 12:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Also, I discovered I need to fix the orphaned sim scholarship.

@kestrellyn why do you need to fix the orphaned Sim Scholarship?

In my Game Cassandra was Abducted and since I have a mod that makes both genders of Adults Alien Pregnant she is expecting, I will get her next round though as she was abducted just before I was going to play another household.

In the Sedona sub-Neighborhood Collensworth household I am currently playing Phil Collensworth's Alien Hybrid Daughter Phillipa was just Abducted and Phil Collensworth's Wife Didi was Abducted for the second time the same morning and they are both pregnant {suspended} and Phil got abducted as well, but he is an Elder now.

One of Didi's Alien sons was abducted and she has a want to have the other one abducted as well.

Phillipa previously had two sons by her husband Howard Beech, one of them is green skinned and the other one is light skinned human.

The Collensworth Household currently has 4 boys who are teens or who are going to be teens soon, soon as I get them all off to Uni it is time to do the next household in Pleasantville.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
#3582 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@kestrellyn why do you need to fix the orphaned Sim Scholarship?

Because it doesn't work if the sim only had one parent in the first place (like, for example, they were the child of a pollination technician, who should not be considered a "parent" in this case, and it may also affect children who were adopted by single sims, or created in CAS with only one parent).
Forum Resident
#3583 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 4:32 PM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 7th Sep 2018 at 6:52 PM.
I'm gonna create a town just so I can finally focus on University.

Edit: I...forgot that I don't really like how Uni progresses. Gonna move all sims back to main hood, though, because I love the characters.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Top Secret Researcher
#3584 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 6:19 PM
After not playing Sims 2 for many years I have a completely vanilla game save CEP and the shadow fix patch. Does anyone know or have advice on how to getting the cc folder to recognized on another drive

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Theorist
#3585 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 7:14 PM
Well next month my Beginning of Pleasantview Hood will be a year old. I haven't had time to play all that much since April, so progress has slowed considerably.

But right now I'm playing my first 8 Sims household in a long time. Herb Oldie's younger brother Andrew, and Bob newbie's younger sister Joy as well as their 6 children: 2 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 child, 2 toddlers 1 baby. It's chaos, and it's quite challenging, but it's fun :-)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3586 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 7:57 PM
Allina came out as pregnant (is that a thing? No? Well It is now!) to her parents, Armand and Dina DeBateau. They don't believe it was aliens. She's not old enough to move out on her own, but when her older half-brother Bobby moved out to Strangetown she followed him. I always thought if one of Armand's 12 children were to have an alien baby, I would've thought it would be Bobby, not poor little Allina who got abducted on her teen birthday. Aliens aren't allowed outside of Strangetown, so Allina can either leave the baby there with her brother (or another adoptive family) and move back to Belladonna... Or live in Strangetown. She's a knowledge Sim and loves Sci-Fi but I don't really see her living in Strangetown because it's not much for job prospects... So it could go either way I guess.

Ellen and Phineas had twins - Gideon (boy) and Atarah (girl). They also have an adopted daughter called Bonnie. Which means their tiny little 2 bedroom apartment that couldn't fit a bed in the second room is definitely way too small... The only problem is they have less money than the $20k they start with and most starter houses are kinda full... They might have to move to downtown... Which isn't the ideal place to raise a family.

Edwin and Delilah O'Feefe-Sharpe had their third child, Mattel. They have a teenage daughter, Matisse and a child son, Matteo. I wasn't expecting them to have any more children......... But they did so okay.

The Starchild family, which consists of Jared, his wife Moonbeam and their triplets, 2 sets of twins and another child are currently cleaning up the beach they've called home all summer, autumn and spring. Now that it's winter, they're going to pack their large family into a ridiculously small trailer in Pleasantview. Hurray! Moonbeam wants 10 children so I can only imagine how packed that trailers going to become soon enough. Thank god for bunk beds.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#3587 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 8:22 PM
I'm graduating everyone. This will take a while
I've made some backstories, too. Roxie Sharpe and Jonah Powers dropped out when Rox started showing signs of morning sickness. They live in a small house and Jonah keeps on saying they've got enough money for a bigger house, but Roxie is adamant that they'll need the money for the baby.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Scholar
#3588 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 2:07 AM
I had to wave a sad goodbye to Sheffield and Greater Pleasantview when I realized all my hoods were incurably corrupted, probably due to McAfee antivirus borking the entire installation. Those two hoods weren't yet showing signs of corruption in-game, but another hood was and Hoodchecker was throwing out a mountain of unfixable errors across the board, so it was only a matter of time before they would have exploded.

Having got rid of McAfee and reinstalled TS2, I'm now playing what should eventually become an Ottomas Empire uberhood. I'm starting with just Riverblossom Hills until Tommy is old enough to be made Duke of Belladonna Cove. So far, I've just played everybody through one day to get them settled in, except that I played the Greenmans through four days so that Daisy was ready to become Royal Nursemaid as soon as David left for college. She seems to be enjoying her job so far, and Tommy seems happy to learn his toddler skills from her, so that makes life much easier for Samantha.

Nathan Gavigan won't be joining us in this hood. He whined endlessly about money in Sheffield, and the Welcome Wagon had barely arrived in Riverblossom Hills when he started up again. He had a job; you'd think he could go one day without earning money without making such an almighty fuss about it. So I may accidentally have placed the Batbox, and then I may accidentally have hit Smite - twice. I was going to exit without saving, but then I noticed that both Mary and Isaiah had wants for "Get a pet" and "Get a kitten" - both Sims had both wants. I had Mary call the animal adoption service and get a little white kitten delivered, they both went platinum, and I figured they obviously didn't really miss Whiny Nate that much after all. Mary managed to get a 9-3 job; she'll have to skip work on Saturday and hope she doesn't get fired, but they have plenty of cash in hand so it's not desperate if she does.
Field Researcher
#3589 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:16 PM
In Davenport household, it was Bubble's birthday. The boy is obviously very smart (genius, in fact - I use batbox to make two or three sims in every generation to be super smart), and Pearl is determined to give him every chance she can possibly afford. Not that she can afford much, especially now when twins are here. Buying cribs alone emptied her bank account till the point she had no money to pay for a maid (she hired one out of desperation few rotations ago). Maid took a lamp as payment, but called Pearl to chat on phone later. Nobody noticed or cared for a missing lamp, so I guess Pearl and maid are still on good terms.
Soda came home with D- grade and Elizabeth Ng. That friendship took a romantic turn pretty quickly. Well, let's hope his girlfriend doesn't find out. Taffy, on the other hand, is doing fantastic at school, as she always rolls a want to do homework by herself. Soda needed a bit more of outside motivation, and in previous rotation Fitzwilliam (who wants him to be an overachiever) was teleported in to teach him to study. Soda can now do homework even if he doesn't want to; hopefully that will improve his grades.
Party was the last thing Pearl wanted, but, hey, everything for Bubble. She bought a cake (and was left with 8$ in funds) and invited Dave Barlett, her friend with benefits, and - ehh, why not, Fitzwilliam. They still can't get along, but kids like him, and he has helped out a lot lately with money and other things. And, to be honest, he is the only one raising Soda, taking him out, buying him new clothes and everything. So maybe it's time to get over past disagreements.
Yeah, no. Few seconds after he got into the house, Fitzwilliam and Pearl were showing each other around, Taffy was crying in bathroom, and Soda and Elizabeth were making out. In Pearl's bed. Naked. Bubble grew up happy though, and had a cut scene I didn't saw because kitchen counter blocked the view, but Soda was crying on background because of cockroaches. Bubble wanted to buy a piano (he has 6 creativity skills after all) and do homework (slow down kid, you'll have way too many of those), and Pearl's mind was racing with ideas where to get money for music instruments and private school for Bubble and Taffy. And maybe twins along the way. She seems to have very smart kids, at least some of them.
At the end she did the hard, but necessary thing. She waved goodbye to Trouble's ghost as he was sent to graveyard, picked some of her favorite things around the house, and then put the "for sale" sign on a lawn and moved out. She now rents a 2 bedroom apartment in 2 City Park Street. After buying new furniture, piano for Bubble, and some fitness objects for Taffy, Pearl still has enough money to stay at home till twins grow up. So, that's a relief.

On the other household, we have a bit of drama going on. I wanted Batchelor household to be gay/bi friend group where everyone throws a lot of parties and enjoy themselves, but Andy and John decided to fall in love, get married and have the most suburban middle-class life possible. So, Tim and Dave were left alone in a large apartment; the apartment got glichy and they moved into a house. Dave is bi, charismatic and full of fun. He likes everyone he meets and instantly becomes either friend or lover with them. Almost everybody is attracted to Tim, but he is too shy and serious to do anything about it. Actually, he just kinda follows Dave everywhere and holds his hands all the time. Despite being in love with him, Tim is afraid to get engaged. Dave doesn't think about it all; he is too busy managing his affairs with Shonda Watson, Pearl Davenport, Cola Panoski, and Ida Juana Knowe.
This rotation Dave returned from work with a friend called Amin Landchild. ACR claims that Amin happens to be gay. He was sort of interested in Dave, but Dave noticed Pearl walking around and greeted her. He was too busy making out with her to notice Amin until the guy announced that Dave is the coolest sim he has ever met and has earned the highest possible reputation. At this moment Tim walked in, saw Dave flirting with Pearl, made a disapproving gesture (I saw that animation for the first time) and went to bed.
A moment later Amin tried to flirt with Dave, and Pearl got mad and accused him of cheating. She has seen him making out with other sims before, and she is a romance sim. The affair has never been serious to her, and she has never rolled any engagement wants or anything. Maybe she changed her mind and actually wants a monogamous, long-term thing? Well, in that case, she will have to find someone else.
Pearl attacked Amin and was asked to leave afterwards. She lost the fight, and Amin has no negative feelings for her – or anyone. He gave Tim a large tv and high-fived him everytime Tim and Dave had any sort of romantic interaction. He is attracted to Tim as well, but Tim doesn't care about him. At one point Tim and Dave got tired of Amin following them around the house and asked him to go home.
After Amin left Tim and Dave went out on a date – or, technically, three dates in a row. They were out for about 48 hours, visited several lots, run into Shonda Watson at one point (she was trying to get Tim's attention, much to Dave’s annoyance – Shonda is his friend with benefits after all) and had amazing time. Nothing else changed in their relationship – Tim is still afraid to make things serious and wants to have at least one more partner (but is simultaneously
uninterested in everyone but Dave), and Dave only wants parties and new friends. Unsurprisingly, Amin showed up on the last lot Tim and Dave visited and continued to high-five them. That guy amuses me, I might keep him around.

Good news or Steve Dore: he might have finally found a girl who is interested in him. He was seen on one of the community lots with Hope DeFirrd. They certainly enjoyed themselves, but Hope already has a boyfriend. The teen drama is coming!
Mad Poster
#3590 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 1:08 PM
In Drama Acres, Ginger and Cooper Hawkins had their anniversary party three time before I could get it to save without crashing (and the crashes were happening after the party was over, too!). The happy couple are now both permaplat despite the fact that Ginger's LTW had somehow been changed and the batbox couldn't find Golden Anniversary available to her. It could, however, toggle the state on, so there's two Drama Acres sims who'll be happy forever. I was conservative about calling the party, inviting only the original Newson siblings, those SOs Ginger was friends with, and her non-resident children. The roof was of course raised, not least because (in the final version of the party) Frieda LeStrange and Gozii Hawkins fell in love autonomously in the kitchen.

Across the street, Random Newson ignored her homework in favor of taking an outing to the Convenient Stores. She, Juan Baptisto Starchild, Stephen Casa, her cousin Gozii Hawkins, and her best friend Spring Thyme went out, played some pinball, bought some groceries, and came back for supper, smustling, hot tubbing, and chess. Random made friends with Gozii. She's attracted to Spring, but Spring is straight as a line and dating her cousin Carmel. Oh, well, romance is not her priority, though her mom talked to her seriously about marriage during dinner. Gavin spent his time teaching Sir Pounce the cat to use the toilet.

Finished with Upslope at last, I went downslope and sent Patrick Cooke on his first teen outing. Trisha and Julien were happy to have him bring his friends to supper and Trisha had them taste-test a new recipe. Culinary enthusiasm should enable sims to "experiment with recipes" and invent entire new dishes - or fiascos that give everyone indigestion. I can see why they didn't do it, but still.

Encouraged by playing two houses and two outings without crashing, I proceeded to Townie Hall, which crashed twice. I don't think I'll try a third time. Three of the old folks are on the verge of death and why put myself through it? But rather than play the next house, and risk yet more crashing, I went to Strangetown.

Darwin Curious had his first day of school. Crystal had a day off from work and invited some in-laws over - Jenny, Johnny, and Johnny's wife Klara (leaving Jill and Juan home to babysit infant Joyce). Klara and Crystal are both a bit abrasive and didn't get along, but she and Johnny bonded over rooting for the Llamas. She burned lunch, but Lazlo came home and made cherry pie. Everybody's sleep schedule was off, but Crystal managed to teach Darwin to study so it was a productive day.

At Curious Prime, the kids had a snow day even though by afternoon summer had arrived and the snow was mostly melted. Pascal's daughter Mitchie spent a lot of the time looking after her infant cousin Euclid, child of Monica and Vidcund. Monica is still fairly awkward with infants. Pascal had a lot of skilling to do, Vidcund and Pascal's wife Christy went to work, and Vidcund's son Tycho jumped rope, played with his bear, got read to, and looked forward to his birthday. Vidcund came home with a promotion and Christy came home with Stella Terrano and an upset stomach. There are three toilets in that house and she threw up in each and every one of them. She tried several times to be the one who helped Euclid with his birthday, but eventually she had to go to sleep and Vidcund grew him up with no fuss. Now that Euclid is self-mobile and better able to convey his wants, Monica finds him much more interesting, so I locked her wants to teach him to walk and sing a nursery rhyme. Vidcund wants another baby, but that's what telescopes are for. Jenny dropped by at some point, no doubt to instruct Monica in some of the finer points of child-raising.

Vidcund and Monica's new house was ready, so they moved out shortly before Christy popped. Curious Prime is now much too big for the number of people it has in it, but that means that the currently unborn Curious will have a dedicated nursery, and they can probably put together a home lab.

Vidcund, Monica, and Tycho did not have enough money for the new house, so I moved them into an empty lot and shamelessly motherloded them. Monica has this trust fund, y'see. Tycho and Euclid have rooms downstairs and Vidcund and Monica have a room and private bath upstairs, near the telescope. Tycho and Vidcund wanted a pet, so they went to the humane society and got Naturally, a yellow tabby with half a white face. Despite being finicky, she ate her cat food with no problem.

Tycho used a mod to throw himself a birthday party, getting all his subadult cousins, two of Mitchie's friends that he's also made friends with - Gabriella and Georgia Newson - and his favorite aunts and uncles. I rolled, giving him three chances on an 8-sided die to be a Knowledge sim, but he rolled Fortune. Thanks in part to teen hang-outs, in part to affectionate aunts and uncles, and in part to Monica making a determined attempt to befriend Pascal by challenging him to a chess match, the new roof got raised. (Pascal and Vidcund have tended to avoid each other's spouses, possibly because they both find their sisters-in-law hot and keep heart-farting them in private.) After the party, Vidcund fed Tycho some smart milk and did not quite get him potty-trained, but Monica taught him to talk, which was what he wanted to learn, so he is a happy baby and Monica, who had been skeptical, is sold on the Curious Special Formula for toddlers.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#3591 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 3:22 PM
I have had BACC called Huntsville going on for almost one year now and i'm almost halfway through Round 11. I like to make my sims very distinct and kind of mix random elements from other cultures, media and stuff to it. I have currently 16 families in the hood, with all of them having specific story lines. All of my founders except one (because he uses Elixir in order to learn all the skills he could possibly learn) have died because of old age. I have just started using ROS for even more random scenarios and currently thinking as crazy ideas for community lots to keep it interesting. I like to keep it very tongue-in-cheek kind of play and not make it all too serious. Some of the families include an half-alien half-cat hybrid sim who came down to the village only to depend on fortuneteller (She and her legacy can't follow anyone else's advice except random blind dates the fortuneteller gives her, it is based on The fortune teller legacy), an alien who only came down to earth as her main mission is only to breed (Legacy challenge), a sim who works on Law enforcement career while secretly being the werewolf, an old witch who owns the city orphanage etc.
Lab Assistant
#3592 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 4:59 PM
I did some more experiments with Milkshape, most of the results are amateurish so I'm not too sure if share them or not. I also did a couple of lots, I will be sharing them on my blog soon!

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#3593 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 5:08 PM
I'm not sure if this was a weirdness in ACR or something that can happen without it, but I had directed two sims to woohoo in a hottub on a community lot with ACR, and they picked one that already had another sim in it. They did shoo him, but he didn't leave and they proceeded to woohoo in the hottub while he sat in there with them. Then he got out afterwards, I guess that was enough for him.
Forum Resident
#3594 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 6:57 PM
You know, that's a really good question, since I dont have the game loaded right now... I wonder what they're doing when I'm not logged in. The last time I booted up the game, they were all standing around the Elixir of Life cooler, whispering. I distinctly heard a few "shh!" and i think i heard one say, "he's back". They quickly scattered back to their skilling objects and pretended to look busy. Now I'm getting a little suspicious.

Knowing MY sims, those little buggers are probably all off woohooing the last sim that blasted them in the face with a handful of steaming hot, extra-spicy chili con carne. Nothing says "I Love You" like 160° meat with hot red pepper in the eyeballs!

Well, all I have to say is, if I have to come up there, they're ALL going to be sorry!!

-grinEvilly
>=)
Mad Poster
#3595 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 8:08 PM
I thought it was really funny, when one of my sims (Bernard) was getting married to his long-time girlfriend, Sweet Hart. All of a sudden, before the ceremony started (or rather, the little cinematic), suddenly the ghost of Bernard's grandmother popped up to scare Sweet (through Bernard's body) and made her wet herself. Bernard was nice about it though, and instantly started mopping the wet grass beneith their feet.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#3596 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:30 PM
Kristen Loste is pregnant for General Buzz!

She spotted him at the little downtown shopping center in Loste and immediately thought he was hot (double bolts). This may be the biggest scandal to rock Strangetown in the history of me playing it. The General is an upstanding man, but he and Kristen don't yet know she's pregnant, but she's barely older than Tank.

The General is happy though. He hasn't been in love since losing his beloved Lyla twice over. I've always felt a little sad for him, struggling to raise his three boys on his own. He deserves a little love in his life, and I hope his new baby will be a girl to soften him a bit. I think he's always secretly wanted a daughter. Once Kristen pops I'm going to have the General propose.

Loki and Circe are also pregnant - they lost Nervous (he ran away in the night and they didn't bother to look for him since they're now focusing on their family.) The two had conceived once already but lost the pregnancy before the end of the third trimester. They're desperate to have this one succeed, and I'm hopeful that they will as well.

Pascal gave birth to twins (with decent genetics. I had to upgrade his pregnancy because the original alien genes were an absolute no thank you.). That's the last male pregnancy the Silaxis will ever perform, and Pascal was honoured to be chosen. Andromeda and Nebulae are very cute and very labour-intensive, so it's lucky that Lola and Chloe are there to bus bottles.
Top Secret Researcher
#3597 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 6:56 PM
I think I have found the sim jesus

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
#3598 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 9:07 PM
Currently Playing Sims in the University subhood that I like, the one with the French Name. I have over 100 different households counting all of them, I don't know exactly how many sims right now, but some where around 500-550 Sims. So I have a relatively large number of Sims at University at any one time. I just counted them and I have 86 Playables at University right now. Just graduated one of them and going to graduate another soon. Takes me a long time to do a rotation, especially as I don't do them by time rather by events like teens being sent off to University in most cases.

I play differently when I am playing the University 'hood, instead of just playing until I get one of the Sims to Graduate, I play a Greek House until one or more of the Sims Graduates and then I switch to one of the other two Greek Houses and play that one until the same condition where upon I switch to the other Greek House. One of the Three Greek Houses is a mixed Gender house and the others are single gender. When a Greek House goes below 7 members I add more Sims to the House from the pool of Playables.

I play the University a variable amount until I feel like switching to one of the regular Neighborhoods in my Ãœberhood and then I play households in various Neighborhoods until I have played several of them and then I switch to the University and do the Admissions Process and then add the now YAs to one of the houses there. Sometimes I will play one of the Greek Houses at this point and sometimes I go back to Neighborhood I was playing.

Every so often on a whim I go to the University and play one of the Greek Houses until I get to the point where I want to play the Household that is in my regular Rotation List.

I play in a very Zen manner, and not very structered except that I do use a Rotation list, because I don't want to forget one of the Households and not play them.

I hope that everyone is well.

Test Subject
#3599 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quick chat after dinner:

...and naptime!

Mad Poster
#3600 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:28 AM
Inspired by Sonshine's current thread about them, I'm currently playing the Newson family. Now I normally pause my game before saving and quitting, so I quite often tell the game to load a family and go and do something else while it loads. I had left the Newsons at about 2:15 in the morning with everyone asleep except Georgia (still a toddler in my game) who was downstairs playing with the toy garage. So the lot opened, showing the kitchen area, with no Sims in sight, and I occasionally glanced at the screen as I continued to do other things. Suddenly I was surprised -- shocked even -- to see a large yellow plumbbob moving quickly across the screen. Obviously the game wasn't paused! The plumbbob turned out to be above the head of young Gabriella who was going to get a shower. It was after 10 o'clock in the morning and everyone was awake. Nothing disastrous had happened -- no one had died or been taken away by a social worker. Ginger was emptying a potty, Gallagher was cleaning up (he's generally a very helpful boy) and Gavin was going to the toilet. But both toddlers were hungry and in a bad mood. Garrett (who is potty-trained) was stuck in his crib. He had wet his nappy once and was well on the way to wetting it again.

I was in two minds what to do. By nature I'm a micromanager, and the Newsons, with two toddlers and no adults, are not an easy family to play. But they had survived, and with Ginger Newson in charge, I maybe shouldn't be surprised. Young she may be, but she's extremely capable. And Gavin's no dullard either. Garrett wasn't very happy, but I'm pretty sure he hadn't suffered any permanent psychological damage. It's not the first time that Ginger and Gavin haven't managed to get him or Georgia to the potty on time. And it probably won't be the last.

But I don't have that much time with my Sims, and I really don't like to miss a whole 8 hours of their lives. So I decided to quit without saving. We'll play that night again, and see if they do any better with my help. But it was gratifying to see that, if pushed, they could manage without me. The Newsons have gone up in my estimation.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 144 of 349